1969 Plymouth Barracuda A57 ? cuda on Ebay !

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you hide behind a bid?Its pretty hard to know when you bid if the reserve is going to come off, don't you think? GEEZ

You bid the max your willing to pay and if the reserve is met then you have enough money hopefully to get the car, it is really a pretty easy concept.

There are a few clues that its not a real A57 car and that its most likely an A53. One being the Formula S holes in the fender, and two that in the ebay auction it states that it is suppose to have lower rocker mouldings, which an A57 would not have as its blacked out down there. Either way , theres no build sheet or fender tag, that devalues it tremendously. Its a neat car either way, but no build sheet, no fender tag, a bit of rust, and a bad economy, heck it might not even hit 10k.

did u buy just to flip it u probably took a car away from someone who really wanted it............

I know how you feel, I dont do that, and wont do that. Every car I buy is for myself, to drive to enjoy, to fix up. I could buy them and flip them all day long, I have the finances, but ill earn my money the hard way, and buy the cars im gonna keep. I bought a Dart GTS not long ago from a guy that flipped it, now I think back I would have never bought it.

I drive my A56, my A53, my GTS, and my 6 cyl coupe. There all survivor cars, there a blast to drive, makes me feel like in 20 again. One of the reasons im not into resto cars, got to be too careful.

did u buy just to flip it u probably took a car away from someone who really wanted it............

Ok if you must know, i did buy it to flip that is how i make a living, and your right someone else would have had it, there were about 13 other flippers in line behind me to get it.
I bought it to help a family out in need actually, they are about to lose a loved one and needed money for a funeral, i guess that really makes me a bad guy now ! They really wanted to restore it, thats why it was in storage the last 10 years..... getting eat up with rust..... I bought it off of Craigslist, usually people put stuff on there that they want to sell !!!! not keep.
You guys are really silly on here sometimes, come back to the real world.

There are a few clues that its not a real A57 car and that its most likely an A53. One being the Formula S holes in the fender, and two that in the ebay auction it states that it is suppose to have lower rocker mouldings, which an A57 would not have as its blacked out down there. Either way , theres no build sheet or fender tag, that devalues it tremendously. Its a neat car either way, but no build sheet, no fender tag, a bit of rust, and a bad economy, heck it might not even hit 10k.

There is part of the build sheet !!

What does it matter if he is flipping it. He bought it and now it is his property to do with as he pleases. Would the complainers do if he bought a car to flip and lost money. I flip late model cars all the time. Sometimes I hit a home run, sometimes I break even and sometimes I loose a pretty decent chunk of money. It is just part of the game.

I guess the complainers never buy a parts car or a group of parts and flip what they don't want to try to make a few bucks.

This is a note to the complainers. I sell parts I try to make some money but be fair on the price. Sometimes I may be priced what seems to be high but even then I may be loosing money and I have right here on FABO. I just flipped 60 7/16 left handed wheel studs here on FABO for $1.00 each. I made enough to cover the others I kept and a little more. Go to a parts house and try to buy them and you would find they are no longer available and haven't been for years and even if they were you couldn't buy them for a buck.

Leave the guy alone about flipping the car and wish him well after all it is none of your business anyway.

If you want to buy his car then put up the money and buy it.

Y'know, I have no problem with entrpeneurs looking for a way to make a $. As a business owner, I rely on the fact that I can sell something for more than I paid for it.

However, as a successful business owner, I know it is important to properly thank those that help me in my endeavours. I am presuming that the likelihood of you remaining on this site after the car is sold is probably nil. My reasoning is that every post, in all three threads has been in the quest to document your find. And, again, I am OK with that.

However, this forum is what has allowed you to accurately represent your product, so in a show of thanks, why don't you at least contribute to this great site by becoming a Gold Member. Sorta like a collection plate :)

Good luck with the sale

Grant

Y'know, I have no problem with entrpeneurs looking for a way to make a $. As a business owner, I rely on the fact that I can sell something for more than I paid for it.

However, as a successful business owner, I know it is important to properly thank those that help me in my endeavours. I am presuming that the likelihood of you remaining on this site after the car is sold is probably nil. My reasoning is that every post, in all three threads has been in the quest to document your find. And, again, I am OK with that.

However, this forum is what has allowed you to accurately represent your product, so in a show of thanks, why don't you at least contribute to this great site by becoming a Gold Member. Sorta like a collection plate :)

Good luck with the sale!
Grant

Hey Oneofmany that is a wonderful idea... and i may do that, if you read my post i have thanked the people on this site over and over and over....
How knowledgeable people on this site really are, i really don't feel a need to show appriciation for those who are only on here to bash other folks....
I really like the site and will probably continue to use it now that i have found it..
It's really fun watching all the mopar soap operas that go on here. LOL !!!

Thanks agian , all sincere FABO members !!!

On a more serious note, I say alot somtimes, maybe i shouldn't , i really don't want to offend anyone over a rusted out old car, you guys are a bunch of really neat guys, i am sorry if i made anyone mad!!!!
I am really an mopar enthusiast myself, i have had many b body drivers, but when my construction business of 22 years folded i had to find a way to make it and mopars was all else i knew, so here i am..........

But more important than anything i hope everyone here knows that having a relationship with Jesus Christ is better than any collection of cars you could amass, (i think that is a word), I have had national event winning cars, and enjoyed it for a season, but now this is a different season.
Good luck to all you guys on the site, if i can every assist you with any prayer needs would be glad to do so, i pastor a church and no alot of people that pray,

And one more thing that i want to commend you guys on , most the time when somthing goes wrong with a post or a sell, the first thing that gets throwed up is my user name and what kind of christian i am, none of you have ever done that ...... thanks !

Blessings on your head !!! Proverbs 10:6
Frank

I don't care if he flips or not. Just as long as it ends up in a good home and gets the restoration it deserves that is all that matters.

The seller, buyer, and buyers that missed all have different points of view. Been in all three situations. Probably many on here have been as well.

Nothing wrong with making a buck any honest way you can, if you need to. I buy my cars to keep, but on occasion, have had to sell one here and there to make ends meet. I've made a little money on a couple of them, and dont begrudge anyone who does the same thing.

I cant believe that the reserve isnt met yet. This car is an unknown, no fender tag, and only half of a build sheet. Nothing personal but youd better lower your reserve, its now aproached all its worth. I know you need to make all you can as youve said previously. But what are you gonna do if it doesent sell? Your comment about restoring it and putting it on Barret Jackson I dont think is really an option. If it doesent sell your stuck with it, have to put it back on Ebay, re pay the fees and hope it sells. Im not bidding on it, so I personally dont care where your reserve is for me personally. Look at the blue A56 car that keeps going on Ebay, no one even bids on it anymore. I hate for you to get stuck with a car you cant afford to restore, especially when all your trying to do is make a buck anyways. This is just a bit of advise, a bit of help, not a bash. Im being your forune teller with no charge.

Addict you could be getting some good advise there.When I commented on your thread I did not realize you went out and bought that car just to flip it.Nothing wrong with flipping a car but this isn't the best time or economy for that plan.Like I said I got 17,600 for my car last month and I felt that I got lucky to get that in this economy.My .02 cent's worth is you are getting close to the max dollar that car will bring.Hope you didn't pay to much for it! Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back