"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
Funny I just took a wire wheel shard to the shoulder yesterday, went through my shirt and embedded in my arm about 1/2 inch. Just my luck that sucker would fly just at the right angle to go in like a needle. Good thing it wasn't my eye, that why I wear a full face shield now instead of just glasses. Thanks for info on brakes. That's a good price, hopefully they work good.

Yep, that's why I call it the wire wheel of death. Its definitely one of those tools you better be prepared to use and pay attention. Didn't realize I had so many in my jacket until i started picking the 15-20 little silver specs out.

Couldn't find anyone using the brake kit I bought. HOPEFULLY it works and I don't run into any install issues with it.

Yea I'm running wilwoods up front so I figure I really don't need anything ridiculous in the rear, I'm not going to be racing this sucker hardcore so I think the one you showed me should do the trick. Let me know how it goes in because ill probably be ordering it before the end of the week. Finally got my axles from moser so I'm ready to get the rear end back in so I can roll it in the booth and get some color on it.

Rear end is back together and in the car. Car is back on the ground and should be getting jammed this coming week.

2012-10-30_22-23-42_813.jpg

2012-10-30_23-45-21_237.jpg

2012-10-30_23-37-27_621.jpg

The kind that's easy to touch up from rock chips and wear when I need to. Its an industrial single stage.

Let me know how that rear brake kit looks when you slap it on. Think I might just order it on Monday.

I won't complete the brake install until the car is fully painted. But the backing plates went on with no issue.

Using PPG reducer and paint.The local big name store sold me a gallon of reducer that I found out after the fact was made in 2008!
Ever wonder what old reducer does to paint?

Let me show you.
queue the crappy cell phone pic.
100MEDIA36IMAG1529.jpg

At least they gave me new paint and new reducer.

The build looks GREAT!! I have had my 68 pro touring done for a couple years and wish I had joined the forum sooner to get pointers during my project. GOOD LUCK !!

Looks great. I bet that you are getting excited now. I always feels good to shoot some paint.

gotta be getting pumped now! looks awesome. what is the color? camera's and computer screens make colors look funny. almost looks like vitamin c to me. or is it more of a viper red? either way looks like it layed down nice.

I went with the color from a 2008 Viper called Very Orange pearl.

Awesome build! I dig the color :thumblef:..makes me wanna go back to that point and paint my car again lol... guess im gonna have to get another
car :D

You sure you don't want to go back to the point before paint? Think of all the fun you would be missing out on! :)

Man do I love Orange cars.......looking good. I have alot of catching up to do once I get my car back.

Is that water base paint? That color sure pops!! VERY NICE!!!:hello1:

Using PPG reducer and paint.The local big name store sold me a gallon of reducer that I found out after the fact was made in 2008!
Ever wonder what old reducer does to paint?

Let me show you.
queue the crappy cell phone pic.
100MEDIA36IMAG1529.jpg

At least they gave me new paint and new reducer.

Hes using reducer so its not water based, if it was water base the reducer would be special water from the paint manufacturer. AKA not Tap water.

You sure you don't want to go back to the point before paint? Think of all the fun you would be missing out on! :)
No no i do want to go back to that point so i can have fun doing it again..thats what i meant ;)
Enough about me your car looks great :hello1:

-
Back