1967 Cuda FB project

-
Did you use the same ball joint in the lowers as you used in the uppers?
Yes, I did. But I see there are specialized ones for the lower I am going to replace the lower.

What size tubing did you use for your upper and lower control arms?
Chrome moly 1&1/8"

Are you going to use a rear sump oil pan?
Yes, but I am going to modify it. Sits way lower than the K member. Have to cut about 3" off it. Came from a truck.

:cheers::burnout:

awesome thanks. That's kind of the set up I have in mind for my build. I'm not sure what oil pan I am going to use yet. I have a mid sump oil pan I built already. I also still have the truck pan sitting there that may be able to be used.... wont really know till I get the mustang II k member in place on the car.

Did you ever find out were the engine needs to set as far as height?

Did you ever find out were the engine needs to set as far as height?

I built an adapter plate and mounted a T-56 to my 5.7. Had to make a new tunnel and cross member. You have to shorten your steering shaft housing as short as you can and then install shaft. That will tell you where you can put the engine. Can only go so low and only so far to the left before you hit the steering column. That's where I put the engine.:D

I couldn't tell for sure what the new tool in the picture was. At first I thought it was an English wheel but the more I looked at it it looks like a bead roller. Cool either way!

I couldn't tell for sure what the new tool in the picture was. At first I thought it was an English wheel but the more I looked at it it looks like a bead roller. Cool either way!

English wheel. I motorized an Eastwood bead roller years ago.:D

Took a couple pics of the bottom of the trans tunnel, came out pretty good. Here you can see how I sectioned the factory cross member to clear the added space for the T-56.
View attachment WP_20150129_001.jpg

View attachment WP_20150129_002.jpg
Here are the shocks I am going to use in the rear. Actually these are for a customers build but I am going to check to see if this size and travel will work in my rear setup.
View attachment WP_20150129_004.jpg
Here is my power rack from Speedway. Garage sale item, got it cheap. Now, to get it mounted!:blob:
View attachment WP_20150129_005.jpg

English wheel. I motorized an Eastwood bead roller years ago.:D

Cool. - And double cool. It's nice to have a motorized bead roller so it's easier to keep those beads straight when you're by your lonesome.

Here is my power rack from Speedway. Garage sale item, got it cheap. Now, to get it mounted!View attachment 1714788741

I guess I need to check out garage sales farther from home. Around here they're a great place to find doilies and nick-knacks.

Took a couple pics of the bottom of the trans tunnel, came out pretty good. Here you can see how I sectioned the factory cross member to clear the added space for the T-56.
View attachment 1714788738

View attachment 1714788739

Now you're gonna hafta detail the rest of the undercarriage so it all looks pretty.

I guess I need to check out garage sales farther from home. Around here they're a great place to find doilies and nick-knacks.

Speedway is right in your backyard almost!!! They have scratch and dent stuff all the time. They call it garage sale items.:cheers:

Speedway is right in your backyard almost!!! They have scratch and dent stuff all the time. They call it garage sale items.:cheers:

Cool! I didn't know they sold scratch & dent items. Speedy Bill is getting up there in age. I've done business with him in each of the locations they've had. I haven't seen him at the parts counter in years. He was always good at knowing what you needed when you had questions. They've got a 'speed museum' next to their warehouse but I've never checked it out.

This morning I worked on the jig for the lower control arms. Got that set up and I am building the lower arm for the pass side. No pics. Use your imagination. :D

This morning I worked on the jig for the lower control arms. Got that set up and I am building the lower arm for the pass side. No pics. Use your imagination. :D

WOW! They look nice....
I can't wait to see what your set up looks like.
HA! HA! HA!
:happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1:

Thanks for the compliment. In my book, they are ok......... My welding could be better and I would be happier. If it was for a customer, I would redo them.:glasses7:

Sometimes I wonder if anybody but John looks at my thread... lol

Thanks for the compliment. In my book, they are ok......... My welding could be better and I would be happier. If it was for a customer, I would redo them.:glasses7:

We drew straws and I lost. LOL. With almost 13,000 views there must be a couple of other folk out there.

Cool! I didn't know they sold scratch & dent items. Speedy Bill is getting up there in age. I've done business with him in each of the locations they've had. I haven't seen him at the parts counter in years. He was always good at knowing what you needed when you had questions. They've got a 'speed museum' next to their warehouse but I've never checked it out.

Speedy Bill passed away late last year just after his wife had passed away. They will be very missed.

When I'm not working on my own bucket of bolts, I'm watching, reading and admiring.
Impressive magic at work in your shop. Keep it up.
:coffee2:

nice work going on here. i like your hood mod idea. i did something similar to my lancer hood. barracuda hood skin to the lancer hood. where are you in wisconsin?

Attachments

• DSCF1254.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCF1247.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 347
We drew straws :???:?! Well I think I will hang around any way as it lit a fire under my *** :D. Made more progress this week than the past year :cheers:! Well warmed up time to head to the shop :glasses7:!

We drew straws :???:?! Well I think I will hang around any way as it lit a fire under my *** :D. Made more progress this week than the past year :cheers:! Well warmed up time to head to the shop :glasses7:!

Reading all of your guys posts keeps me going. Plus, I really like doing this type of work!:cheers:

View attachment 1714781101
It will rest on the frame rails ala 60's mustang.

Mine is like that. Made a 1x2 frame pieces running from the frame rails to support the tank and 1x2 laying flat on each side front to rear. Used nutserts set into the fabricated frame rails to hold down the tank.

Attachments

• DSC04444.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 320
  • P82A0188.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC02323.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC02322.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 332
-
Back