1968 dart Pro street/ half pro touring build

-
Yesterday I got the seats out from the shed and mocked them up in the car.

After removing millions of little clips from the seat frame I finally got the seat foam and padding removed from the frame. After mocking them up in the rear, It looks like there will be minimal if any cutting to do for the wheel tubs. :prayer:

I also got in my stocker star shocks from QA1. This they said would substitute and work the same as the caltrac 90/10s but they look AWESOME!!!

Amazing looking pieces... I got those in and right now all I am waiting for on the front suspension is the lower shock bolts and the nuts to hole the strut rods onto the lower control arms.

enjoy some pictures..

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 324
  • gjhgfj.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 290
  • hfjhdfj.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 303
  • gfkk.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 316
  • trjtrutu.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 301
  • hgjgj.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 283
  • unnamedgj.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 293
  • kglg.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 301
  • uoo.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 295
  • kygk.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 311
more

Attachments

• jggj.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 294
  • jykjky.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 302
  • gjgk.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 296
  • gjfgk.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 289
  • fhjhj.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 293
Got home today and it was POURING out.. I mean it was coming down bad..

I've been waiting for my wilwood master cylinder and prop. valve for a couple weeks now... Well sure enough I get home and its outside in the rain.. soaked.. I get it inside to take it out of the box and the box just about fell apart..

After drying everything off and getting everything ready I went right to bolting it onto the car. I used a billet master cylinder adapter I got from a member on here and then bolted the whole thing together... AMAZING looking... :burnout: :prayer: :D

I love it!! Take a look for yourself.... Now I am just saving up so I can get my New custom Fiberglass dash from Jerry Bickel Race Cars

Attachments

• ryrywr.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 300
  • gerhrehyh.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 286
  • tweyewy.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 299
  • twerytwy.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 287
  • ryyey.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 295
  • unnameddsh.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 303
  • unnamed.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 286
Just for Reference here's a couple pictures of the back seat frame installed with my wheel tubs. The first shows where it was going to have to be clearance, The other 3 are after modification and installed. Everything is looking good, keep up the outstanding work.

Attachments

• duster%20010.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 298
  • duster%20020.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 293
  • duster%20018.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 298
  • duster%20017.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 294
Those front rotors look really thin. I usually only see the thin ones like that on the rear of a car with double thick (with a vented middle) on the front. Any reason you went with a thin rotor on the front?

Wow!Looks great! Looks like you have gotten a lot of work done so far!

Those front rotors look really thin. I usually only see the thin ones like that on the rear of a car with double thick (with a vented middle) on the front. Any reason you went with a thin rotor on the front?

Its meant to be a drag rotor... the thickness is about 8.8mm

Finally got the 440 home from the shop and I am ready to strip it.. I will be selling everything but the bare bare block as I am building a stroker and will not be needing any of that.

Attachments

• unnamedhj.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 260
  • kjll.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 272
  • jkyk.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 245
  • jghkkl.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 242
Started stripping it today.. getting there.. after it is all stripped to the bare block it will go to the machine shop to be magged and cleaned and then it will be returned to mock up

Attachments

• h8u89y79.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 254
  • iu9jou.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 237
  • unnamedjijojo.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 258
Got news from the machine shop that one cylinder had a little pitting after going .30 over.. I had two options.. Go .40 over or .30 with a sleeve in one cylinder.. I don't want to take the risk of a sleeve so I had them go .40 over on all cylinders... after that they will get it back to me and I can continue on with this build.

-
Back