1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
I believe the ones I just put on my Demon are Monroe 37189. 15.25 compressed and 26.625 extended and already the correct 11/16 bushings on both ends for 1971 A body Perfect for my set up.
Thanks Eric. I was searching and found this on Mancini's page, says these are for SS springs.......................

Super stock shocks

Mopar Performance Drag Racing Rear Shock Absorber.png

At the risk of Cool Whipps telling me to keep my opinion to myself, make no mistake the crossram is a race intake. Basically it is a tunnel ram with the runners laid down horizontally instead of vertical on the tunnel ram. With the crossram run the correct part number Holley carbs that work in unison with the crossram it looks like you have those carbs from the pics but I would recommend verifying they are the correct carbs.I could give you sources for parts, linkage, the correct jetting baseline as per Mopar tech bulletins from 1968 etc as well as a good source for the seat covers and brackets, of course what do I know I am just running that exact set up in my 68 Dart. PM if you need any info so Cool Whipps won’t get upset.
I'm watching you @Hemisurfer ...:mob::lol: Silly wabbit!

The more I research the wiring, I think it is best just to replace it. I have been investigating M&H and going to call them with some technical questions specific to the car.

Scott, trust what Ray says when it come to ignition, he is "the guy" and a great guy at that too

Calvert Racing has different length rear shocks available. I had to make sure I had sufficient extension length for the avatar car too as it separates quite a bit (CalTrac split mono rear suspension) . And that's without near the motor you have!

Calvert Racing has different length rear shocks available. I had to make sure I had sufficient extension length for the avatar car too as it separates quite a bit (CalTrac split mono rear suspension) . And that's without near the motor you have!
Thanks, I ordered some shocks today from Summit. They are the extended length for SS springs, hoping they work............

Thanks, I ordered some shocks today from Summit. They are the extended length for SS springs, hoping they work............

in the mid 70's we ran the Mopar super stock leaf springs and the P-number super stock shocks, right out of the Direct Connection catalog....turns out they were just longer shocks, nothing special. I think the original application was from a Chrysler station wagon

Missile TRIBUTE LAUBE - HAUSCH XL.jpg

in the mid 70's we ran the Mopar super stock leaf springs and the P-number super stock shocks, right out of the Direct Connection catalog....turns out they were just longer shocks, nothing special. I think the original application was from a Chrysler station wagon

View attachment 1716082253
Thanks! Love the picture :thumbsup:

Thanks! Love the picture :thumbsup:

thanks....the Duster picture is a little grainy (from 1977), I'm the blonde haired (then) 22 year old adjusting the valves. seems like yesterday. Here is one year before the Duster....in 76 ( I can tell by my license plates on my GeT-X), Running a tunnel ram, dual 660's / 4-speed / 12.5 compression (on pump gas) w/ 5:13s on the street.

Boy did we have fun!!!

gtx  lg c.jpg

gtx1 lg c.jpg

Last edited:
thanks....the Duster picture is a little grainy (from 1977), I'm the blonde haired (then) 22 year old adjusting the valves. seems like yesterday. Here is one year before the Duster....in 76 ( I can tell by the plates on the GTX), Running a tunnel ram, dual 660's / 4-speed / 12.5 compression (on pump gas) w/ 5:13s on the street. Boy did we have fun!!!

View attachment 1716082268

View attachment 1716082269
WOW!!

Was a Combat Engineer in a previous life, can tell you that lighting magnesium isn’t easy unless it’s in the form of shavings or powder in which case it’s almost like gunpowder. Never tried to put it out once we got it lit but we were told to try and cut off the oxygen source with mud if we needed to put it out. Once it’s going it’s scary stuff.
When I was in science class in my teens I bought some magnesium strips (I was into model rockets) you can light that stuff up, drop it in a glass of water, Brother, it keeps cooking Man!

I plan on putting new shocks on and replacing front end bushings. As far as front end parts, everything seems solid and probably only has a few hundred miles on them. No sense replacing original mopar parts.
The Chi Com Rubber is totally crap, these days, even up to and including tires that's probably a good call as long as they weren't deteriorated but being stored inside and in Northern climate like that it's probably all right. I know you're in good hands with it anyway so I'm sure you guys will check it totally out before it gets the road!

Thanks Eric. I was searching and found this on Mancini's page, says these are for SS springs.......................

[/URL][/URL]
I put those on the front of my car but, do the supply issues, in 2020, when getting my car ready (for a Solid Brothers Memorial) I ended up just grabbing some for the Front of a D200, threads on it around here but the Kybs are good, they give you a nice stiff ride, some guys hate them, some of us like em! The SS Springs on Her had the original length shocks on it... I didn't notice it till after I put the baby Hemi in it took it Out Flogging it around a little corners it's kind of odd when your whole body raises up going around a turn, then it slams back down! Really quick you'll figure out somethings Wacked! Only thing I can figure is my buddy had his race 340 in it and they were running in the brackets, I got no clue why you'd want that much wheel spin... it's just when the shorter shocks are pinning the suspension like that it does not work that good possibly with a prep track and some Slicks or something I don't know

View attachment 1716082253
Very cool picture. Looks like Don Carlton's colors.

I put those on the front of my car but, do the supply issues, in 2020, when getting my car ready (for a Solid Brothers Memorial) I ended up just grabbing some for the Front of a D200, threads on it around here but the Kybs are good, they give you a nice stiff ride, some guys hate them, some of us like em! The SS Springs on Her had the original length shocks on it... I didn't notice it till after I put the baby Hemi in it took it Out Flogging it around a little corners it's kind of odd when your whole body raises up going around a turn, then it slams back down! Really quick you'll figure out somethings Wacked! Only thing I can figure is my buddy had his race 340 in it and they were running in the brackets, I got no clue why you'd want that much wheel spin... it's just when the shorter shocks are pinning the suspension like that it does not work that good possibly with a prep track and some Slicks or something I don't know
The KYB’s are what I ordered. I read some hate them as well. They will do the job for now and maybe upgrade down the road if necessary.

KYB's are not that bad, run them on all 4 corners of my Duster.

In fact they were also the only brand of shock that would last on my stock Wrangler.
I could only get around a month or so out of Monroe's, I exchanged them so many times, the parts store just gave me my money back.

-
Back