1970 340 Duster rare x car.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
WRONG

N23 wasn't on the tags until 1972 (STD equip on 340 cars) IIRC and NEVER on 1970 cars.

Been spending time at some of the sites with fender tag info that is WRONG I see. Maybe mymopar.com :)

LOL

If you want help looking in a 70-71 parts book, distributors are under 8-27-1. NOT A SINGLE non points distributor listed for EITHER year.
ding ding ding! mymopar.com

This is one of the most entertaining threads in a long time. I had to run out to the garage in the rain to see if I had something special out there, and I do!

Here is what you are looking at. From the view you took your pictures, the mounting bolts are not visible. Its just a plain old Hurst mounting plate on a 833 4 speed. Good stuff but not unique. I took a few pictures.

Its ok to make a mistake and be wrong for 20 something years. Its happened to many of us. A factory 340 4 speed Duster is still cool.

My plate is different than yours but simular. Yes it is a cool car,fast and fun. But dont believe every 70 340 had x heads etc. as some say on here. To be honest never expected to be ambushed by so many non believers and so many that dont even own an original 340 car. Copies are fine but this is no copy. Its orig.340 x head a833 trans car with a rare trim package. Looking at codes knowing what it has dont think there were as many made as some on here believe.

My plate is different than yours but simular. Yes it is a cool car,fast and fun. But dont believe every 70 340 had x heads etc. as some say on here. To be honest never expected to be ambushed by so many non believers and so many that dont even own an original 340 car. Copies are fine but this is no copy. Its orig.340 x head a833 trans car with a rare trim package. Looking at codes knowing what it has dont think there were as many made as some on here believe.
ALL FRICKIN 340`S HAD X HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 360`s had J heads. ARE YOU DEAF???????? Sorry, starting to get a bit PISSED as this person won`t listen to 100 people telling him the same goddamn thing. Jeeeeeeeeze man.:wack: FYI, I have had several 340 cars. THEY ALL HAD X HEADS TOO!Hell I just sold a 71 340 Duster that I got from the original owner!!!!!!

So, to recap, what are the solid facts and the actual price?

Since I own 3 70 340 cars... thanks for the compliment.

340 cars in 1970 could have had X J O U Z heads. The X heads ran out about mid year as supplies were bled off from prior year run 1969. I have one car that has X heads, another with J heads and a 3rd with an X on one side and J on the other. Go figure. the X head cars were built in early dec 1969 and before.

Having X heads on a 1970 model year car isn't rare or unusual at all.

Your story is full of holes has some serious misinformation in it and NO car off the assembly line in 1970 had an electronic ignition in it. PERIOD. What's the date code on your distributor tag, or is that missing as well? :)
BTW without the fender tag or broadcast sheet you can't say it has ANY rare trim package, because you don't have even one shred of valid documentation to support it. I have a 70 Duster out back that came with a 426 hemi, factory installed, I promise... trust me just like Joe Isuzu. LOL

Puffing 101

I'll bet the scheduled production build date is April 1, 1970.
Most X Dusters were.
I'm still doing research on this rare car.

Taking pics now,fender tag is gone. Have talked to a few collectors of mopars. Another thing to show a difference is the aluminum shifter housing says hurst on it and is permanent on the a833.Kind of amazed how many quick to prove someone wrong in here. Hot rod magazine did an article on the 340x engine ill post it too. Vin number is VS29H0B185855.

No way to prove yours even said N23, and where is that article you said you would post. And all 70 340's had X-heads, if it came with a 4spd it was an a833, and there is no way to weld aluminum to steel.

So what you have is a 70 340 4spd Duster thats been hot rodded a little, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back