1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
100% BAD ***! What a cool story and I'm digging the process/progress. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!
I hear he's thinking of swapping in a LS cause parts are easier to get
maxresdefault.jpg

Got some mockup of the battery box and disconnect switch done today. I also measured for all the correct wire lengths, so I don't have a ton of extra wire.

IMG_8107.JPG

Also got some metal clean up and painting done...................Seat brackets, overflow bottle bracket and the gas tank straps. Checking things off the list :thumbsup:

IMG_8119.JPG

IMG_8121.JPG

IMG_8122.JPG

Would be interesting to take a closer look at the MC adapter plate.
Looks a bit different in size and form? More 6" rather than 5 3/4" ?
And again, thanks for you sharing all this.
IMG_7824 MC adapter.jpg

Got some mockup of the battery box and disconnect switch done today. I also measured for all the correct wire lengths, so I don't have a ton of extra wire.

View attachment 1716092713

before you get the drill out you might want to re-think how far the battery box is under the rear fender. Tucked that far under could make it extremely difficult to install / remove the battery.........been there.

Would be interesting to take a closer look at the MC adapter plate.
Looks a bit different in size and form? More 6" rather than 5 3/4" ?
And again, thanks for you sharing all this.
View attachment 1716092922
I have pulled the MC, does it matter for the size of the plate replacing the new one? I have the same MC as a replacement.

before you get the drill out you might want to re-think how far the battery box is under the rear fender. Tucked that far under could make it extremely difficult to install / remove the battery.........been there.
Thanks, Yeah I have thought about that. I will have to put the battery in the box then run the threaded rod after it is in place. Even though it may take a few minutes extra to remove if needed, I still like the location.

I gotta say this and I mean it in the most positive way so please take it in that light. You should be very happy that the car ended up with you. You seem to have all of the resources to do the car justice. Lots of people don't. If I had inherited it for example, there's no way in hell I could have ever done what you're doing. I'm really glad you're able to do it and I'm more glad that you chose to share it here. It's gotta be the coolest car on here...well.....maybe cept for my Vixen. LOL

I gotta say this and I mean it in the most positive way so please take it in that light. You should be very happy that the car ended up with you. You seem to have all of the resources to do the car justice. Lots of people don't. If I had inherited it for example, there's no way in hell I could have ever done what you're doing. I'm really glad you're able to do it and I'm more glad that you chose to share it here. It's gotta be the coolest car on here...well.....maybe cept for my Vixen. LOL
Thank you Rob! I really appreciate this. :thumbsup:

I have pulled the MC, does it matter for the size of the plate replacing the new one? I have the same MC as a replacement.
No, should be the same. All production MC:s around this time are same, that I know of.
Just curious if Chrysler had more than one adapter block to offer, when this car was put together...

No, should be the same. All production MC:s around this time are same, that I know of.
Just curious if Chrysler had more than one adapter block to offer, when this car was put together...
Thanks good to know. When I go to Carlisle in July, I will need to keep an eye out for them in the Darts displayed and see if there are differences.

-
Back