1967 Cuda FB project

-
I guess I should let everyone know why I haven't been on here lately,,,, My Dad passed last Tuesday and up until then have been going back and forth to his place. Now it's the job of cleaning the place out for sale.
So glad he's not suffering anymore.

I wish I could turn back time...................:(

When my Dad passed some years ago it took quite a few trips and lots of time to get his house in order.....Sorry for your loss.

I found that my Dad had tons of stuff that reminded me of the time when I was growing up. I didn't want to throw away anything but, in the end, I couldn't keep everything either. I still feel bad about having to let some things go and I brought home as much as I could.

treblig

When my Dad passed some years ago it took quite a few trips and lots of time to get his house in order.....Sorry for your loss.

I found that my Dad had tons of stuff that reminded me of the time when I was growing up. I didn't want to throw away anything but, in the end, I couldn't keep everything either. I still feel bad about having to let some things go and I brought home as much as I could.
treblig

There is soooo much stuff. My Grandpa built the place in 1932, 80+ years of pack ratting stuff. The memories are the hardest. The "walking away" forever is the hard part.

My Dad "lives on" in my house every time I glance at some of his stuff I keep on the shelves. I also invite his grand kids over and let them take some of the things they like. They remember many of the items he had inside his house. Many of his grand kids (including my kids) grew up (at least part time) in his house. You'd be amazed how much the grand kids cherish some of that stuff.
I even found 3 one Gallon glass Root Beer jugs full of wine that he made back in the 50s. They're pretty well preserved. I thought that they had been lost in one of the hurricanes that mostly destroyed his house. But somehow, like all the other stuff, he managed to save it all.

DSC06600.JPG
DSC06601.JPG
DSC06602.JPG

Treblig

Sorry to hear the reason for your absence. I'd just figured you were busy with other work in the shop. - Hope everyone over there is doing OK through all this.

Damn bro, that sucks. I just checked your thread and just found out. I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost people close to me, and the hurt never really goes away. It tempers with time though. I am sure theres lots of good memories with your dad. Thinking of these when your feeling down can help. PM me if you ever need to talk.

I wish I could turn back time...................:(

I know it'll take awhile before you're back in the swing of things. I'd loan you my time machine if I had one. It's been a number of years since I lost my parents but I still find myself trying to avoid doing anything they wouldn't approve of. If they're watching from up above I'd hope they wouldn't think they should have put me in a gunnysack and tossed me in a pond instead of putting up with my shenanigans.

Sometimes I still talk to them. You take care.

Thanks everybody.
Got back from second trip last nite. Really sad seeing the place "kinda" cleaned out. Got a little teary eyed.

Thanks everybody.
Got back from second trip last nite. Really sad seeing the place "kinda" cleaned out. Got a little teary eyed.

That sucks brother. My folks are getting up there in age as well, i know at some point i'm gonna get that phone call. I am dreading that day.

Back home late last nite. Glad that's over. Not because I didn't like it, just glad that I'm out of the heat!!!!!!!!!!! O M G!!!!!! It was bad.
Did get some kind of power steering leak, will find that later. Hopefully now I can catch up a little and get back to the Cuda!!!!!!!!!!!

How hot could it have been?? Where I live it's 90-95 degrees 7 months out of the year, then in the summer it get REALLY HOT!! Summer days are usually 95 percent humidity.

Treblig

Texas heat 102°-104° all summer long. We have had an interesting and unusually wet spring this year. I am hoping our hot season wont last too long. One year not too long ago it was 102-104 degree days for 140 days straight and during that time it dipped into the low 90s at night. Today its 92° with 70% humidity. I feel like i'm working in a bowl of soup. Got to eat bananas daily or take potassium pills and drink lots of water. Potassium to replace what you sweat out or you will end up with crippling muscle cramps.

How hot could it have been?? Where I live it's 90-95 degrees 7 months out of the year, then in the summer it get REALLY HOT!! Summer days are usually 95 percent humidity.

Treblig
You guys are out of your freekin minds!!! LOL Could not do that at all. It was in the upper 90's with humid air on top of sitting in a hot car racing around the track making the hot car even hotter. lol On the hot tarmack all day too/ It was brutal. lol

Texas heat 102°-104° all summer long. We have had an interesting and unusually wet spring this year. I am hoping our hot season wont last too long. One year not too long ago it was 102-104 degree days for 140 days straight and during that time it dipped into the low 90s at night. Today its 92° with 70% humidity. I feel like i'm working in a bowl of soup. Got to eat bananas daily or take potassium pills and drink lots of water. Potassium to replace what you sweat out or you will end up with crippling muscle cramps.

No "f"in way, Dude. lol You can live there in the summer, I'll let ya!!!!:realcrazy::rofl:

No "f"in way, Dude. lol You can live there in the summer, I'll let ya!!!!:realcrazy::rofl:

Yea but but the dry heat means our junkyards are chock full of virtually rust free sheetmetal. I can wrench off bolts in my local boneyards that have been in place 40 plus years and never have to grab a can of WD40. Cars and trucks out here are not junked because of rustout, but because they are "wornout". Its pretty common to see a nice looking 10-15-20 year old car or truck in my local boneyard with over 350,000 miles on it. Now we can sure tell a rustbelt car, or a "coastal car" from the gulf coast them things are all clapped out. Granted out here the plastics and vinyls dont hold up too well, but ya cant have everything.

Last edited:
-
Back