1967 Cuda FB project

-
I see your cross member is coming along good.:cheers:

mine is like that. Made a 1x2 frame pieces running from the frame rails to support the tank and 1x2 laying flat on each side front to rear. Used nutserts set into the fabricated frame rails to hold down the tank.

nice!

Welded up the pass side UCA today.
View attachment 1714789681
Set up the pass side front suspension in the morning. :blob:

BTW, is there an oil filter adapter for the 5.7? I need to angle the oil filter forward or relocate.

Yes there are both. you can do the 45 degree or the remote. the 45 degree is around $99.00
The remote is more expensive because you also need to do a block off plate.
I am going to try and use the milodon remote system I never used for my gen II hemi that has been sitting around. I think all I need is the block off plate and a couple of fittings.Joe

Yes there are both. you can do the 45 degree or the remote. the 45 degree is around $99.00
The remote is more expensive because you also need to do a block off plate.
I am going to try and use the milodon remote system I never used for my gen II hemi that has been sitting around. I think all I need is the block off plate and a couple of fittings.Joe

TTI sells the block off plate for the 5.7L for $72. You NEED to run a remote filter if you run the plate because it will literally block off the flow otherwise. I designed this plate many moons ago when TTI first came out with the 5.7L swap kit for the A-body because what they were offering at the time was inadequate.

Holy crap!!!!! Had to go to the second page to find my thread!!! Better keep the updates more frequent!
Fabbed up a Neon steering knuckle assy to work on my Cuda. I knew I saved that Neon column for something. :)
View attachment WP_20150204_001.jpg
Got some more of the front suspension mounted.
View attachment WP_20150202_002.jpg
View attachment WP_20150202_001.jpg
Started making the headers for the pass side this morning. Looks like a sack of snakes cuz I am trying to get as equal length as I can. Here some pics. Have to take it apart to weld all together yet.
View attachment WP_20150204_002.jpg
View attachment WP_20150204_004.jpg
View attachment WP_20150204_005.jpg

More stuff in the morning.:blob:

Cripes! I didn't know you were going to fab your own headers too! They look good.

just by chance do you know the weight of your car all tore down on your body lift, safe to say 2k perhaps, i can get a second hand body lify for 1500, i just happend to notice a decal on it thats stated max load 2k. thanks 3404spdfish

just by chance do you know the weight of your car all tore down on your body lift, safe to say 2k perhaps, i can get a second hand body lify for 1500, i just happend to notice a decal on it thats stated max load 2k. thanks 3404spdfish

I am sure it's way less than 2k stripped. The car was like 2600-2700 fully built, I would be surprised if it weighs 1k stripped to the uni-body.

Do you need a 5.7 car intake?I have one if so. I have 6.1 heads coming for my 5.7 block so i can't use it.One of my heads was to warped to save so I bought 6.1 heads.
Parts for these motors are almost as expensive as the Gen ll Hemi.

Do you need a 5.7 car intake?I have one if so. I have 6.1 heads coming for my 5.7 block so i can't use it.One of my heads was to warped to save so I bought 6.1 heads.
Parts for these motors are almost as expensive as the Gen ll Hemi.

6.1 parts are getting scarce. Too many drag racers are eating them up.

LOL I don't even know what a 5.7 car intake looks like. I have a line on a wrecked 04 truck I should be able to pirate everything off of. I need everything. All I have is the block, internals and heads. No accys.

Welded up the headers and back on in mockup mode. I need to run the exhaust where it needs to be so I can decide where the rear shocks are going to mount. Running out of room. LOL
Ordered some bends, clamps, and muffs. I think I'll get the whole exhaust ceramic coated to try and keep heat down. Pipes will be pretty close to floor, that will help keep the heat transfer to the floor down.
Have to take some pics, keep forgetting. Too busy. lol:D

Thanks Rapid!!!! I just wish I had more time or had insomnia like someone else on this site........:D

Started building my exhaust and got about to the rear diff and realized I forgot to do an X-pipe. Dammit!
View attachment WP_20150213_002.jpg
So, took it apart and made an X-pipe.
View attachment WP_20150213_009.jpg
This is where the muff is gonna go.
View attachment WP_20150213_003.jpg
While I was bored waiting for the Fed-Ex truck. (needed u-bends) Decided it was probably time to start on the closing of the fresh air intake.
View attachment WP_20150213_004.jpg
65 little ribs gone.
View attachment WP_20150213_005.jpg

-
Back