-
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_depetro

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I was finally able to make a deal and purchase this 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 9-passenger wagon that has sat behind the Dairy Queen in Marinette, WI since 1986.
It's a basic 318 powered 9 passenger station wagon with power drum brakes and an 8-3/4" rear axle.
I purchased it for the 15" steel 'H' wheels that it happen to have on it.
I am just going to swap the wheels and everything else will be parted out.
Anything that doesn't sell fairly quickly will just go with the car to the metal recycler.
The body of the car is completely junk (see photos below).
Hood id there and descent, but has slight bend on passenger rear corner.
Fenders have rust on the tops.
Grille lower filler panel has a big bend in it.
Front bumper is rusted through.
Rear marker lights are there.
Tail lights are there, chrome is pitted, left lens is broken.
Tailgate is there and complete, but rough. Good for parts?
All glass in nice.
All chrome/trim seems nice.
Roof rack is nice.
Extra grille is descent.
Extra set of doors are descent.
Dash is nice.
I have not looked at the rear seat(s).

project1sn.jpg

project2h.jpg

project3e.jpg

project4a.jpg

p1020846x.jpg

project7p.jpg

project6.jpg

Some photos of showing how crusty the actual car really is:

Driver side rear section:

p1020866d.jpg

Drive side rear frame rail / shackle mount:

p1020868h.jpg

Passenger side rear section:

p1020870xi.jpg

Passenger rear seat floor pan:

p1020871f.jpg

Driver side torsion bar mount, front, and rear floor pans:

p1020881eq.jpg

Passenger side front floor pan:

p1020875f.jpg

Passenger side foot well area (Yes that is the front tire):

p1020876e.jpg

im interested in the rear seat to convert my six passenger to a 9. condition? also interested in interior panels if you could get some interior panels if you could get some more pictures please?

is the spare tire cover still there? if so im interested in that too

I'll see what's there & good, then get back to you.

Someone else already asked about the rear seat in a PM on Moparts. Was that you?

No it wasn't me, I'm not on moparts.
Also interested in rear window motor too if it's good.

Hey Dan, Just thought I would give you a heads up on some of the stuff you should save, either for yourself, or sell to another member:

If the the car came with trailer package the 8 3/4 rearend should have 11" x3 brakes on it and it( depends when it was built) should have a 742 case rear, but could have a 489 case too. It may be a suregrip also? The transmission in it should be 727 torqueflite, driveshaft,radiator, you know the drill..... just save anything that might be salvageable! Hope this helps.

Anyway, what number's are on the radiator?? How are the radiator side bracket's?? Thank's

im interested in the rear seat to convert my six passenger to a 9. condition?
The rear seat looks to be in great shape. As I mentioned someone else said they were interested in it before you. I'll give them a few days to reply, otherwise I'm sure we can work something out to make it yours.

also interested in interior panels if you could get some interior panels if you could get some more pictures please?
What would you like photos of?

is the spare tire cover still there? if so im interested in that too
Yes it is here and in great shape too.

Also interested in rear window motor too if it's good.
I'll have to check this out.

If the the car came with trailer package the 8 3/4 rearend should have 11" x 3 brakes on it and it
I'll be sure to check!

(depends when it was built) should have a 742 case rear, but could have a 489 case too. It may be a suregrip also?
I was hopeful, but it has a 741 center housing, I did not unstrap the car and jack it up to check for a sure-grip yet.
The fender tag says 2.76:1 gears, so probably nothing exciting here.

what number's are on the radiator?? How are the radiator side bracket's??
2898 038

Thanks!
I would like a photo of the spare tire cover and door panels.
I also need that plastic parts of the tailgate for the latch. Looks like it's in good shape frome the photo with the spare tire.

My wife left town today and took my camera. I will use my sons camera and go snap some photos real quick....give me some time to learn what the heck I am doing with it though.

*** Apparently my son "lost" his digital camera. So I guess I'll have to borrow my parents which means I probably will not get photos until tomorrow.

As far as I know you can on the 1968 cars, at least what was originally installed.
I have checked 2 other 1968 cars that I have owned recently (1968 Plymouth GTX 440 HP, 4-speed, 3.54:1 Dana 60 & 1968 Dodge Coronet coupe: slant six, manual shift on the column, 3.21:1 small rear axle) and so far the 1968 fender tag decoder has been accurate with what axle & raito those cars came with.

the 15" "H"-stamped wheels are the H.D./ Police / Taxi wheels that were available only -- as far as I know -- on the C-bodies ; they were also on the '69 1/2 "M" code ( 440 Six Pack / 6Bbl ) cars .

too bad it's such a pile :sad7: .

there's a 1970 Coronet wagon just sitting in a yard in Lake Elsinore ...

About as nice as you'll likely find in a parts car. No holes, rips tears, loose stitching, or .... The seat is comfortable and the cover is still soft and pliable, likely due to being stored in the folded down position. Some soap and water should easily clean the line of rust off it.
Back seat:

22815905.jpg

The radio is in very nice shape. Crystal clear lens, no fading on the orange selector needle or face. All wires/clips are there and nice.
Radio:

project10.jpg

The gate handle bezel is broken on both sides, however if one sands the jagged edges nice round/smooth it'll look very nice and appear factory.
Gate handle/bezel:

project11.jpg

The headliner is decent. It is a bit saggy in the center of each section. Most of the plastic bow covers have ships missing out of them.
Headliner:

69495216.jpg

The spare tire cover is in great shape. The are no dings/scrapes/indentations. All the nubs are present. Some soap and water and it'll clean up very nice.
Spare tire cover:

73795494.jpg

Spare tire cover (2):

32170865.jpg

Wow the seat looks great!
Let me know...
I'll look at my spare tirecover and see if it's looks the same. Mines a Plymouth and 69 but I think it's the same.

Daniel, long time no chat!! You know Im and a body guy but my brother has a 68 Coronet r/t. We just started tearing into it and found the right shock plate stud is broken. His car is an 8 3/4 car. Any chance that the plate on that wagon is useable and can you get it off in one piece (that is if you would sell it to me??) Thanks!
Chas.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,434
  • 018.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,458
  • 020.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,448
Sedanman, like my A-100 van these went to the crusher a long time ago. Sorry.

Chaz...not sure how I missed your post before this. My apologies. His R/T is gorgeous!!!
the shock plates are good....How's is $50.00?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back