1969 Mod Top Barracuda Hardtop on Hemmings Auctions

-

Hyper_pak

Old School Chrysler Fan
Reaction score
Seen this today, it ends Thursday and it's at 10,500.00. RNM

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/19...utm_campaign=Auction-FOTD-69-Plymouth-Mod-Top

upload_2020-11-2_9-34-6.png

Definitely a sign of the times. So the engine was rebuilt in '93 and I'm guessing that's when they resprayed the motor, fuel line, and fuel filter? 27 years and 15,000 miles, time to change that out maybe?

I dont know why I have always wanted a yellow 69 mod top notch. I want top delete build though. No guessing how many of those were ordered.
I think the luggage rack looks best on a vert when the top is down.

A little on the feminine side but I still love them. Im surprised they were not more popular in the 60's.

I installed so many ugly vinyl tops in those days...im almost ashamed!!!!

I installed so many ugly vinyl tops in those days...im almost ashamed!!!!
I had a spray on top on my 65 Dart. It was textured and looked like undercoating almost. No rust from underneath though! LOL

If it wasn't THIS car i saw its twin for sale in Bloomington/Normal IL in the Mid to late 2000's. MOD top was wild, i had no idea it was a worthwhile thing to have. they were asking $6900 at the time.

I ended up with a 67 notch, same color no modtop.

I started helping doing tops at a Chevy store in '68. Moved to Dodge City later and still did a couple.

I worked at the Plymouth dealer in Waukesha in '71/'72 and we cranked out several per month. Doing them old school...bulk vinyl, hand made seams glued and folded with a hot iron.

A guy named Nino Cuzmano was the expert. I was a smart *** kid that gave him a lot of crap but he put up with me and I learned to respect him and his work. He told me he worked for the Chicago Outfit in his younger years and was a soldier who collected gambling debts. With a name like that who's to argue?

A lot of things not correct on the car, but to each his own is suppose.

-
Back