1967 Barracuda Fastback- Project: "Not as Nice as Tony Fields'"

-
Nice build.
I was wondering if you are going to change or repair the dash pad. I also need to do some thing with mine.
Ridge

Thanks Ridge! I plan on replacing the dash pad with one from justdashes, or attempting to find a nice clean one on here in the classifieds. The budget on this build has gotten away from me at this point, so many other larger mechanical things have taken precedent over the smaller cosmetic stuff for now. Once the car is back and debts are paid off, I'll be going over the interior with a fine-toothed comb. :)

Thanks Ridge! I plan on replacing the dash pad with one from justdashes, or attempting to find a nice clean one on here in the classifieds. The budget on this build has gotten away from me at this point, so many other larger mechanical things have taken precedent over the smaller cosmetic stuff for now. Once the car is back and debts are paid off, I'll be going over the interior with a fine-toothed comb. :)

I know what you mean about budget getting out of control just sent my Hemi to the machine shop to start it's build.

Did I read you are only 25 if so wow your doing great my son is 25 and i'm lucky if he knows what cresent wrench is. Keep up the great work love them fish.

I know what you mean about budget getting out of control just sent my Hemi to the machine shop to start it's build.

Did I read you are only 25 if so wow your doing great my son is 25 and i'm lucky if he knows what cresent wrench is. Keep up the great work love them fish.

Thanks skypower! I can't even imagine the bill for a Hemi motor. There's nothing like dropping the down payment for a house between the shock towers of a Mopar though :D

You read correctly, I am only 25. I was lucky enough to have A LOT of help from an expert on this build, but I'm a mechanical guy and this won't be my last Mopar by any means. Next on the list is a Coronet, 62-65 Savoy, or an AMC AMX if I can get my hands on a clean example for a reasonable price.

Looking good.....won't be long now.

I saw a robin today...you know what that means.

Spring!

OK back to your build...I bet you have trouble sleeping at night...wanting to get back on the build.

Mop:burnout::burnout:

Just keep up the great work your doing an awsome job.

Just keep up the great work your doing an awsome job.

Thanks so much!

Well, the engine, trans, rear end and suspension are all in the car. The engine wiring harness is being completely reworked and rewrapped, as countless numbers of morons with wire strippers have spliced into it over the years. I'm still waiting on my rear wheels from Specialty Wheel. I ordered an AAR fiberglass hood, hemi scoop, and stainless steel stantion kit for the car as well.

Also, today I dropped off the front buckets and Legendary upholstery at a local shop to be installed. The seat frames are being media blasted and painted, all foam is being replaced and springs are being reinforced, and the seat trim is being painted/cleaned.

Pics coming soon. Should be finished in a few weeks! Just in time for Spring cruising weather :D

This has been great to read. Keep up the good work. That Cuda will be a real beauty when finished.

pretty nice car pettybluedart! ol tony set the bar pretty high didn't he! i live the interior, it just looks right!

This has been great to read. Keep up the good work. That Cuda will be a real beauty when finished.

Thanks so much! Can't wait to drive it now!

Cool build,your doing a great job.I,m a new 68 Barracuda FB owner and have been searching out some trim,interior parts also.I do have a spare trim piece for around your A/C,let me know if your interested when funds allow(it,s not going anywhere)Here,s a couple pics of mine.
View attachment 219333

View attachment 219334

View attachment 219335

View attachment 219336

Thanks pettyblu, and nice find on your '68! I love the color and the interior. PM sent on A/C trim. 8)

I got my rear wheels from SpecialtyWheel today and they were worth the wait and then some. I also picked up a nice set of police dog dish hub caps from a member on here. I can't wait to get these on the car!

15x8" SBP Steel Wheels (black powdercoated)

100_1020.jpg

100_1019.jpg

100_1025.jpg

BFGoodrich Radial T/A 255/60/15

100_1026.jpg

I can't wait to see more pics as this project moves along your doing great.

A few more shots as progress marches on. The car is in the final stages now and should be done soon.

Here's a short list of what's left to do:
1. Reassemble rear axle with painted center section
2. Modify throttle cable bracket
3. Repaint valve covers and throttle bracket
4. Windshield wipers
5. Install exhaust
6. Finish adding fluids
7. Start motor/tune
8. Wheel alignment
9. Install stripes, AAR hood, steering wheel, trunk trim, emblems, tail lights, Sun Supertach II, and various odds and ends.

Pics:

P1010190.jpg

100b3980w.jpg

100_1033.jpg

There's an AAR fiberglass hemi hood in here, I promise :D
100_1031.jpg

lookin good man, hopefully I will see your cuda at some local shows this season!

I know im coming late to this party but.........WOW great find and overhaul.

lookin good man, hopefully I will see your cuda at some local shows this season!

Thanks dude. The color scheme on my car is pretty unique so definitely come find me and say hello if you see me out. I'll be at Bellmore train station most show nights.

I know im coming late to this party but.........WOW great find and overhaul.

Thanks, can't wait to get in and drive!

very nice build I can only dream of having a barracuda that nice:love7:
Can't wait to get my hands on my sport again 8-[

very nice build I can only dream of having a barracuda that nice:love7:
Can't wait to get my hands on my sport again 8-[

Thanks for the compliments man! I know how it feels to be away from the car. I haven't really even had the chance to drive this car at all. I drove it home from the previous owner, drove it once around the block with my father, and then drove it to the shop of the person who's working with me to get all of this amazing work done to it. That was back in January. :( The car was FAR from being roadworthy. When it's finished this time around it'll be a completely different animal.

Any updates?

The motor is finished and has been started. Runs like a top! The exhaust system is not ideal at this time due to some clearance issues but I'll run it for a season and then switch to a full TTI setup. It's currently dumped at the rear axle.

The car has a few odds and ends to be tied up and then I should be getting it back this coming weekend. It needs an alignment. The stripes are going on and the hood will be painted soon as well. Getting SO close now! :D

-
Back