1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
There is nothing like being there during the dyno run, and getting the full sensory experience.

IMG_1083.jpg

I agree the problem is logistics. It is tentative schedule but nothing is set in stone. As of now set for October 6, but he could get a call today and say there was a cancellation and bring it over now.

It would be different if I wasn’t 6 hours away

I would try to be on "set" ready to go if at all possible. It is pretty awesome. Even just being by the dyno cells at work (19 of them), but to have your engine on test would be awesome.

3B452B28-A8DF-4C69-85C1-A391785836A2.jpeg

0901D899-6DB6-4674-9981-2129FCD22C95.jpeg

The poly graph. It’s an eye opening experience watching someone pull the handle repeatedly, beating on the very expensive stuff you just assembled. You learn so much about what it takes to actually make power. I wouldn’t miss it if you’ve never experienced it. It seems like you’ve dedicated so much time and effort in to this car. 6 hours ain’t nothin. DO IT!

View attachment 1716146611

View attachment 1716146609
The poly graph. It’s an eye opening experience watching someone pull the handle repeatedly, beating on the very expensive stuff you just assembled. You learn so much about what it takes to actually make power. I wouldn’t miss it if you’ve never experienced it. It seems like you’ve dedicated so much time and effort in to this car. 6 hours ain’t nothin. DO IT!
I agree the problem is logistics. It is a tentative schedule but nothing is set in stone. As of now set for October 6, but he could get a call today and say there was a cancellation and bring it over now.

I am waiting for Sean to give me a call and I will discuss it with him.

Seems with the stock valve covers the exhaust rockers are hitting..........:BangHead:

Did he use higher ratio?
Hopefully you keep it old school looking, no modern sheetmetal covers.
I had to get new aluminum heads due to one of the originals leaking. I just got off the phone with him and he will clearance the old valve covers and we will use them. Hopefully all goes well.

I agree the problem is logistics. It is a tentative schedule but nothing is set in stone. As of now set for October 6, but he could get a call today and say there was a cancellation and bring it over now.

I am waiting for Sean to give me a call and I will discuss it with him.

Seems with the stock valve covers the exhaust rockers are hitting..........:BangHead:
It’s always something. He’ll get it figured out.

@qkcuda @TT5.9mag @71GSSDemon

Just got off the phone with Sean. I told him I want to be there for the Dyno, I would kick myself in the *** for missing it! As soon as the exact day is nailed down he will call me and I will be there. His plan is to take it over and set it up on the dyno then run it the next day............................

Just got off the phone with Sean. I told him I want to be there for the Dyno, I would kick myself in the *** for missing it! As soon as the exact day is nailed down he will call me and I will be there. His plan is to take it over and set it up on the dyno then run it the next day............................
You’ll be glad you did.

Make a small vacation out of it. I have friends that live 6 hours away and I can be there by noon. I think you'd regret missing it. Kinda like going through 9 months of pregnancy with your wife and missing the birth!

Make a small vacation out of it. I have friends that live 6 hours away and I can be there by noon. I think you'd regret missing it. Kinda like going through 9 months of pregnancy with your wife and missing the birth!
It is not a bad drive. I will just hop in the jeep. A lot easier than pulling the car trailer. I anticipate going back down at the end of October hopefully to put everything in the car.

the 4 bulges at the bottom of these covers was made to accommodate clearance for larger springs for the .750 lift roller cam..... the (DLI) roller tip rockers were fine.

500 incher_142101.jpg

I was going to say, dude ! Get there and enjoy the experience. 2 weeks ago we put my engine on tims Dyno (a very smart guy who got kicked off fabo too many times)I almost got nauseous lol. He said are you ready...I said hold on and put in a big huge chew in my lip to relax. I hope you have fun and it's really close on the tune. I'll have to go through your thread again, it's grown by 40 pages since last time I read it.
Good luck

I would try to be on "set" ready to go if at all possible. It is pretty awesome. Even just being by the dyno cells at work (19 of them), but to have your engine on test would be awesome.
Where do you work? That sounds like a place I belong

I was going to say, dude ! Get there and enjoy the experience. 2 weeks ago we put my engine on tims Dyno (a very smart guy who got kicked off fabo too many times)I almost got nauseous lol. He said are you ready...I said hold on and put in a big huge chew in my lip to relax. I hope you have fun and it's really close on the tune. I'll have to go through your thread again, it's grown by 40 pages since last time I read it.
Good luck
Sean said I will probably need some Valium :rofl: He said it is an experience I will not forget.

Where do you work? That sounds like a place I belong
I work in Product Development and Engineering at Mercury Marine. It is pretty cool listening to engines at full song all day. Like a V12 at 6400 for the entire day kinda thing.

You know you're a badass when you have to dent valve covers for springs.

-
Back