1970 340 Duster rare x car.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is pic of matching vin on trans. Aluminum bracket permanent and clearly says hurst on back of it. Still waiting for someone to show me another 1970 340 factory x heads a833 with this hurst bracket on trans. And electronic dist. I would challenge anyone to show me another trans like this in a duster and if you cant read it clearly says hurst being its a hard angle i would be willing to fly anyone of you here to see for yourselves,and when its proven you can pay me back. And will have some new info on these cars and what chrysler did. Some pretty bad comments on here about door jams wheels etc. That have nothing to do with what the car is. Sorry but the factory rear wheel cant take an 8in. Slick to race. Only reason for different rear wheels. This car has been inside for 22yrs straight. Runs perfect and is to my knowledge very rare. Show me another one if im wrong. If anyone is really a serious buyer and interested in having a one of a kind duster private message me. Im done with the back and forth of what everyone wants to say it isnt when its sitting in front of me every day. It has what i say it is original so contact me and lets talk.

Attachments

• IMAG0297.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 404
  • IMAG0282.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_20110813_135042.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 402
You know what, forget the price. You just lost my attention when you say the title says it had factory electronic ignition!.

You, my friend, need to let go of that crack-pipe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read what i wrote. Title says 1970 ,wiring harness says electronic .wow whos on crack.

"Also tag on rear end says 3:54 ratio" right someone took off a dana tag and installed it on your open 3.23 rear, also came from the factory with the rare factory delete amp meter needle!!

"Also tag on rear end says 3:54 ratio" right someone took off a dana tag and installed it on your open 3.23 rear, also came from the factory with the rare factory delete amp meter needle!!
along with the blue 8 3/4 package,a true 1 of 1. don't forget the lightweight rear wheel package

This thread's got more B.S. than the Republican presidental hopefull's.

Here is copy of an add for a car that proves hurst had a connection to mopar. He is who i contacted on trans with hurst bracket and he told me that hurst did these with chrysler and mine is one of them and it is there. Pic tells all. Something like hurst did with olds too.

Attachments

• IMAG0320.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 386
Aluminum bracket permanent

No ,it is not permanent . It uses three flathead screws behind the shifter that bolt to the bosses off the trans ,nothing special about that .

That is a factory 68 Dart Hemi superstock, you have a 70 340 Duster....2 different cars........

Here is pic of matching vin on trans. Aluminum bracket permanent and clearly says hurst on back of it. Still waiting for someone to show me another 1970 340 factory x heads a833 with this hurst bracket on trans. And electronic dist. I would challenge anyone to show me another trans like this in a duster and if you cant read it clearly says hurst being its a hard angle i would be willing to fly anyone of you here to see for yourselves,and when its proven you can pay me back. And will have some new info on these cars and what chrysler did. Some pretty bad comments on here about door jams wheels etc. That have nothing to do with what the car is. Sorry but the factory rear wheel cant take an 8in. Slick to race. Only reason for different rear wheels. This car has been inside for 22yrs straight. Runs perfect and is to my knowledge very rare. Show me another one if im wrong. If anyone is really a serious buyer and interested in having a one of a kind duster private message me. Im done with the back and forth of what everyone wants to say it isnt when its sitting in front of me every day. It has what i say it is original so contact me and lets talk.

Seeing as how you have singled out my original post I will reply..THIS CAR IS NOT FACTORY. it is a mockery of MOPAR and I agree that this thread needs to be deleted. You door jams are blue, indicating that the original, if not one of the many colors are blue, second of all slicks aren't factory neither are the wheels, do not come in here boasting an original factory car when the proof is right in front of us. and finally we can't show you another rarity like this because there is no such thing. So good luck with you Loch Ness MOPAR, may your fairy tale land be bright and cheerful. Oh and your pictures of the trans prove nothing other than you need a better camera or cameraman. Im out of this one now:burnout:

I feel this car has alot of value compared to any 1970 plymouth duster i have ever seen as a factory package. So yes in many ways it is priceless to me didnt keep it 27yrs and look for another one the same,yet still to see one. So throwing a price out isnt easy but would let it go with all oem parts valve covers intake ,exhaust manifolds etc. Also 3 factory 340 disrotation dual plane intakes and a big box of 340 parts i have picked up over the years for 19,000 obo. Cant see when documented that it wouldnt be worth twice that much. Value on rare mopars is to how many of that exact package they made thats where they get the one of eleven etc. I have yet to see another one of these. Enlighten me and show me one. Then i might negotiate.

This keep getting better and better. Hurst did stuff with Olds, Ford, Chevy and just about every other manufacturer.

Put down the shovel, step away from the hole!

After seeing the recent pics, it's clear as day to me what this car really is...

For the close up shots look on the camera for the little flower button and use it. It makes close up photos real clear. So what color was it originally? Is there a title for it? Have you ever looked under the back seat? Maybe this guy is going on what he was told when he bought the car years ago. I see people selling REAL GENERAL LEE Chargers all day long when in fact there are less than 20 originals. You see people all of the time saying they have a legit car but really don`t and nothing you say will change it because they was told that is what it is when they bought it. Just saying........

best bet for top money is put it on E-bay, folks from around the world will see it and bid, remember to add that its fender tag is missing, also please let us know when you list it so we can follow along !!! IF you get anywhere close to $19,000 I'm listing my plane jane 71 demon 340, it should bring in over $50,000 !!!

Attachments

• securedownload (640x480).jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 365
best bet for top money is put it on E-bay, folks from around the world will see it and bid, remember to add that its fender tag is missing, also please let us know when you list it so we can follow along !!! IF you get anywhere close to $19,000 I'm listing my plane jane 71 demon 340, it should bring in over $50,000 !!!

SOLD..lemme get my checkbook...damn I left it in Palm Springs..sorry man

For the close up shots look on the camera for the little flower button and use it. It makes close up photos real clear. So what color was it originally? Is there a title for it? Have you ever looked under the back seat? Maybe this guy is going on what he was told when he bought the car years ago. I see people selling REAL GENERAL LEE Chargers all day long when in fact there are less than 20 originals. You see people all of the time saying they have a legit car but really don`t and nothing you say will change it because they was told that is what it is when they bought it. Just saying........

I have looked build sheet is gone,do have title and is original yellow black top black int.

Hahaha .....this thread cracks me up.... So much BS. This is not the website to come to BS potential buyers. Most of us here are in our 40s and 50s and grew up owning these cars. I worked in dealerships back when these cars were new. So with that said, I challenge you to show proof that car is something special, that Chrysler built, and not some kid back in the day, who simply bolted on speed parts from a local speed shop. And by the way there was no electronic ign. Available in 1970. And it certinly would not be on a vehicles title. More BS !

The only way I know of to permanently join two pieces of metal is to weld them together....and even that can be taken apart with a cut off wheel. But what I would really like to know is how you weld aluminum to steel, that is one trick I really need to learn. And if you really knew your cars like you are trying to pass yourself off as knowing, you would know that aluminum plate with "Hurst" cast into is just a mounting plate bolted to the trans tailshaft like damraider stated in his post. And the only 340 that came from the factory with a Holley was the 340 6pk, they had three of them in case you didn't know what that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back