1968 Barracuda Notch - Plano, TX

-
I think I figured out how to get the fan mounted. ... now I need to trim the brackets, paint the radiator and brackets black, fix the damage on the shroud.

Attachments

• DSC06850.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,096
The fan mounting tabs are suppose to go behind the fan.

Attachments

• DSC06850.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,039
Assembling the wing window assemblies... the little pin that limits how far the wing window pivots had fallen out on both sides. I measured a few extras I had laying around. Same diameter as a 6D nail. cut... grind.. metal epoxy... new side and rear glass is 15% solar grey.

Saturday cleaned out the garage, this Sunday morning rolled the car out and washed it.

Attachments

• DSC06905.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • DSC06895.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,056
  • DSC06882.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,036
  • DSC06899.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,007
Plastic glass rivet was a challenge. The rivet is molded as one piece, the plug and the insert. You have to break the insert off the plug, then install it from the glass side. The OD of the insert is considerably larger than the hole, so the interference once you push it in should hold it pretty tight. The attached picture shows the two pieces as sold, molded as one piece next to the old one that I took out.

Pushed in from this side. No way you can push it in from the other side... which is effectively what I was trying to do yesterday. The interference is significant, I had to use the big channel locks to push this in.

Posted a question on Moparts and someone named "minivan" helped me figure it out.

Attachments

• DSC06923.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • DSC06919.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,011
  • DSC06921.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,002
Glass is in on passenger side.

Attachments

• DSC06941.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • DSC06931.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,020
Work has been exceptionally demanding of late. This weekend is the only time I have had off since May 3rd. Today is the first time I have had anything done on the car since. It does not help that my wife is also working odd hours. She worked a half day on Saturday and today.

Finished all the weather stripping, window felts, gaskets, etcetera for the passenger side door and window. Had to re-adjust the windows a little to fit correctly with the gaskets. Looks like I will have to adjust the striker to get the door to sit flush now. Closes solid. I did not use any glue or sealer on the roof rail weather-strip, originally it appears that the factory did use something in there.

I also mocked up the door top edge trim to see what it would look like. With the addition of the drip rail trim I think I will like this better than without. I will wait until I do the drivers side and the drip rails then mock it up again before I make a final decision. Meanwhile, a few pictures. One with the trim, one without.

Attachments

• DSC06974.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 920
  • DSC06985.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 927
  • DSC06994.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 894
Looks good. Nice to see you had some time to work on it. I like it with the trim better that without it. It sets it off just a bit.

What radiator and fan are you using? I'm getting close to orderingone for my '67 383 Barracuda. Is it a 26" wide B body unit? Thanks. Your car is looking great!

Coming along fantastically! Life does get in the way of progress sometimes. Keep the faith and keep progressing when you can. I started my project in the 80's and despite the many twists and turns in my life, my car is coming along slowly but surely. I can't wait to drive it!

Say, where did you find NEW(?) glass for your 'Cuda? Was also wondering what brand of window / door weatherstrips you went with and how you like the fit and seal?

What radiator and fan are you using? I'm getting close to orderingone for my '67 383 Barracuda. Is it a 26" wide B body unit? Thanks.

It is a BeCool radiator. I bought it in 2005. There were not a lot of options then, and this required modifications to the frame to make it fit. The fan is "203" Mercedes fan and I have the controller for it developed by Dave Brown (goes by hooziewhatsit) on Moparts. I have not run the fan yet.

Your car is looking great!

Thanks!

Say, where did you find NEW(?) glass for your 'Cuda? Was also wondering what brand of window / door weatherstrips you went with and how you like the fit and seal?

Glass is all new from Sanders Reproduction Glass. http://www.sandersreproglass.com/
Front window, rear, and all side glass. They have computer patterns for just about any car made. Front I opted for the Solex green tint w/ the blue shade, the remainder is their "Solar Grey" which is about a 15% grey I believe.

For my car they list all 8 pieces. For a '69 FB they do not show the windshield (which I know is the same) and they do not list the wing window glass. I would be surprised if the wing window glass is different '68 to '69, and if it is I would think it is would be minor. If you want to go that route hit me off list and I can send you a detailed picture of the wing glass and you can see if you notice any true difference. You can call them to verify the side glass and the rear window. I spoke to them at a show here several years back and their listings were accurate, they did show that there is a difference between '67 vs '68-'69 Notchback rear glass which many people are not aware of and the '67 vs '68-'69 side window glass and etcetera.

Door weatherstrip: "Top Cat" for the window felts. I think I ordered all from Dixie. Appears to all fit good, I still need to make an adjustment to the channel seal position and I have not driven the car. My impression of Dixie is that they sell a limited selection, but they sell only good quality stuff. http:/www.dixierestorationparts.com

Oh that's fantastic. I know better, but I ruined my glass in the latter years of my cutting / grinding inside the car. I got lazy as to covering the glass and ruined it. Had given up on finding NEW. Thanks so much for the references. I'll be in touch about the window differences. Hard to believe they'd be different.
Thanks again, very much...

Beautiful work, Mosley . Always love a deep green metallic, with polished stainless trim. Classy & badass.

Did not work on the car much in May and none in June. My dog has been sick for the past few months. Last week he had a surgery, seemed better, but by yesterday the combination of it all was just too much for him and he was too weak. Bottom line is I lost my buddy and have no extra money for a while. I will polish out all the stainless, install some of the wiring, get some other small stuff done in the meantime. I'll have to wait until the end of the year before I can do the last few big things that need to be done (like exhaust).

My dog Ranger, from his better days:

Attachments

• 100_0991s.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 801
  • DSC02945s.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 827
  • DSC06210s.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 790
Sorry to hear of your loss. Their definitely one of the family. I lost mine after 14 years. I think I cried for three days after. RIP Ranger. RIP Sheena

Fit up the ashtray and the console door. The console door still needs some work. I need to take it back apart to repaint the console anyway. Just wanted to see how it all fit together with the six speed shifter. I had the console brackets relocated a few inches to get everything to line up like I wanted. The shifter handle I chose looks vintage and I found a cue ball shift knob for it. At first look no one would know it was a six speed if I did not tell.

Attachments

• DSC07046.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 764
Michael, sorry for your loss and it looks like you will be able to visit me before I can visit you. I do have cold beer.
Andrew

Michael,

I was looking a the master cylinder you are using in post #376. Just wandered what that is and where would I get one?

Thanks,

Roger

-
Back