1969 Dart Street/Strip (Re)Build

-
Had to take my transmission back and get it wired for one wire lockup function. It's back now and test fit the converter. Several people said I would have to clearance the bell housing but I see no issues with mine. Little sucker looks tough!

803B0A61-A536-455E-B66C-DAACF17CC399.jpg

2571DA59-5120-4186-B49E-4278D5927A6E.jpg

ED1BFBA3-84F3-41CE-A7AC-6B69CF6BFF29.jpg

CB68BC0E-9628-47AC-8A4C-777AF1AFB224.jpg

Had to take my transmission back and get it wired for one wire lockup function. It's back now and test fit the converter. Several people said I would have to clearance the bell housing but I see no issues with mine. Little sucker looks tough!

View attachment 1715026013

View attachment 1715026014

View attachment 1715026015

View attachment 1715026016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
looks dam tough !!

Last week I got a call from my wife that our house flooded and I needed to come home from work. Well it wasn't the worst thing but it wasn't good. Flooded upstairs to downstairs and it was a category 3 damage so everything the water touched had to be removed. That meant every single piece of carpet in our house, some of the brand new flooring I put in last May, ceiling drywall in the basement, walls, all had to be ripped out. AC ducts were filled with water, the nursery was just completely redone too, it has turned into a bit of a nightmare. So everything has been put on hold until we get this house situation under control. It really sucks with the timing. Only 6 weeks away till my baby girl is born so everything is a time crunch now. I swear every time I want to get going on this trans swap, something gets in the way. So with the car somewhat torn apart, buckets were in, rest of the front of the interior was ripped out, no exhaust, I figured it was driveable still so I took it out for the first time since I drove it home from the body shop. They have a Cars and Coffee thing once a month that I had never been to. So rolled up open headers and it turned some heads! Dang that sucker is loud when I get on it. My ears were ringing by the time I got back home. But I met Taxmanth with his Blown BB Dart for the first time. Go check out his build thread if you haven't! That's a bad car! I have a little video I'll upload later too. Car definitely needs the stripe and I'll get that on later as well once we get the final buff done on the trunk lid.

4AC0B28F-8997-4CBB-B204-105284AFF9D6.jpg

1E22FB90-6C3A-4528-ADAF-A585108D45A9.jpg

42804EF4-E147-46CA-8F46-6A26D37C1CEC.jpg
B9C2E937-E243-47DA-906D-5EF9BD303910.jpg

And now I just found out our whole AC unit needs replaced. Unbelievable

It's only money you can always make more.

As long as everyone is healthy and it didn't reck the bacon in the fridge.

Not sure if you have any other kids but we stayed in a hotel for a couple days, a week before the due date. We were suppose to get a monster blizzard and we live 30 miles away from the hospital. Didn't even get a dusting of snow but the kids had a blast in the pool.

Prayers on the way that everything works out for you and your family.

Hang in there man. When it rains it pours. Life will always be there to smack us all back to reality when **** seems to be going too dam smooth. When it does, it totally blows.

Your car is one of my favorites on here man. Clean, well done, no corners cut. Silently been following your thread and I must have watched your engine run stand video 15 times as motivation to get mine completed.

I'll be honest, I'm anxious to see how you're going to manage to fit a car seat in the back with that cage in the way lol

Thanks guys I appreciate the sentiments. Things will work out I the end. Just not the greatest timing. It was overwhelming looking at all the work ahead after the demolition crew was done. But house will be nice when it's all over with. It needed the upgrades anyway lol.

Thanks guys I appreciate the sentiments. Things will work out I the end. Just not the greatest timing. It was overwhelming looking at all the work ahead after the demolition crew was done. But house will be nice when it's all over with. It needed the upgrades anyway lol.
Bro that blows!!!! On the plus side your good with your hands and have a massive tool box. Can't stop won't stop!

Who needs ac when you have wing windows and a right foot hahahaha.

Last week I got a call from my wife that our house flooded and I needed to come home from work. Well it wasn't the worst thing but it wasn't good. Flooded upstairs to downstairs and it was a category 3 damage so everything the water touched had to be removed. That meant every single piece of carpet in our house, some of the brand new flooring I put in last May, ceiling drywall in the basement, walls, all had to be ripped out. AC ducts were filled with water, the nursery was just completely redone too, it has turned into a bit of a nightmare. So everything has been put on hold until we get this house situation under control. It really sucks with the timing. Only 6 weeks away till my baby girl is born so everything is a time crunch now. I swear every time I want to get going on this trans swap, something gets in the way. So with the car somewhat torn apart, buckets were in, rest of the front of the interior was ripped out, no exhaust, I figured it was driveable still so I took it out for the first time since I drove it home from the body shop. They have a Cars and Coffee thing once a month that I had never been to. So rolled up open headers and it turned some heads! Dang that sucker is loud when I get on it. My ears were ringing by the time I got back home. But I met Taxmanth with his Blown BB Dart for the first time. Go check out his build thread if you haven't! That's a bad car! I have a little video I'll upload later too. Car definitely needs the stripe and I'll get that on later as well once we get the final buff done on the trunk lid.

View attachment 1715030836

View attachment 1715030837

View attachment 1715030838 View attachment 1715030839
Post that vid!

For some reason this comes to my mind....

Man John....you got the bitchenest car in the Valley, ........ain't nobody can beat you (the Toad to John Milner /American Graffiti )

Took the car back to the shop since I can't work on it anyway and got the stripe put on, front bumper replaced again, and the door hinges rebuilt on the driver's side since it was sagging and they were worn out, and had some touch ups done. Stripe helps balance the car out.

4F5C9C3C-D0D1-4E2F-A557-827675B9601D.jpg

C9E6B3B2-63C6-464F-8B3B-FC4EBEAD858E.jpg

44701340-3A17-496C-8DF4-A0A566C29FDE.jpg

SAYING THE OLD BODY GUY NEEDED A KICK IN THE FACE IS PUTTING IT MILDLY! HOW ABOUT ONE IN THE TEMPLE! Keep up the good work sir!

Stunning to say the least! Great work. Loved the car without the stripe too..coin toss lol.
Sorry bout the flood. Congrats on the baby.

Absolutely beautiful car! Congrats on your baby, my son is 9 months old today. Nothing better in the world!

I know ya'll like videos so here's another. Was going to do a longer burnout but unexpected traffic showed up right in the middle of it. Goodbye to my first set of rear tires.

Well the baby is here and she is just awesome. She's already a daddy's girl. Hadn't done anything with the car since she got here on the 5th so we got it out got a few shots of the baby on the Dart.

538C3D86-17A5-42C0-BC42-2AB4A6E28CEF.jpg

92BFFB93-8A66-40B3-B681-819155A15CB8.jpg

09B34400-7B51-41F6-B87B-E7E508ADDBA4.jpg

71637351-4811-4634-B965-59C3B7653B0C.jpg

373A0697-471B-479D-87D2-7989CFE47B2C.jpg

Sorry, but your beautiful daughter out shines the car. hands down! congrats on the new addition to your family.

-
Back