1970 340....... what color is the engine suppposed to be?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
what is the correct color for a 70 340? also, when did it change to blue, or orange? thanks

i think the blue would ook better!.lol

ive always loved the turquoise myself. its your car paint it how you like it.

just to clear up any confusion. the 69 was turquoise

Just to add to the confusion, I have a virgin 69 motor that is either red or orange. I need to go out to the back garage and look at it.

Just to add to the confusion, I have a virgin 69 motor that is either red or orange. I need to go out to the back garage and look at it.

lol.. yea there is argument about that all the time on moparts. most say a 69 should be turquoise but some swear that they have had red 69 340's. could be a early 60/late 69 thing.

Quote "Lol.. yea there is argument about that all the time on moparts. most say a 69 should be turquoise but some swear that they have had red 69 340's. could be a early 60/late 69 thing."

Ya I had a few friends who had 69 340s that I worked on back in 71-73 and they were red just like the 68s. I never even saw one of the turquoise 69 motors until 1975 and they were a different turquoise than the big blocks.

This whole thread could pass as a float color discussion prior to a, starts with G and ends with Y pride parade. Well it could and don't nobody go sending me any nasty PM's cuss hey "to each his/her own".:poke::poke::toothy8:

This whole thread could pass as a float color discussion prior to a, starts with G and ends with Y pride parade. Well it could and don't nobody go sending me any nasty PM's cuss hey "to each his/her own".:poke::poke::toothy8:

I got that feeling also. That's why I tried to word my reply carefully as to not start a pissing match. So far people have taken it the right way. :-|

It would be cool to get a "master" color list of what colors were on what year engines for the people who want to get theirs correct. :tonqe:

At the risk of being policed, my brother bought a 69 Swinger 340 in 73 from the original owner. MI built car, engine was turquoise.
I owned a 69 Swinger 340 that was built in LA. Engine was turquoise too.
Were other colors used on the engines for a 69 340? Heck yeah, never say never, but by far, most of them were turquoise.

Back in the late 70's my buddy had an orange 70 Dart 340 4-speed he got from his father who was the original owner. Engine was orange. Yes, he ruined it, but thats a story for another day. :D
FWIW.

George

Just stripe it up in a combination of everything available on the 340 from 68-73.

About everyone I have seen from '70 is street Hemi orange. There is quite a few variables though..different plants including what was available at time of assembly is big factor. If they had what was left over when a car was going down the line, they didn't throw it away- they used it!

-
Back