1970 duster 340 4spd TIME CAPSULE!

-
check the back of the glove box liner for a copy of the build sheet,

definitely post some pics when you clean it up. awesome find.

Picture of it the next morning at my house and a pic of the i
image home.jpg
image interior.jpg
nterior

Everything seams to be in really good shape. Drivers seat is ripped up. Any preferred choices for a correct bench seat cover?

This is the only pic I took of interior so far. Ralley dash in great shape!

Last edited:
flipped

yearone sells seat covers i believe.

nice find.

Attachments

• IMG_6814.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 730
congrats and cool Duster... I look forward to watching this build

Great car and better story.. Keep us updated and I would love to ride along as you take the widow for a ride... I'm sure that would bring back some great memories..

Thanks for flipping the pic.

I think the interior is preserved thanks to a case of silica packages left in the trunk. The owners put them there to absorb the moisture.

Looks like you could restore it with a big soapy brush and some chrome polish. Even has the old school BFG's on it.

That would be awesome. I still have my 70 340 duster that back in the 80's I drove, raced and abused. I am planning to do a full resto starting in the next few years, so this would be very helpful. I wouldn't mind seeing the car sometime on my next trip to Vancouver if that would be possible. Some time this spring I will be there for work.

Msg me as the time comes closer.

I found three in my Dart. Under the back seat, under the carpet at the driver's feet and one behind the glove box.

There it is !!!

Have the kids to myself all weekend so I probably won't have a chance to pull it out, but I unhooked the one side of the seat back and pulled it forward enough to look in, and there it is!

My first car that looks to be all original with all documentation.( fender tag, build sheet, original drive tran, interior, and I'm happy with exterior even though there has been some work done.)

sheet.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it's in good shape too. I had a B-body that only the sections under the wire were there. Mice had nibbled off the rest.

Do you need to undo the seat cover to get it out? Or can you press on the burlap and slide it out from between the burlap and the spring? I don't want to wreck it, but as I said already, I probably won't be able to do anything till after this weekend.

You can get out by very carefully pushing in on the seat and slide it out. Having an extra set of hands and the seat out of the vehicle helps. They are usually mildly "brittle" but if you are careful you can open it up. I have an archival page sized sleeve I store mine in. I just removed the one from the seat and left the others. You should end up with this-

View attachment fb dart broadcast sheet.jpg

My wife came home from work early, so I jumped outside quickly befor she had to leave for the weekend. Removed the back seat and the build sheet came out with ease. Will decode this evening.

My wife came home from work early, so I jumped outside quickly befor she had to leave for the weekend. Removed the back seat and the build sheet came out with ease. Will decode this evening.

Very cool! It's like a successful treasure hunt when you find one intact. So many are rotted, torn up or just non-existent.

1975 cordoba demolition derby car
1979 cordoba demolition derby car
1967 new Yorker derby car

I did a 74 Satellite demo derby car back in '88 in Minnesota. It was so rotted out. Bought it and drove it for the winter and then demo'd it that following June. I had the art department at work paint it for me to win the best looking car trophy. Unfortunately I learned that it equates to painting a big bulls eye on your butt. It was fun.

1975 cordoba demolition derby car
1979 cordoba demolition derby car
1967 new Yorker derby car

I did a 74 Satellite demo derby car back in '88 in Minnesota. It was so rotted out. Bought it and drove it for the winter and then demo'd it that following June. I had the art department at work paint it for me to win the best looking car trophy. Unfortunately I learned that it equates to painting a big bulls eye on your butt. It was fun.

Ha ha, ya I enjoy it. Takes a different person to do it. I always wanted to ever since I was 6. It's a fun hobby that costs nothing...make money if you do it right. And I'm not talking about wining. Not much prize money out here. All in how you part it out

-
Back