1968 Dodge Dart GT Front Grill -> 1967 Dodge Dart GT

-

Jan

Reaction score
Hi,

is it possible to put die 1968 Dodge Dart front grill on my 1967 dodge dart? without great expense? or is there a lot to do?
what is about the 68 taillights? can i easy change them?

greetings

Jan

Well, I have a 67 Dart with 73 up doors on it. When I first got it home I noticed it also had 73 up fenders with a 68 grille..........Im sure your good to go at min.expense. Headlight buckets I hear are different but im not certain. Why the change?

Well, I have a 67 Dart with 73 up doors on it. When I first got it home I noticed it also had 73 up fenders with a 68 grille..........Im sure your good to go at min.expense. Headlight buckets I hear are different but im not certain. Why the change?

i like the 68 front more than the 67 front :D but the interior of the 67 Dart is much better than the 68 for me. so i´m considering to change it.

the 68 tailight buckets will fit the 67 body if you work the area into a 68, otherwise no.

on the grill it should work given that its not a 69 (69 they moved the headlights all over to prep for the 70 model year grills)

the 68 tailight buckets will fit the 67 body if you work the area into a 68, otherwise no.

what do you mean with "if you work the area into a 68" ? is there bodywork needed?

on the grill it should work given that its not a 69 (69 they moved the headlights all over to prep for the 70 model year grills)

the grill is so then no problem.

what do you mean with "if you work the area into a 68" ? is there bodywork needed?

meaning your going to make the bucket about 3/4" deeper as i recall, and correct the mounting holes. its not hard you just have to do it.

the grill is so then no problem.

never tried it so i dont know for sure... always use glass fenders so :dontknow:

It was my understanding the 67-69 grills and taillights were insterchangable. Which would make sense as the 1/4's are the same as are the fenders. (with exception to the marker lights which don't matter in this case)

It was my understanding the 67-69 grills and taillights were insterchangable. Which would make sense as the 1/4's are the same as are the fenders. (with exception to the marker lights which don't matter in this case)

jo thats true! they are the same

it would make sense except they are not... 67's have about a dozen things that are different from a 68, and from 68 to 69 there is about a half dozen.

I promise you the tail lights from a 68 will not fit a 67 without some work. its not a big deal but it just takes time. The sheetmetal could not be more different in the bucket.

as i stated earlier in 69 they moved the head light around to prepare for the 70 model year, its something like 1.5" to one side and either sticking out more or shallower (< think its this one).

as i recall ive done one 67 to 68 conversions and cant remember which one it is lol

Attachments

• norms dart 003 (3).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 787
  • DSCN1441.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 861
  • wheelsup.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 692
  • DSCN1371.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,207
it would make sense except they are not... 67's have about a dozen things that are different from a 68, and from 68 to 69 there is about a half dozen.

I promise you the tail lights from a 68 will not fit a 67 without some work. its not a big deal but it just takes time. The sheetmetal could not be more different in the bucket.

as i stated earlier in 69 they moved the head light around to prepare for the 70 model year, its something like 1.5" to one side and either sticking out more or shallower (< think its this one).

as i recall ive done one 67 to 68 conversions and cant remember which one it is lol

Thats cool :D
You changed the grill too?

I bought 67 fenders and 1/4's, put them on my 69 and dropped the 69 lights in them. That led me to believe the stuff was interchangeable.

Thats cool :D
You changed the grill too?

of course!

I bought 67 fenders and 1/4's, put them on my 69 and dropped the 69 lights in them. That led me to believe the stuff was interchangeable.

let me rephrase, the 1/4 panel its self, the outer skin are the same between the three, its just the internal bucket, where the light housing mounts is different.

as far as the fender i cant explain that...

I am a little bit confused :compress:

of course!

let me rephrase, the 1/4 panel its self, the outer skin are the same between the three, its just the internal bucket, where the light housing mounts is different.

as far as the fender i cant explain that...

I thought about it last night. I used my 69 headlight buckets on the 67 fender.

Jan; I own 2 68 Darts and resto the 68 Dart Grilles on Ebay. The 68 Grille will fit exactly into your 67, but the taillights will not. You cannot rework the rear quarters to fit the 68 taillights, unless you swap in 68 quarterpanels.
67 fenders & hood are also interchangeable.
PER 69 DART: Nothing exterior, except the doors will fit.

You cannot rework the rear quarters to fit the 68 taillights, unless you swap in 68 quarterpanels.

This is incorrect. My 67 has 68 tail lights and it still has the original quarters. The bucket has been reworked a little by the previous owner, but they are in there and not rigged up in any way. In fact, most people just think it's a 68 unless they check the VIN.

IMG_6699.jpg

This is incorrect. My 67 has 68 tail lights and it still has the original quarters. The bucket has been reworked a little by the previous owner, but they are in there and not rigged up in any way. In fact, most people just think it's a 68 unless they check the VIN.

IMG_6699.jpg

nice dart :glasses7: i want this look too :D do you have a front pic?

I have a 69 grille in my 67, not that it fits particularly well, but it's there. Bought it that way, so I'm not sure what all changed with it. I know they put 69 rear quarter skins on the car, don't remember if they did the front or not, but I still have the 67 tail lights anyway. Thought about converting over to the newer ones to get reverse lights since they also replaced the bumper with a later one (67 had lights in bumper). Pretty sure my car came from a junkyard where they just grabbed anything that said Dodge or Plymouth on it and threw it on the car, so it's an adventure any time I go to replace something.

nice dart :glasses7: i want this look too :D do you have a front pic?

Thanks guys, it's really a twenty footer. Body is not very straight on it.

IMG_6703.jpg

Map I'll trade you my 67 bumper for your 68-69 bumper. We could swap out harnesses for the tail lights also. Let me know.

Oh, heck, you're in KC. I might be up for that one. Still actually have the stock wiring in the car and for the time being I've just put some little LED bars under the bumper with double sided tape as reverse lights. They work okay, but I don't think they're probably bright enough in the daytime to adequately inform others I'm backing up.

-
Back