1968 Barracuda and One Ugly Mug

-

symonjester

Reaction score
95% completed my restoration. I say that realizing how futile the last 5% is. Anyhow, this photo was taken for an article coming out on my new company soon and I thought I would share the progress.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 281
Awesome photo!! Looks like a fine fish too ... don't be shy if you've got more pics to share.

Congrats on the article! There's nowhere to go but up. :-D

Dude. Wait until the company is successful before you show off that face. Yeesh!

Heh. Just kidding. Nice looking car.

More pics and details ( the car ofcourse )

Unfortunately these are the only two the photographer shared with me. Suppose that's no excuse as to why I haven't gone out and snapped a few pics.

I am still having the perplexing issue that the metal finish (the thin trim) along the top of the trunk doesn't fit. That is, I've bought the trim for a 68 Cuda (cost an arm and a leg) and the brackets. Unfortunately the holes don't match the brackets - actually it didn't match it for any of the bracket sets I bought...all 5. That last 5% is why I look defeated in the picture :p

Attachments

• kennedy leaning on cuda.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 236
You can't be defeated, you still have your feet man. I see um' you're standin thur all 10 feet tall. Sheesh :p

Symon, the two trim pieces for a '68 are so close that they're nearly interchangeable. Could you perhaps have the bottom piece on the top and the top piece on the bottom? Placement of the trim clips -- which don't all look alike either -- could also play a part in ill fitment.

This, coming from the chick whose front valance was bolted on upside down ... I knew something didn't look quite right. LOL! Thanks to an eagle eye on the BOG, it's where it should be now.

Good luck with that fine car and don't give up!

Welcome from another fish owner Symon nice car, and Cudachick is correct(isnt she always!!LOL) I have heard of guys using 2 bottom trim pieces or 2 top trim pieces when they cant find both correct pieces.
Oh by the way your avatar looks like yer takin' a dump!!

-
Back