1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S Restoration

-
Nice, A01 and N85 tach. What was mounted below the radio?
The heater/air conditioning/fan module
IMG_6237_1280x719.JPG

I meant on the studs below the dash frame under the radio area. CB or 8 track maybe?

My 68 notch looked like that setup but seem to remember it was directley attached to the dash frame.

These are what I am curious about.

A494A909-C69E-47D4-B34C-714B0EA23142.jpeg

AC/Heater assembly is out. I will be getting the whole assembly restored - probably by Mr Heaterbox who I've used before. Welcome - Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services
Before doing that I'm going to pull the evaporator out and send it to Original Air Group to have it restored (Mr Heaterbox does not restore evaporators.)
I'm also going to send the heater core to Glen-Ray Radiators to have it recored and restored Glen-ray Radiators - All New Licensed Mopar Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Radiators I havent used them before, but their quality appears to be excellent based on others who have used them.

IMG_6254_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6255_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6260_1280x719.JPG

Theres a gentleman by the name of Dennis who does rads etc. Old school and good. He is around the Trenton area. I dropped my 340 rad off to him. He used to work for Glenn Ray way back.
Nice guy, shot the ** with him for a while.
Keep up the good work!

Theres a gentleman by the name of Dennis who does rads etc. Old school and good. He is around the Trenton area. I dropped my 340 rad off to him. He used to work for Glenn Ray way back.
Nice guy, shot the ** with him for a while.
Keep up the good work!

Hey Steve, are you sure his name isn't Don?

If we're talking about the same guy he used to have a shop called EDJ Radiator in Aurora and has now retired and works out of his home shop in Frankfort north of Trenton.

He did my rad back in 2000 and in this past December he installed a high effieciency core in factory rads similar to what Glen Ray does on his re-cores.

Last edited:
Ya , Its a real ***** to get back in as well!! When I took mine out, I cleaned , wire wheeled , and completely relubed every part and piece, replaced the rollers and ensured the tension springs were ok. You probably know this but just in case, make sure all the tracks and surfaces the rollers travel over are free from burrs and casting flash. Im sure that's why mine were worn out as they were really bad. Guess they didn't think these parts would be around 50 years later LOL ! Also, I put everything back together before I painted the car as all this mechanism is hidden and you will most likely end up scratching the car trying to put this misery back in place after the car is painted. Good luck with it.
I plan on redoing that mess when i have the quarter skins off for replacement. Looks like a ***** to remove and reinstall.

AC/Heater assembly is out. I will be getting the whole assembly restored - probably by Mr Heaterbox who I've used before. Welcome - Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services
Before doing that I'm going to pull the evaporator out and send it to Original Air Group to have it restored (Mr Heaterbox does not restore evaporators.)
I'm also going to send the heater core to Glen-Ray Radiators to have it recored and restored Glen-ray Radiators - All New Licensed Mopar Chrysler Dodge Plymouth Radiators I havent used them before, but their quality appears to be excellent based on others who have used them.

View attachment 1715296748 View attachment 1715296749 View attachment 1715296750

Big shout out for Mr. Heaterbox as well! Top notch work, good pricing and... as a bonus for me, they are here in Canada!!

The driver's floor will need to be replaced as well. Will need the left AMD floor section as well as the right.

IMG_6338_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6339_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6341_1280x719.JPG

Last edited:
Easier and about the same amount of money spent in the long run to swap the whole pan. And a much better end result with no non stock seams along the sides of the tunnel from multiple pieces. I swapped a whole pan in my car, bought whole pan for my sons car from AMD. Take door off, roll quarter window all the way down. It fits right in thru the opening.

Last edited:
Mouse eaten headliner out. For reference, the headliner bow colors front to back are:
Orange
Green
Blue
Red/pink
Purple

IMG_6369_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6367_1280x719.JPG

When the passenger door was smashed in by the revenge-seeking wife, it bent the inner part of the B pillar inwards (yellow arrows in photo) and this opened up the gap along the quarter window and then the fuzzy weatherstrip seals did not touch the window. A local car club body man suggested carefully working the structure back into alignment using hardwood blocks and C clamps. It worked really well!! Everything back to where it should be!!

IMG_6374_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6384_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6375_1280x719.JPG
IMG_6376_1280x719.JPG

-
Back