1970 Poison Dart

-
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Where have you been? THE CAR LOOKS AWESOME! LOVE IT!

im sure everyone who sees this is gonna be like "damn, hes back and looking GOOD!"

Hey MOPARTEEN: It's looking good. Love the tag!!! Your dad told me ya'll trailered it. How long before you get it back?
Have a great week. Hope you find a job.
Love you,
Grandma

Hey guys just got back from the tranny shop.Turns out it was the fluid pump gear teeth that broke. It runs really good and sounds solid again. The shift is stern and you know when it shifted.It shakes all radical like at the light wich I love.72 DART we got the stripe online I dont remember where but it was 3m vinyl. here are some final pics. Take it easy guys.
p.s. This thing is bad.

Attachments

• test 2 054.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 575
  • test 2 053.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 574
  • test 2 056.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 573
You guys did a FANTASTIC job! Be proud!!

Hey MOPARTEEN: Looking really great. You did an awesome job. You look great in it too!
Way to go.
Grandma

Hey guys/gals, today my son and I took our cars out to take a few pics of them together since the Dart's transformation is pretty much complete. Just want to say thank you very much to everyone who followed our father/son project and took the time to post. I really appreciate the words of encouragement/advice some of you offered my son during our build when he didn't always make the best life decisions. As a lot of you know sometimes Dad is the last one teenagers want to listen to.
I have to say that although the build took longer than I anticipated, I am very proud of the work my son put into the car. As the pics show, he learned alot and did alot but more importantly, he learned that hard work and determination pay off.
Thanks again, Rob "Mopar or no Car"

Attachments

• n 080.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 493
  • n 082.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 488
Followed this thread from the begining.The car turned out awesome !

You guys should be very proud of it. Take care.

JD

Moparteen,
Glad to hear that you're alive and kicking. I thought there might have been some alien abduction going on since it's been so long that we've heard from you. The aliens probably have a thing for the colour green. :-D The Dart sure turned out terrific. Way to go. Now remember ..... keep it shiney-side up!!!

Wylde1.

first time seeing this topic,,,glad i did,,what a great story,,,and a solid car to start with.,, both cars are BEAUTIFUL really love the stance of the duster,,,,

glad to see you did the dart all at once,,,usually once it runs its done,,,,,so gald you finished it all at one time,, BEAUTIFL job,,,hemi duster im sure your proud of your son,,,

any chance either car will be at garlits november mopar show??? im comming down to fla for my first time,,,1st stop garlits mopar show and drag race musem,,,

Fstfish66, I will be at Garlits but my son probaley will probaley be working. I am not sure if I am going to bring the Dart or the Duster yet but either way I will be at the host hotel Friday afternoon/evening. Hope to meet you there, are you bringing your car?
Johnny, thanks, we followed your build as well. Your Dart looks great, you did a great job. I hope your enjoying it.

Fstfish66, I will be at Garlits but my son probaley will probaley be working. I am not sure if I am going to bring the Dart or the Duster yet but either way I will be at the host hotel Friday afternoon/evening. Hope to meet you there, are you bringing your car?
Johnny, thanks, we followed your build as well. Your Dart looks great, you did a great job. I hope your enjoying it.

no not brining my car this time,,, making a few stops in fla,,our first time in fla,,,, im staying down the road i hope to see you there ill be with a guy with a blue 66 barracuda,,,,

Moparteen: The cars look great together. You did an awesome job. Actually, both you and you dad have a lot to be proud of. Knew you could do it all along!
I am glad they are different from each other too.
I am very proud of the both of you!
Love,
Grandma

i got a 71 dart back in 2008 to.i got all my bodywork&paint done to the same time as u with yours.got my painted a rallye red.its super nice.i got pretty much all interior done.just waitin on the engine and transmission.i puttin a console in it with buckets and the 340 rally dash set up.now i'm the procress of puttin a big mean 68 440 in it.the engine is almost done being rebuilt.thats aweasome u are done restoring your car.i wish my was done.i was 17 1/2 to 18 when i got it.i'm 20 still not done.i'm much pretty the same age as u.u are lucky to have yours done.i wish mine was done to. my neighbor has 70 dart he painted his a sublime green also with a 440 in it.not a bad color.its sure takes time and money.very nice restoration job u did.

Cool thread. You and your dad did a awesome job on the dart. Dad's duster looks real good to.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 282
-
Back