1969 Plymouth Barracuda A57 ? cuda on Ebay !

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car we have been discussing on this site for the last week or so , i listed it on ebay tonight, in case anybody wants to bid or watch the auction.
1969 Plymouth Barracuda A57 A53???
Thanks for all the help you guys are great !!
Blessings, Frank

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item414d76d30a

forums are for entheusits,education,politics, ebay is for sales...I listed 1 car here..I got more PM's then I could handle..no sale..put it on ebay sold it 10% less then listed here to a buyer 500 miles away.
pro $$ buyers have craigslist search engines..they check all the time,and WANT a deal . PHOTO's are better then hype. and I remember when you had a 1968? Dart on ebay..I asked you a question..you were not my type of seller..and that matters more then most peeps think..I have lost $$ on flip sales but try and not do that to often..be well..

wow - never expected an "addict 4 Christ" would be so greedy. Quite frankly, I have no interest in your Ebay sale or watching you squeeze every penny out of fellow hobbyists - don't get me wrong, you have every right to ask what you want for your car, but I don't know why you would think that we would all be happy and enthusiastic watching you do it.

Too bad the fellow member that actually had the good intentions of restoring this car didn't just pull the trigger on the original Craigslist deal - then we wouldn't have to witness you raking other people over the coals. I'm sure Jesus is routing for your Ebay auction to go as high as possible:roll:

A car with no fender tag and poor documents and the reserve was over 10k? I'd would have said lucky to get 6k in this market IMHO.

A car with no fender tag and poor documents and the reserve was over 10k? I'd would have said lucky to get 6k in this market IMHO.

It's worth over $6K. And there is no luck about that. Even though the build sheet is partial it goes a long way along with the numbers motor and trans.

It seems people have this car pegged at $8K to $12K, and somewhere near the center of that would probably be it's selling price. If the seller wants to sit on it, maybe he can squeak more money out of it.

The car is without question, at least a complete 383 Formula S.

I don't know why so many people are getting butt hurt over what he wants for it.

Hell….. I want $18,000 for my car (probably over priced) when people *****, I tell them to go find another one for less.

So to the haters out there……. Go find a 1969 383 Formula S for less or quit crying about it.

I don't know why so many people are getting butt hurt over what he wants for it.

Hell….. I want $18,000 for my car (probably over priced) when people *****, I tell them to go find another one for less.

So to the haters out there……. Go find a 1969 383 Formula S for less or quit crying about it.

Butt hurt is a rather strong term, my view is shaped by watching the market and reflecting on the results.

If you are buyer it is a good market, a seller not so much.

My attitude is that of someone who loves mopars for the sake of the car not as an investment. While investors help spawn the aftermarket suppliers, they also run the little guy out who wants a car for fun or old times sake.

Frankly, I don't care for those who look at old Mopars as investments, go buy some real estate.

Butt hurt is a rather strong term, my view is shaped by watching the market and reflecting on the results.

If you are buyer it is a good market, a seller not so much.

My attitude is that of someone who loves mopars for the sake of the car not as an investment. While investors help spawn the aftermarket suppliers, they also run the little guy out who wants a car for fun or old times sake.

Frankly, I don't care for those who look at old Mopars as investments, go buy some real estate.
Right you are. Everyone is trying to make a buck. People are too afraid to drive their car because it is worth so much money. I like the good old days when cars were a hobby not a business. Oh well maybe I can find a Rambler Marlin

WOW, i go and pick up my 340, and come back to see all this bashing.......
who cares what he wants for it. if you guys had your car for sale , you would want to squeeze every single penny out of the buyer just like this seller does. he paid for the car. he owns it, and he decides on the final price. now do not get me wrong, i too would love to see the car go to someone that is going to restore it, and cherish it.

WOW, i go and pick up my 340, and come back to see all this bashing.......

Should we give props to those looking to squeeze the last dime out of buyers?

That is pretty much the point of the posting here with a notice that its on ebay.

Regarding the 69, Addict said he want's to sell the car. It went to quite a high price and the reserve was never hit. To me that was odd if he may of just bought it for less than half with intentions to resale. So something just doesn't add up. I'm pretty sure I know whats going on and it is more used car salesman tactics and not really the part of a good person that I would want to deal with.

1968FormulaS340 Personally I don't think the price on your car is out of line. If there are no rust holes in the floor or body and you can back it out of the garage and drive it for a half hour without any issues. It seems to be a good example of a close to a stock Formula S . Most of use know the more work required of a car the less of a deal it is at any price. However sometimes it is easier to spread the sticker shock across many years by buying a project.

Looks like he is holding out for 12.5 , (relisted with an offer or BIN ). I know I would have gladly taken the near 11 , and said , good week (Plus 6K) . Then again I have always bought high and sold low .... LOL !!!

I knew he wouldn't spot the cash to go Gold.

Grant

Here is the truth if you want it...
I had to quit signing on and reading all the negativity that comes from this site.
Except for a very few exceptionally good members, most of you guys on this site are jerks...
And i really don't want to be a gold member of a site that has only alot of bashing to offer . tho i admit you guys are a vast well of knowledge... it is a shame, that people have to take so much cristisism to be able to tap in to that knowledge it is not worth it to me... so i make a living flipping cars... you guys say you make money the hard way... i guess nobody on here plays the lottery trying to make money the hard way, or the stock market making money the hard way....etc.. etc..
This will be my last post... and it's probably not nessecary, it will fall on deaf ears i am sure, and you guys will go on spewing your venom to the next new member too.....
And then want to know why guys don't want to be a part of your site.

Thanks for all your help., but count me out.
Frank

I had to quit signing on and reading all the negativity that comes from this site.
Except for a very few exceptionally good members, most of you guys on this site are jerks...
And i really don't want to be a gold member of a site that has only alot of bashing to offer . tho i admit you guys are a vast well of knowledge... it is a shame, that people have to take so much cristisism to be able to tap in to that knowledge it is not worth it to me... so i make a living flipping cars... you guys say you make money the hard way... i guess nobody on here plays the lottery trying to make money the hard way, or the stock market making money the hard way....etc.. etc..
This will be my last post... and it's probably not nessecary, it will fall on deaf ears i am sure, and you guys will go on spewing your venom to the next new member too.....

Frank

Whaaaaaa!

Frank

Frank,

I haven't chimed in on this thread yet but know seems the appropriate time. And before I begin, let me say that I have not read your last thread in its entirety. With that being said, I think that the issue from the get-go is that member's antennas are pretty fine-tuned (some more than others). When someone new arrives and his/her first thread states I have a lot of parts for sale, shoot me a list, I might have what you need ... antennas go up.

Then, when the person's next three threads (and 60 some odd posts later) are posted and they are all regarding "I just bought a car, what's it worth & hey, now I'm selling it on ebay", may people think you are here to just hock your wares and leech (excuse the term) off the FABO brain trust. Maybe it would have been nice to introduce yourself and establish some sort of relationship with the masses here before going into sales mode. You seem like a personable fellow and the above is just a little something for you to think about before you repudiate FABO as a whole.

well...well...well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longgone
Fantastic find!!!! Original air cleaner, manifolds, radiator, valve covers, oil pan(?) shifter, console, you did VERY WELL! Do you want to make a quick $2500.00 on it? Just kidding ..............excellent score! I believe that car would have brought twice that much on Ebay....maybe a little more.

I am betting thats were it will be just give it some time.
Matt

What gets people bent out of shape is when you announce your "great score" ,looking for info like you are an enthusiast, and considering yourself lucky to find a car to have fun with . Then after you hear what you need , you annouce " I have to sell it " , when , now everyone knows full well that was your intial intent . That is what I beleive anyways ....

Frank,

I haven't chimed in on this thread yet but know seems the appropriate time. And before I begin, let me say that I have not read your last thread in its entirety. With that being said, I think that the issue from the get-go is that member's antennas are pretty fine-tuned (some more than others). When someone new arrives and his/her first thread states I have a lot of parts for sale, shoot me a list, I might have what you need ... antennas go up.

Then, when the person's next three threads (and 60 some odd posts later) are posted and they are all regarding "I just bought a car, what's it worth & hey, now I'm selling it on ebay", may people think you are here to just hock your wares and leech (excuse the term) off the FABO brain trust. Maybe it would have been nice to introduce yourself and establish some sort of relationship with the masses here before going into sales mode. You seem like a personable fellow and the above is just a little something for you to think about before you repudiate FABO as a whole.

well said big ben!

Over 12,000 members, roughly 100 posted a reply to your posts, minus the 'few exceptionally good members,' and you interacted with less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the members. To state that most of the people on this site are jerks is ignorant.

I read through all of the posts again, and to use the term 'bashing' is ridiculous. Members were merely stating their opinions, and others immediately defended your right to flip this car or any car, and wished you the best.

What I did notice was some contradictory statements from you:

"No offense intended, but maybe you can help me out with this one, because i don't ever remember quoting a sale price to anybody, there have been other members, who have made predictions , but i don't think i quoted any price..... I just need to get all i can, but who knows in the long run you may end up with it !!"

There have been other members who made predictions because you asked them what they thought it was worth.

"Ok if you must know, i did buy it to flip that is how i make a living, and your right someone else would have had it, there were about 13 other flippers in line behind me to get it.
I bought it to help a family out in need actually, they are about to lose a loved one and needed money for a funeral, i guess that really makes me a bad guy now !"

Don't tell us you bought it to flip it and in the next sentence state that you bought it to help a family in need who was loosing a loved one. Any addict for Christ would help them sell it and get the most for it, as all of us addicts know funerals can be very expensive.
If I loose a loved one I hope someone keeps calling me for a fender tag so they can make the most off of my misery.

But more important than anything i hope everyone here knows that having a relationship with Jesus Christ is better than any collection of cars you could amass.

And one more thing that i want to commend you guys on , most the time when somthing goes wrong with a post or a sell, the first thing that gets throwed up is my user name and what kind of christian i am, none of you have ever done that ...... thanks !

I find it odd that you anticipated that someone would 'throwed up' your user name. Sounds like it has happened in the past, must just be the huge masses of jerks that bash you for no reason.

Bottom line, FABO is a family of people who take care of each other, accept new members with enthusiasm, defend each other- even brand new members, as you experienced but appear to have forgotten, and forgive those who have offended others.
What a bunch of jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back