1970 340 Duster rare x car.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha .....this thread cracks me up.... So much BS. This is not the website to come to BS potential buyers. Most of us here are in our 40s and 50s and grew up owning these cars. I worked in dealerships back when these cars were new. So with that said, I challenge you to show proof that car is something special, that Chrysler built, and not some kid back in the day, who simply bolted on speed parts from a local speed shop. And by the way there was no electronic ign. Available in 1970. And it certinly would not be on a vehicles title. More BS !

Not trying to bs anyone. This car was all original no speed parts at all. I am in my 40's myself and have had it for 27yrs. It was original electronic dist. Factory. Engine build date is 11-20-69 right on block. Car is 1970 on title, all vins match trans motor and car. Go ahead and mock chrysler its what all the chevy guys have done for years. I have looked at many one of less than 20 cars that you could claim didnt exist but do. So its up to that guy that checked all the options and special ordered it the way he wanted. And this seems to be that way. Its a fact in car collecting some well documented and some not. But the electronic ign. is stock came in this car and was avail. Special order in 1970 and this car was ordered with it.

My 4 speed shifter mount on my duster must be rare just like yours....as mine looks identical....LAMO! That mount is not part of the tail housing. it has 3flat head screws mounting it to the housing Just like every other Chrysler 4speed ! You simply can't BS us.

The only way I know of to permanently join two pieces of metal is to weld them together....and even that can be taken apart with a cut off wheel. But what I would really like to know is how you weld aluminum to steel, that is one trick I really need to learn. And if you really knew your cars like you are trying to pass yourself off as knowing, you would know that aluminum plate with "Hurst" cast into is just a mounting plate bolted to the trans tailshaft like damraider stated in his post. And the only 340 that came from the factory with a Holley was the 340 6pk, they had three of them in case you didn't know what that was.

I trick kit at least 2 holleys a week. Its my job so yes i know the difference.

I actually managed to find a video talking about the special transmission put in these cars...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4"]Chrysler Turbo Encabulator - YouTube[/ame]

Electronic ign. Is NOT factory on any 1970 mopar period ! that's just a direct conection kit installed later in the cars life.

Heck, contact Galen and the Mopar mag and have them document it for you!

Well at least with all of the attention, it keeps getting bumped lmao.

Fact of the matter is, with no build sheet and no fender tag, it could have a factory installed "Adult Hemi" in it and it wouldn't matter. It's a nice 340 Duster builder, nothing more in my honest opinion. To claim any sort of "special" status that will stick with the car, you need actual documentation pertaining to that car. I once heard of a girl who could deepthroat a 7-11 Bigstick popsicle without getting a Icee headache. It was just a nice fantasy until I actually saw her do it.

Not trying to bs anyone. This car was all original no speed parts at all. I am in my 40's myself and have had it for 27yrs. It was original electronic dist. Factory. Engine build date is 11-20-69 right on block. Car is 1970 on title, all vins match trans motor and car. Go ahead and mock chrysler its what all the chevy guys have done for years. I have looked at many one of less than 20 cars that you could claim didnt exist but do. So its up to that guy that checked all the options and special ordered it the way he wanted. And this seems to be that way. Its a fact in car collecting some well documented and some not. But the electronic ign. is stock came in this car and was avail. Special order in 1970 and this car was ordered with it.

Wait I thought Chrysler built this one "SPECIAL"? Your own words, it came with no speed parts on it.

Electronic ignition was NOT available on ANY 1970 model year Duster PERIOD!!! I challenge you to find an electronic distributor in the 1970 model year parts book for a 340 car.... YOU WON'T FIND ONE. What's the build date on that one of none distributor?

You got fed a great BS story by the guy you got the car from because you have NO IDEA what happened to this car the first 14 years of it life. Welcome to the class "puffing the sale 101". Someone went crazy buying stuff out of the DC catalog to hop it up.

I trick kit at least 2 holleys a week. Its my job so yes i know the difference.

So what about permanently attaching aluminum to steel. How about just a closer shot of the engine so we can see the intake and that "factory" holley carb.

Fact of the matter is, with no build sheet and no fender tag, it could have a factory installed "Adult Hemi" in it and it wouldn't matter. It's a nice 340 Duster builder, nothing more in my honest opinion. To claim any sort of "special" status that will stick with the car, you need actual documentation pertaining to that car. I once heard of a girl who could deepthroat a 7-11 Bigstick popsicle without getting a Icee headache. It was just a nice fantasy until I actually saw her do it.

And thats all we really wanted was some sort of documentation. All we got was more bs and a shot of an ad for a 68 Hemi Dart. I'm done with this one.

Reminds me of my saved text message on my cell phone lmao

Electronic ign. Is NOT factory on any 1970 mopar period ! that's just a direct conection kit installed later in the cars life.

Look it up,fender code n-23 electronic ign.70-71 its a fact do you need a link to mopar codes to see it . Its there go look again that is code n-23 factory option in 1970 so where are you getting your facts ?

Look it up,fender code n-23 electronic ign.70-71 its a fact do you need a link to mopar codes to see it . Its there go look again that is code n-23 factory option in 1970 so where are you getting your facts ?

WRONG

N23 wasn't on the tags until 1972 (STD equip on 340 cars) IIRC and NEVER on 1970 cars.

Been spending time at some of the sites with fender tag info that is WRONG I see. Maybe mymopar.com :)

LOL

If you want help looking in a 70-71 parts book, distributors are under 8-27-1. NOT A SINGLE non points distributor listed for EITHER year.

N23-Electronic ignition in '72

I have read this all with interest. It reminds me of the Antique Road Show. People come in with the grandiose stories about their item. Some are true, some aren't, but it is always stated, if you can't prove it it doesn't matter. You have no fender tag and no build sheet. That is extremely serious proof to be missing from what is called a rare car and an original car. Nice story. Might be true, might not be. With no proof it doesn't matter. What it is now is a 340 Duster. Find the build sheet and fender tag, then we might have something!

Here is pic of matching vin on trans. Aluminum bracket permanent and clearly says hurst on back of it. Still waiting for someone to show me another 1970 340 factory x heads a833 with this hurst bracket on trans. And electronic dist. I would challenge anyone to show me another trans like this in a duster and if you cant read it clearly says hurst being its a hard angle i would be willing to fly anyone of you here to see for yourselves,and when its proven you can pay me back. And will have some new info on these cars and what chrysler did. Some pretty bad comments on here about door jams wheels etc. That have nothing to do with what the car is. Sorry but the factory rear wheel cant take an 8in. Slick to race. Only reason for different rear wheels. This car has been inside for 22yrs straight. Runs perfect and is to my knowledge very rare. Show me another one if im wrong. If anyone is really a serious buyer and interested in having a one of a kind duster private message me. Im done with the back and forth of what everyone wants to say it isnt when its sitting in front of me every day. It has what i say it is original so contact me and lets talk.

This is one of the most entertaining threads in a long time. I had to run out to the garage in the rain to see if I had something special out there, and I do!

Here is what you are looking at. From the view you took your pictures, the mounting bolts are not visible. Its just a plain old Hurst mounting plate on a 833 4 speed. Good stuff but not unique. I took a few pictures.

Its ok to make a mistake and be wrong for 20 something years. Its happened to many of us. A factory 340 4 speed Duster is still cool.

Attachments

• Photo0392.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 349
  • Photo0394.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 348
  • Photo0389.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Photo0391.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 06-08-10_1854.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 358
Dang my 76 feather duster has a shifter just like that! It was behind an infant hemi 225/6 LOL

N23-Electronic ignition in '72

Mymopar.comN23
70-71

Electronic Ignition System
N25
69-71

Engine Block Heater
N31
69-71

Optional Engine Compression Ratio
N41
69-71
Dual
Exhaust
N42
70-71

Chrome Exhaust Tips
N44
70 only
Side
Exhaust
N45
69-71
Hi
Capacity Fan
N46
69-71

Medium Capacity Fan
N51
69-71

Maximum Engine Cooling
N65
69-71
Blade Torque Drive Fan
N75
69-71
Aux.
Transmission Fluid Cooler
N77
71 only
Aux.
Vacuum Reservoir
N78
68 only

Performance Gauge
N81
69-71
Fast
Idle Control
N85
69-71

Tachometer
N88
69-71
Auto
Speed Control
N94
70-71

Fiberglass Fresh Air Hood
N95
70-71

Emissions Control

Mymopar.comN23
70-71

Electronic Ignition System

Fricken wrong as the day is long...

Thanks for playing try again.

Nice 340 4 speed Duster you have, that's all it is... nothing unusual no matter how hard you try otherwise.

Ok, so we have a price, and some details about the car. Lets leave the rest to the seller and potential buyer...
caveat emptor

Peace and good will amongst Moparists, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back