1970 duster project

-
that cars is on the west coast somewhere....doesn't look much like it did (avatar) anymore....I like to click on to the BIG picture of that one though...just for grins...

Hey John!!....been behavin'?

Haven't had the time or money to get in trouble :angry7:.......lol But ill see what I can get into this summer, planning on the Nationals, and hopefully a few legs of the Power Tour ...... and the Indy Cylinder Heads' Chrysler Performance Trade Show this weekend in Indy.

back when I still had the green Duster,we...brother Dave and I meet the power tour at its final stop in Romulus,Mich...after driving in a downpour on those Mich roads with all the divots in the roads hidden by the water...we promptly renamed it the ""Pothole Tour"........that said ..I would like to do some of the "tour" this year....without the rain..of course.

I'll never figure out how those ground draggers made it thru those potholes...you could loose a small car in some of them.

what is the offset and back spacin of the wheels you are using? I am stuck on finding anyone that knows.

it depends are you going with stock wheel wells you can start with 5 1/2" on a ten " wheel my car has a spring relocation kit and mini tubs so i went with a 6.80 and it was too much so i used a 1.25" spacer kit because i later found out that the housing was narrowed 4" but a stock rear end on my charger and gtx was 5 1/2 " fits great looks good rjsea would be some one good to ask also

well guys its officialy up for sale the orange duster as is at the moment all of the hard work is finished remainder is wiring,windows,interior fuel system and just small detailing items
it could be yours as it sits for $35,000.00 like i said before 22,000.00 in chrome 20 somethng in motorand trans and 20kplus in paint and body work you do the math several parts that go with thesale of the car i took it to the indy swap meet and had a lot of great responses and a few very interested parties no deal made at this time so its still up for grabs i will be listing it on moparts by the end of the week and the more i finish it and the more i spend the more the price will go up its you chance to have a ar that has not been on the show circut.email is [email protected] or phone number is 812-774-7800 bak for Bob McCarty

i hate to see it go but also i hope someone on here would buy it and finish it at the level it should be im shure it holds great things in its future and the new owner will be able to experience all of that with this car

Attachments

• IMG_1533.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 647
looking to buy some duster interior parts would like used door and rear panels,kick panels upper back seat a pillar trim and the welting around the doors would prefer black but im going to redo it anyways thanks

Attachments

• pics from show 002.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 610
some new pics

Attachments

• 04110002-1.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 578
  • 04110042-1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 572
  • 04110044-1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 561
  • 04110052.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 571
  • 04110037-1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 578
  • 04110010.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 04110008-1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 573
  • 04110006-1.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 591
smoke em' if you got em......thats what popped into my mind when I saw the rear shot...looking good...whoever owns it..hope your(their/its) at the 'Nats....

the way its looking i will probably have it there in the car corral but its usually so dusty and dirty there i really dont want to take it there

you can come over to our side...we have a blast....it's the show area..."reserved parking" as we see it...please save the plaques and trophies for our friends...we've already had our "safty inspection" and know we "have a nice car"....but we love the "some might call it grass",championship barbaqueing,bench racin,...remember...this year is "the year of the Duster.....I'd go over to the car corral and place a giant poster of the car w/a sign that read ....can be seen in the "Duster Area" on the show side....might even separate the "buyers" from the "lookers/storytellers".....

we would love to have your company...(you are bring'n the beer,right?)

Mopar to ya'
Denny

Bob maybe it will be like when you took that Demon up there to sell, by the way that guy is on FABO also, I cannot remember his screen name.

Denny we usually do park on the Judged side, in the club parking. Its a ways around to the other side but well worth it for the parking.

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 508
you can come over to our side...we have a blast....it's the show area..."reserved parking" as we see it...please save the plaques and trophies for our friends...we've already had our "safty inspection" and know we "have a nice car"....but we love the "some might call it grass",championship barbaqueing,bench racin,...remember...this year is "the year of the Duster.....I'd go over to the car corral and place a giant poster of the car w/a sign that read ....can be seen in the "Duster Area" on the show side....might even separate the "buyers" from the "lookers/storytellers".....

we would love to have your company...(you are bring'n the beer,right?)

Mopar to ya'
Denny

The more the merrier ! Also..... we should think about going as a "club" because they will save a section on the show field side for us. ?

Great!!!....I always wanted to be in a club....is it anything like a gang?

-
Back