1967 Barracuda

-

mattydean

Reaction score
Working on getting my 1967 Barracuda back together. It started life as a slant six silver with red interior. It found its way to a back yard in Southern CA were it sat and was picked apart. We cut the weeds out from under it brought it home and changed all the fluids new battery fired it up after sitting 5 plus years. Drove as "was" for 3 more years then I parked as life went along for 4 years. My son wanted to work on it, so the adventure began. I'm trying to complete the project before he leaves for the Marine Corps. I doubt that will happen but we will try with the help of FABO
Thanks to all who have helped and sold us parts to this point.

The pics are the paint job.

View attachment 67Cuda006.jpg
disassembled

View attachment 167Cuda004.jpg
Soda blaster

View attachment th_367Cuda004.jpg
primer

View attachment 567Cuda013.jpg
primer

View attachment th_267Cuda003.jpg
rust repair

View attachment 667Cuda007.jpg
first sanding

View attachment th_567Cuda001.jpg
three fenders equal one

View attachment th_567Cuda009.jpg
some body work have a few more

View attachment 667Cuda010.jpg
another coat of primer

View attachment th_IMG00022-20100520-1146.jpg
Door panel

View attachment th_467Cuda014-1.jpg
filling in the door holes

View attachment th_IMG00069-20100528-1521.jpg
the final color

View attachment IMG00073-20100601-1008.jpg

The fun is beginning. We just put sound deadening down. We almost have the motor together it is a 360 magnum stroker. When I post pics I will give the specs. We have the front suspension together we went with a 1969 k member, 11 3/4 rotors, KYB shocks, sway bar, polyurethane bushings. We have a 8.75 rear end with 3.23 742 case big bolt pattern rear end 6 leaf rear springs (re arched) completly rebuilt with new bearings, seals, and clutches.
We have the aluminum 1 1/16 inch master cylinder new brake lines.
We rebuilt the heating and ac unit.
The vinyl top and headliner will go on first of next month and we will have the windows placed

Nice work! When is your son heading to basic? My son is to go in Sept. He joined Marines as well. Keep up the good work.

Great pictures and a great color too..!!

I'm impressed!....even tho' I cringe about doing another resto to that extent....lol..

Cuda vert I'm saying the same thing first car done to this degree but half the car was missing in the first place.

wow!

You do very nice work.

Seems that lately all the Barracuda notchbacks that have been hiding are coming back from the grave.

Ya hear that parts vendors?????

Now pop us out some darn replacement parts for these things. ha, ha.

Looks great! What a clean job on the subframe connectors - your welds look real good.

-
Back