1970 duster 340 4spd TIME CAPSULE!

-
I bet it will clean up decent with a little work and a lot of soap and water.
Make it safe and have fun with it.

It will be cool when the day comes you can take the seller for a ride. I am sure it will bring back some good memories for them....

I looked at this car back in Dec. Its a nice car for around here.The woman was very nice . Glad to see someone get the car that will appreciate it.

So you were one of the other people. How did you know about it? Not that it was really hidden.

Thanks everyone for the coments.

Not too sure what rout I am going to do. It might be too rough for survivor quality. I will let the pics do the talking. But will post them on a later date.

It does have rally's that come with it, and the paint was redone back in the 70's. I'm not too sure how well it will clean up.

It's really exciting. I have always thought that I would own this car, but at the same time, thought it would never happen.

Everyone wants to find a car that seams to be original and bring back to life. This will be a first for me. Will keep you all posted.

It's glad to be back on this site.

We should see if the motor turns over then change the oil and put a good carb on it to see if it runs...she said he started it up quite often so mabe you don't have to pull the motor right away, do the brakes and drive it to my house..I will look after it for you haha.

Here's a pic,

This car has a bit of a story...
Nice car!
Just curious the front fender looks like its off a 318 duster?
70 /340 fenders just had the valiant emblem with the 340 duster below it.

Valiant
Duster

Nice car!
Just curious the front fender looks like its off a 318 duster?
70 /340 fenders just had the valiant emblem with the 340 duster below it.

Valiant
Duster

It was in a small accident early in its life and re painted. So, that is a possibility.

I was told about it through a friend. Thought I was going to look at a parts car. Pleasantly surprised when I pulled up and saw the car. Looked it over pretty good, made a offer and a promise to restore the car. Was told someone else had first option to buy it. Guess that would be you. Enjoy the car and maybe we might see it at a local show.

So sad to think we will ALL have to pass on our prized possessions one day, I think the owner will be smiling down upon you (and his family as they made the right decision on who got the car etc...) when the rubber hits the road again! Judging by the wheel & tire combo he dumped the clutch, chirped 2nd, 3rd & 4th gear many times in his day!

Ps. "Knocked & route" were the typo's I can bug you about for years to come! Carla didn't proofread for you!?!

I think our little 340 4-speed A-bodies are going to line up more than once in the not so distant future as well! Can't wait to see it & hear it come to life again!

Congrats, very jealous!

So sad to think we will ALL have to pass on our prized possessions one day, I think the owner will be smiling down upon you (and his family as they made the right decision on who got the car etc...) when the rubber hits the road again! Judging by the wheel & tire combo he dumped the clutch, chirped 2nd, 3rd & 4th gear many times in his day!

Ps. "Knocked & route" were the typo's I can bug you about for years to come! Carla didn't proofread for you!?!

I think our little 340 4-speed A-bodies are going to line up more than once in the not so distant future as well! Can't wait to see it & hear it come to life again!

Congrats, very jealous!

Lol, I can't spell to save my life...but you should know how to spell you cousins name... Karla!!!

Congrats!! If you can keep it a survivor you should try. I'm sure you're excited to get it home, just promise more pics when you do! Neat car, you did well.

Went and picked up the duster tonight, these are the pictures I took from my I phone.. phil was busy sorry for the quality my phone usually is better during the day but here it is waiting to go up on the trailer ��

Attachments

• image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 762
Great find/story!!! As most have said......just clean it up and make it safe!!!

-
Back