1967 Barracuda Fastback- Project: "Not as Nice as Tony Fields'"

-
What kind of dog dishes are those? i've got a 67' too and im lovin the look.

67's are sweet!

Those dog dishes look great!

46.jpg

tc67cuda.jpg

The top one is with the AAR stripes.

I wish the other one was too, but I'm sure he will chime in sooner or later.

Ooh wow, beautiful car! I wasn't aware they made AAR stripes for our year cuda. Those might look very good in black against the "liquid copper" paint on my car... hmm. :D

Ooh wow, beautiful car! I wasn't aware they made AAR stripes for our year cuda. Those might look very good in black against the "liquid copper" paint on my car... hmm. :D

Thanks,

Nope, they never did put those stripes on the 67's but I sure did.

I just got tired of the same old stripes and wanted this build to be different than all the rest.

Why, wanna buy it?:-D

hi.jpg

Thanks,

Nope, they never did put those stripes on the 67's but I sure did.

I just got tired of the same old stripes and wanted this build to be different than all the rest.

Why, wanna buy it?:-D

That sure is different, I love it! I'd love to buy that car, but my Barracuda slot is all filled up at the present time. :D I posted in your build thread because the pics all disappeared... any way you could post them back up in there so I could see that beauty being born?? Please??

Well, here's a small update. No pics just yet, but I've received some nice new parts in the mail thanks to YearOne, Layson's Restorations, and some FABO members. 8)

I picked up the following:
- reproduction front fender "Barracuda" script emblems
- reproduction fender fish emblems
- complete MOPAR antenna assembly for A body
- reproduction rear window cranks with hardware kit
- OEM show quality "P-L-Y-M-O-U-T-H" lettering emblems for the front header panel

What's the best way to apply these emblems? Which adhesive is best? I was thinking of just going with the 3M emblem adhesive. Any thoughts?

Well, here's a small update. No pics just yet, but I've received some nice new parts in the mail thanks to YearOne, Layson's Restorations, and some FABO members. 8)

I picked up the following:
- reproduction front fender "Barracuda" script emblems
- reproduction fender fish emblems
- complete MOPAR antenna assembly for A body
- reproduction rear window cranks with hardware kit
- OEM show quality "P-L-Y-M-O-U-T-H" lettering emblems for the front header panel

What's the best way to apply these emblems? Which adhesive is best? I was thinking of just going with the 3M emblem adhesive. Any thoughts?

So the repro P-L-Y-M-O-U-T-H scripts don't come with the threaded studs in the rear?
That sucks.
Do they at least come with the sticky adhesive backing already applied?

One more question: which vendor did you get them from?

I guess the 3m sticky tape with the red or blue peel off backing would be the best.

I had my originals rechromed.

Oh, by the way, here's the car coming off the flatbed the day I bought it out of the barn.

cudaoffflatbed.jpg

Under the knife.
grindingcuda.jpg

The stripes were born, look closely
1-7.jpg

cudanewpaint.jpg

cudahood10.jpg

cuda14-1.jpg

pistolgrp1-1.jpg

4-6.jpg

Awesome cars fellas!!! Cudaspazs, Did I read that you have a brother that lives close to Cecil county drag strip in Md?

So the repro P-L-Y-M-O-U-T-H scripts don't come with the threaded studs in the rear?
That sucks.
Do they at least come with the sticky adhesive backing already applied?

One more question: which vendor did you get them from?

I guess the 3m sticky tape with the red or blue peel off backing would be the best.

I had my originals rechromed.

Actually the P-L-Y-M-O-U-T-H lettering for the front header panel is the only emblem that I was able to source as a factory original. I picked them up from a member on here who saw a thread I posted asking about where to buy them as repops. I was able to score a very nice and complete set.

And... oh my GOD that car is nice! You really transformed that thing! I want!

Awesome cars fellas!!! Cudaspazs, Did I read that you have a brother that lives close to Cecil county drag strip in Md?

Yep, he lives directly across the street and cars pull out onto the main drag right across from his house when they leave the track and every once in a while someone will light the tires up pulling onto the main drag.

When I was up there helping him put a new face on his barn we heard the cars dragging all weekend.
I wanted badly to go over there but we worked from the crack of dawn until midnight all weekend until we got it all done.
I never got to see the strip, maybe another time when I get back up there.

Let me know when you get back up here I'll stop by and say hello. Bring your car I'd really like to see it in the flesh and there's always something going on during the summer months.

Let me know when you get back up here I'll stop by and say hello. Bring your car I'd really like to see it in the flesh and there's always something going on during the summer months.

That would be cool.
Yeah my Brother has been begging me to trailer the car up and make a few passes at the track.
He has a buddy at work that he's been sharing the build with since day one who has wanted to buy it ever since it got out of the paint booth. ha, ha.

I'm at the point where I may see if he's really serious.

Nice start.

I love the 67's as well. Keep up the hard work and save your $$$ by doing as much as you can and the car will get finished the way you want.

Mop.

Attachments

• 100_2834.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 809
Nice start.

I love the 67's as well. Keep up the hard work and save your $$$ by doing as much as you can and the car will get finished the way you want.

Mop.

Holy God that thing is gorgeous. I love the slammed look, the tints and the paint color. I'm doing this car one step at a time, as funds allow. I feel kinda stupid seeing other guys on here replacing full floor pans and welding and stripping entire cars, and I'm sitting here upset my rear window cranks are backordered, haha! Oh well, taking this one slow and steady.

Here's a small update on on my car. The car is currently under the knife for:

-TTI ceramic coated headers/flowmaster exhaust/A-Body chrome tips
-complete front end rebuild
-Kelsey Hayes front brakes replacement as needed
-complete power steering conversion with reman saginaw unit
-Firm Feel 1.04" torsion bars
-transmission tailshaft seal and gas tank filler neck seal replaced
-NOS lock set (doors, ignition, trunk) with new keys

After this round of repairs comes the next round, which will likely include an electrical overhaul of the dash and gauges and a complete wiring harness under the hood. I've also got plans for a flat black hemi hood and scoop from AAR Fiberglass in the works and reupholster the front seats with new black covers from Legendary. Stay tuned for more pics...

frontend.jpg

saginaw.jpg

Just ordered a set of black bucket upholstery for the front seats from Legendary Auto Interiors too. Merry Christmas to me :D

"The top one is with the AAR stripes.

I wish the other one was too, but I'm sure he will chime in sooner or later."

The 67 Barracuda you show pictured with yours is TC67CUDA's. He owned about 4 67 Barracudas, but I purchased one of them, that now resides in Australia. I can only say sweet rides and I hope mine turns out to be half as sweet as your ones.cudaspaz and 71 Duster 440.

Donnie, how did you get the stance on your car like that besides narrowing the rear end? That is freaking nice!!

Yesterday I dropped my rotten old plywood "security panel" off at a custom cabinetry/carpentry shop for them to recreate. I choose a hardwood core with durable laminate facing. All of the hardware is being reattached, and the bevel and radius is being reproduced in the final piece as well. We'll see how the finished product turns out.

Can anyone post pics of the piano hinge that is used to attach the security panel to the car in a '67 fastback like mine?? Thanks!

Is this what you're looking for?

Attachments

• P1030638.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 873
  • P1030643.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 811
Is this what you're looking for?

Yes sir, it is. Thank you for posting the pic! Luckily, a very kind member on here named Tony Fields sent me a spare hinge he had for FREE. What a guy. :D I'm gonna clean it up and lubricate it and get it ready for install.

A bit of progress has been made on the car recently. Some rust was found in the frame rails, they're being capped to prevent further rot. Luckily, the guy doing the work is wildly overqualified for a job like this! :-D

Parts arrived!

P1000549.jpg

Out with the old... Those chewed up headers didn't want to come out.

P1000570.jpg

Old fuel sending unit was replaced with new.

get-attachment.jpg

P1000568.jpg

This next picture will tell the story much better than I ever could. Unfortunately, mostly every line in this car will need to be replaced. Brake lines, transmission lines, fuel lines, etc. are all run incorrectly and/or dangerously (kinked, leaking, etc.). They'll be dealt with accordingly.

P1000574.jpg

Stay tuned!

-
Back