1968 dart Pro street/ half pro touring build

-
Looks real nice...got to get those wheel tubs in.....get the flat top ones, they look more "factory-ish".

Attachments

• DSC_0098%20(2).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 350
Got it all home safe and sound!! :burnout:

Attachments

• v,b..jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 309
  • mh,gh.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 342
  • gkfgk.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 302
  • ghll.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 310
  • ghl,jl.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 294
  • ghkk.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 316
  • gfjgkj.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 300
  • gckhgl.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 299
  • b,vb,..jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 348
  • bn,jj.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 336
Took a night and got a bunch of the front suspension together!! :burnout:

Started with the K frame.. The only thing with that is the bolts that came with it did not come with washers so I needed to search for some that would work temporarily.

The rest went in all trouble free except the washers for the strut rods that are supposed to sit in the k frame outlet were to big for the hole so I needed to grind the washers to fit.

Overall everything fit very nicely.

I did find out I needed to order a few more things though like a Bolt kit for the Lower Ball Joints.

Lower ball joints themselves and torsion bar boots and clips also I started putting together on side of the brakes but soon found out that I needed a 3/4 inch nut and washer to hold the hub on the spindle .. So a few small roadblocks but the quality on these parts are nothing short of amazing :prayer:

Attachments

• unnamedktyoty.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 242
  • unnamedjytk.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 267
  • unnamedjr.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 257
  • unnamedj.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 256
  • ktyto.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 274
  • jllly.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 250
  • hgkghk.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 252
I also just spent a lot of time and money buying more parts including the missing parts I found out I needed.

I also bought a Polished Willwood 1" bore master cylinder and hardware with prop. valve and also a willwood swing forward mount brake pedal to go along with the master cylinder... Wanted to stay away from the stock stuff.

.. Got out there a little today and started putting on the drivers side suspension together.. I've been waiting on some 3/4 spindle nuts and washers to hold the hub on, Got them the other day and got to work today. I mounted the spindle to the ball joint and the upper control arm earlier and hit a roadblock when I went to put the caliper bracket on.. It went on the spindle fine but I spent over a hour trying to get the spacing right on the caliper and everything just to find out I had the mount backwards... I pretty much packed up for the day right there and mocked it all up for pictures.

I ran out back and got a 68 fender I have just to see it on the car ... :burnout: Can't wait ..

I am going to head out a little later tonight and probably work through the night getting both brake setups and all the tie rod ends and steering linkage setup... I will update soon..

WISH ME LUCK!! :blob: :D

Attachments

• dj.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 195
  • hfk.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 184
  • gjgj.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 203
  • gfjyjk.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 183
  • unnamedttj.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 184
  • unnamed.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 204
Just came back in (2:00am) from the garage and I am happy with what I got done!

I thought before that I had the caliper mount brackets on backward but after putting them on the side witch I thought was the right side that really confirmed that I was right the first time.

So I switched the bracket back around and it was still giving me the same problem as before because one bolt would go in fine but the other wouldn't... Like it couldn't reach the hole.. almost like the bracket is to short.

I ended up having to hone out one of the caliper mounting holes on the caliper with a file so that the bolt would reach and finally after messing with that I finally got it in. Doing it yourself I would recommend using a lug nut or two on the studs to hold the rotor on while you are putting on the caliper, otherwise it is a pain unless you have someone there to lend a hand. The only thing not tight on the drivers side is the lower ball joint bolts that go to the spindle just because I didn't want to wake my mom up with the impact.

I only have one complaint on the spindles and that is ,is that the bolt holes for the caliper mounting bracket have some powder coat in them from the power coating of the spindle so I spent like 10 minutes on each spindle cleaning some of the power coat of to allow me to run a bolt through.

I was all confused when going to put the hub together with the grease seal and bearings. I ended up having to call my dad and keep sending him pictures until we figured it out that I put the studs in backward so that Is why nothing would fit right... (hey, it was late okay!)

Once I got through that, that side went together flawlessly and I didn't even need to end up filing another hole.. To close it all off I Put one side of both of the PST tie rod ends and sleeves assembly together so they are just sitting there.

All that is left to do to the frontend is to put the pitman arm on, center link, tighten everything down and then on to the bigger stuff like wheels and tires and even a steering box and steering column. :burnout:

-Cole Quintin

Attachments

• tyolo.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 199
  • uykuyl.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 190
  • trutri.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 184
  • hk.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 207
  • unnamedgklu.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 209
  • unnamed.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 177
Got some more done today..

I got the PST inner and outer tie rod ends on and the nice heavy duty adjusting sleeve.
I went with 11/16 Tie Rod Ends as a upgrade to the regular I think (9/16) ends. Good upgrade to make. I also got the center link on and everything all hooked up and ready to go.

I set on one of our drag tires on the car (28 inch) just to see it on there.. I will probably be going with 26". I also found a grille laying around so I had to set it on there just to see it.. :burnout: getting closer by the minute

Attachments

• unnamedfdj.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 180
  • kll.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 184
  • unnamedyupip.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 166
  • kkugo.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 176
  • outo.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 181
-