1968 Dodge Dart

-
The standard height spindles have the look of the period.

Remember, you can adjust (once the shock is installed) up /down an easy 1/2" and still be in the range of the shocks optimum use. Are you in the tallest (13-7/8 eye to eye) setting?

Still dicking around with stance.

68D6A48D-AC94-42CC-9326-B01C859150AE.jpeg

909DAAD9-64B4-4888-99F7-6884ABEF7D1B.jpeg

Bro John says you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fuel injected something or other in your shop.

No offense Scruffs.

In the pictures with the different spindles......do you have the ride height simulators in there and are both set in the longest setting ........in other words, both the same except spindles?

Last edited:
I just went through this whole thread HemiMark and I like this build your doing!

I like both stance options but with the stacks sticking out of the hood I like the lowered front better...as long as you can turn without hitting the fender lip.

Bro John says you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a fuel injected something or other in your shop.

No offense Scruffs.

In the pictures with the different spindles......do you have the ride height simulators in there and are both set in the longest setting ........in other words, both the same except spindles?

Yes, both are set at the same height and only the spindles are changed. I will come down 1/2 inch in front adjusting the spring on the coil over.

I like both stance options but with the stacks sticking out of the hood I like the lowered front better...as long as you can turn without hitting the fender lip.
I agree but the tire hit when set that low. I will lower the front by another 1/2 inch in the pic that shows it higher.

I agree but the tire hit when set that low. I will lower the front by another 1/2 inch in the pic that shows it higher.
I know how to solve that tire hitting problem...you supply the adult beverage and I'll bring the cut off wheel.

it looks like it slightly over-centers when you pull it out......need to reclock the switch counterclockwise a notch or two. looks like you have plenty of adjustment on the rod

it looks like it slightly over-centers when you pull it out......need to reclock the switch counterclockwise a notch or two. looks like you have plenty of adjustment on the rod

That makes perfect sense. I'm on it.

Thanks, slow and steady wins the race!! more slow than anything else!!

Love your car HemiMark !! I profess to knowing nothing about stacks so educate me.. What do you use for air filters??

-
Back