1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
Glad to see you didn't sell it Rob. I'm sure it feels good to be plugging away on it again. Sounds like you have the right plan to get it running and driving! Keep it up!

Thanks. I have a plan. It is a little overwhelming but one thing at a time.

Enjoyed reading your thread, thanks for taking the time to post it all, and I know all about being overwhelmed!!! But if you take one step at a time and plan your work an work your plan you will be cruising it no time!!!!!! At least you have solid body to start with. Here is a pict. of my 340 swinger, hope it gives you some more drive

Attachments

• IMG_1586.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_1578.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_1579.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_1589.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_1582.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 559
Enjoyed reading your thread, thanks for taking the time to post it all, and I know all about being overwhelmed!!! But if you take one step at a time and plan your work an work your plan you will be cruising it no time!!!!!! At least you have solid body to start with. Here is a pict. of my 340 swinger, hope it gives you some more drive

Ha. Thanks. That is a compliment that you spent the time to read my thread. Nice Swinger 4 speed. I did get lucky with a solid body.

Looks like you have a plan to be on the road again:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Now I need to get mine back on the road.

Concerning your exhaust manifolds, do you have any plans to improve the flow? I've heard some talk about guys extrude honing their exhaust manifolds. Just curious, I have a plan too but it changes from time to time. I do enjoy exploring ways of making sneaky power mods to the engine.

After you took the manifolds out of the EvapoRust, how do they look? I soaked a bunch of front end parts from my Swinger in it and they all came out great. A 36 hour soak was needed for some of the real nasty pieces (UCAs)

I love this thread and follow it with an obvious interest!

Good luck - George

Concerning your exhaust manifolds, do you have any plans to improve the flow? I've heard some talk about guys extrude honing their exhaust manifolds. Just curious, I have a plan too but it changes from time to time. I do enjoy exploring ways of making sneaky power mods to the engine.

After you took the manifolds out of the EvapoRust, how do they look? I soaked a bunch of front end parts from my Swinger in it and they all came out great. A 36 hour soak was needed for some of the real nasty pieces (UCAs)

I love this thread and follow it with an obvious interest!

Good luck - George

They came out great. I painted them with that zinc oxide color. I will get a pic. I am not boring them out or anything. Just stock. Thanks for the compliment and for following my thread. I didn't know if people were digging it or not.

Looks like you have a plan to be on the road again:headbang::headbang::headbang:
Now I need to get mine back on the road.

What happened to yours Ken? Every time I get back on this car I score another full time contract. At least this one is 5 miles from home and good money!

I bought new New Tail Light Lenses, New Door Rubber Seals, a correct 340 Exhaust manifold bolt kit with the spacers, new door handles and all my engine rebuild parts. Ready to go once all the parts come in.

Attachments

• 2015-07-30 17.19.10.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 491
Here are some pics of the manifolds after I evaporusted them and painted them with high temp Zinc Oxide paint. Also painted my pulleys.

Attachments

• 2015-07-31 07.27.24.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 452
  • 2015-07-31 07.28.08.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 440
  • 2015-07-31 07.28.24.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 454
  • 2015-07-31 07.28.52.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 450
What happened to yours Ken?

At the last GoodGuys show the wife was driving the Dart and I was driving the Challenger. When we were leaving she bunny hopped a speed bump (more like a mountain) anyway tore up the header bad enough that it wasn't sealing at the head. (Check my thread for Pics) Just spent all of this last weekend getting it back together with new headers, and a new plug set. She's all better now (the car) but is idling fast now. I think it is a vacuum leak as I took the carbs off and cleaned them and just ran out of time to dick with it......... it will be my project for next weekend.

I am reproducing these stickers for the GTS tail panel. I had a professional place do them that specializes in automotive old school stickers and decals. I will be selling them soon on here. It wasn't cheap b/c of the foil and chrome in the sticker but they will be near perfect replicas.

Attachments

• 2015-05-24 07.53.51.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 374
Going to the machine shop. Cam bearings need to be installed.

Attachments

• 2015-08-08 08.49.48.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 368
Cleaned my stock pistons. They look good and stock. Ha

Attachments

• 2015-08-15 09.56.01.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 2015-08-15 09.55.51.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 350
How do you take the old tail panel Dodge GTS stickers off without dinging up the panel?

I had my GTS stickers made. They look awesome. Embossed raised foil lettering. It only took 4 months to get done. I have a bunch of them for sale so if you want one let me know.

Attachments

• 2015-09-06 18.47.28.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 2015-09-06 18.47.19.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 2015-09-06 18.47.47.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 264
-
Back