1969 Plymouth Barracuda A57 ? cuda on Ebay !

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching it. At this point the reserve not being hit tells me this is just fishing and maybe a little market tampering.

The car will probably never hit the reserve and the auction will end. Then he will sell the car for good money because some poor sucker saw it bid up to 16K by friends and family on ebay. Now that sucker thinks its a steal if they can buy it at 14K

Thats what I think, Think I'm wrong?

I have been watching it. At this point the reserve not being hit tells me this is just fishing and maybe a little market tampering.

The car will probably never hit the reserve and the auction will end. Then he will sell the car for good money because some poor sucker saw it bid up to 16K by friends and family on ebay. Now that sucker thinks its a steal if they can buy it at 14K

I'm sure this extremely similarly equipped 69 383-S, 4spd, same color even car being offered for $18K is influencing pricing.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=91182

That car has fender tag and complete buildsheet and it's more solid and original. That being said, how much more is that car worth?

Problem is the $18K car I think is on it's second flip. And it's at a dealer trying to pull top dollar dealer price. People from the original owners area, know the car.

Autoxcuda It is interesting how both of these 383-s cudas are posted by brand new members and neither one posted a town or city in there avatar.The one who posted the 18k car has never posted again.Hummmmm

Well.......... one thing i have learned over the years is that eventually someone will buy the car, there is a car for everybody.... and somebody for every car...... Thanks for all the comments, most of them make good sense,
Don't worry about my well doing with the car .. i have a good source, and its not a free fortune teller !

Autoxcuda It is interesting how both of these 383-s cudas are posted by brand new members and neither one posted a town or city in there avatar.The one who posted the 18k car has never posted again.Hummmmm

I don't even know what an avatar is......... LOL !
I'm in Ellijay Georgia.

I think you are right but that is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth.

I have bought a few lately equally as rare in better condition with better documentation for half of the price than these cars. I feel I got great deals dont get me wrong, but I think 18k is way too high for the one. I think that this A53 car that was cloned a long long time ago, maybe even at the dealership is not even woth 10k, not without the fender tag and only half a build sheet and the rust issues it has. What saddens me is that these guys dont care about the cars, there just trying to make a buck. Theres guys on this forum that dream about buying cars like this, and could have had they been the fist guy that saw them on craigslist, but they werent. There are only as handful of guys on this forum that can pay these king of prices. I buy my cars to drive and enjoy. Im fortunate to have got some good deals lately on some real rare cars. Remember how much it cost to fix these up, a restoratoin is expensive. I think the 69 Formula S car is a much better car, the documentation is so important when you go to sell it. Please dont get me wrong, there both awsome cars, but the pricing is gotten far out of hand.

I bought a 68 Formula S 383 console 4 speed car that was sitting for about 10 - 15 years for 6k Its exactly like the 69 for 18k. I got it runnig and driving over the weekend. Its a true driver, a complete survivor car, with tons of documentation, fender tag, and build sheet.
I got a 67 Formulas S 383 console 4 speed coupe, notchback, with fender tag, its GG1 green, the engine #s dont match though, and its all apart, but very complete. One of less than 100 , paid 5 k for that one. Its getting a full restoration.
I bought the 69 A56 on here that was for sale, paid 10k for it. Full documentation, fender tag, build sheet , its an auto car with A/C, a really neat car. I drive it all the time.
Bought a 68 GTS, no fender tag, no build sheet, no engine/ trans. Was the first car I bought since getting back into the cars again, paid $4600, got screwed by a guy that bought it cheap and flipped it. Learned my lesson on that car, dont spend too much, youll regret it later, maybe this car is the reason I dont like to see people flip cars, and dont wanna see anyone get screwed on these ones. I got it going anyways, its a driver now, and I enjoy it for what its worth, I call it the beater of the group.
Pictures are impossible, im a computer idiot.

Please don't be offended by this. But don't confuse what you pay for something with what they normally sell for.

People get deals, happens all the time.

It's like this guy that looked at my car when I had it up for sale a year ago…. He told me he could pic up cars like mine all day long for $3000.

I told him to go buy one of those then. He got pist off and left.

We had an air cleaner on here sell for like $40 when they normally sell for $250+…….

That doesn't make them all worth $40 now.

Their locations are on their user profiles. Just look up the zip code listed there.

I the other car for sale is in St Louis, MO. It's is written there in the posting. And the car that addict4christ has the town in the Ebay ad and in the other posting I believe.

I know these members have seemed to joined to sell their cars. But there are plenty of other member that do the same. Some of those members post limited non sale related posts and make it not so obvious that's all.

Thing is, FABO itself posts random non member Ebay ads. So if that is OK, I can't see complaining about members joining just to sell stuff. Most other boards have the same thing and don't post ebay listings.

I think it's more apparent here because lot of members view this message board by just clicking on the "new posts" button. So people end of looking at for sale ads that normally would not. That's one of the reasons we get so many hi-jacked "for sale" posts here. I'm doing it right now and I would not have looked at this post if it were in the "cars for sale" section. I bet I'm not alone.

How do you hide behind a bid?
Well you see what you do is bid just under even increments like say 7,495, then 7,995. Next comes 8,495 / 8,995 / 9,495 / 9,999.99 and so on...
Just LOOK at the bid history...

Its pretty hard to know when you bid if the reserve is going to come off, don't you think? GEEZ

Not really.

Notice how the current two highest bidders bid $10,995.00 & 10,895.00?

Obviously neither bidder is serious, or they would have bid $11,000.00 hoping that was the RESERVE! 8)

Imagine that, the auction ended and didn't meet the reserve.

*YAWN*

I find it hard to believe that the two top bidders would bid $10,995.00 & $10,995.00 and not the $5.00 (or $105.00 more to possibly hit the reserve).

By checking the bid history it is clear the real bidding stopped around $7,400.00. :evil3:

Imagine that, the auction ended and didn't meet the reserve.

*YAWN*

I find it hard to believe that the two top bidders would bid $10,995.00 & $10,995.00 and not the $5.00 (or $105.00 more to possibly hit the reserve).

By checking the bid history it is clear the real bidding stopped around $7,400.00. :evil3:

I would have to agree that the $7,400 was probably the last real bid on the car. Lot of games on ebay. Just look up shill bidding. I was Ok with flipping the car. I'm just baffled as to why the reserve was so high. Didn't look like it was really for sale to me.

By the way it is a cool car but needs lot's of work to save it.

I have bought a few lately equally as rare in better condition with better documentation for half of the price than these cars. I feel I got great deals dont get me wrong, but I think 18k is way too high for the one. I think that this A53 car that was cloned a long long time ago, maybe even at the dealership is not even woth 10k, not without the fender tag and only half a build sheet and the rust issues it has. What saddens me is that these guys dont care about the cars, there just trying to make a buck. Theres guys on this forum that dream about buying cars like this, and could have had they been the fist guy that saw them on craigslist, but they werent. There are only as handful of guys on this forum that can pay these king of prices. I buy my cars to drive and enjoy. Im fortunate to have got some good deals lately on some real rare cars. Remember how much it cost to fix these up, a restoratoin is expensive. I think the 69 Formula S car is a much better car, the documentation is so important when you go to sell it. Please dont get me wrong, there both awsome cars, but the pricing is gotten far out of hand.

Well stated. You sound like a guy who is in touch with reality.

Well, if it was mine and I just bought it for $5K, and that high bid was real, that car would have been gone! If you really needed the money, then I think it should have been gone for 2X the price that was paid! 8)

The reality is the people who buy and sell cars as investments drive up the price for lesser cars and cars in need- blah blah blah, we have all heard that before, but its true. It also causes people to search for cars to flip, they find good cars at good prices, while we are at work lol, and make us pay a premium for them. So some may say I paid too much for my car, but it was exactly what I wanted so I paid it- time is money, (I even talked to the guy who who had it before the guy I bought it from, and he was pissed when I told him what I paid- not that he could have made more money, but that the guy fooled him into believing he was buying it for the long term because he was knowledgeable about Mopars).
Bottom line, you could argue this is negative or positive; the way I see it I got what I wanted and I could probably sell it for more than I paid.

Well addict like I said I hope you didn't pay to much for your flipper! 340sFastback not only do I agree with you ,I dig your fastback! Daniel D you are sharper than I thought you were. LOL

You know what id like to see, id like to see the car put back on ebay, set the reserve to a reasonable level, and let someone that actaully wants the car buy it. I assume that he paid no more than 5k for the car, so anyway its looked at, everyone is happy. Hell make at least a few grand, and someone that loves these damn cars might get the car of there dreams.

You know what id like to see, id like to see the car put back on ebay, set the reserve to a reasonable level, and let someone that actaully wants the car buy it. I assume that he paid no more than 5k for the car, so anyway its looked at, everyone is happy. Hell make at least a few grand, and someone that loves these damn cars might get the car of there dreams.

How do you choose your buyer on ebay? It could just go to someone that would flip it again. I guess a seller has a right to refuse to sell to a buyer, but how could you really be 100% sure of their intentions?

Some sellers are more gullible than others and some buyers put on better academy award winning performances than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back