1968 dart Pro street/ half pro touring build

-
Went to the body shop a couple days ago and they didn't touch it yet.. And they said it would probably be 2 weeks before they touched it... Well I got a big surprise today

Attachments

• image-78016628.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 471
  • image-3624172931.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 473
  • image-1129929091.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 459
  • image-100857853.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 467
They put on both quarters, they are in the middle of straightening out and they also put the new rear tail light piece in where it got hit

Attachments

• image-202991680.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 466
When I was over there a couple days ago I gave then the go ahead to do the whole car and get it primed and finished.. They have started the engine bay and smoothed out my cowl vents

Attachments

• image-1373751192.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 437
  • image-2975757303.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 452
Nice to see such progress...I was beginning to lose all hope in body shops after the countless build that have sat for several months or even years ....mine included. looking good, keep the pictures coming.

Oh yes.. I wish we could do our own but...

I was told by a few people I should have tried it and after the two years it was gone Maybe they were right....I think I could have figured it out after all that time. Keep us posted.

Gave the body shop the go ahead to finish the car ASAP so I can get it back and get it rolling.. My laptop crashed so I just had to spend $1,000 of my car fund on a new desktop..
:wack:

Got the call that the dart is done and in the paint booth... We will be going to take a look Wednesday and should be picking it up soon after.

I will be buying this Vintage air Gen II Heater/Defroster to eliminate the hole in the firewall for the old bulky blower motor/ heater box :cheers:

View attachment 1714720872

This is a Add on faceplate that I am getting for it as I don't like the cheap plastic unit controls they provide:wack:

View attachment 1714720873

I was sitting here thinking about how much of a pain it was going to be to redo the heating on my Sport pretty much from scratch. I never considered an aftermarket heater until you posted this, so thanks for that. It's only a bit more than the rebuild kit and new heater core I was going to buy as well. I agree on the face plate as well, stock one looks like it came straight out of something from 1991.

I was sitting here thinking about how much of a pain it was going to be to redo the heating on my Sport pretty much from scratch. I never considered an aftermarket heater until you posted this, so thanks for that. It's only a bit more than the rebuild kit and new heater core I was going to buy as well. I agree on the face plate as well, stock one looks like it came straight out of something from 1991.

Yep... and the whole unit is smaller... and yes the new faceplate is a requirement IMO

Went and checked it out today! Looks all done and ready to come home. Very straight and smooth.

Attachments

• image-150234782.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 242
-
Back