1970 Swinger 340 Hemi Orange 4 speed

-
It's finally complete underneath!! I'm really happy with how it turned out! Over the next couple days I'll finish off painting the front rails and inner fender areas.

Looking good!!!

I'm excited and it's not even my car.

Looking good!!!

I'm excited and it's not even my car.

Thanks!! Haha I'm excited too!

Looks great Randy, I think you nailed it on how much and where it hit!

Thanks Danny! I just turned the car upright and turned the air pressure up high and sprayed all along the rockers around the wheelwell tubs and edges.. I think it turned out pretty good.

This is all I really had to go by plus other cars I researched online.. Basically just make a mess! I still have the rear crossmember to do.. I couldn't get the right angle to spray it since the rotisserie is in the way, so I'll do it once it comes off.

So, you didn't paint the area around the suspension mounts black and left them in epoxy? Is that how they were factory? Loving the progress!

Jay

Another outstanding build. That color looks great! Exceptional attention to detail.
You are knocking it out of the park.

Damn - this is getting totally exciting now!

:cheers: :happy1:

So, you didn't paint the area around the suspension mounts black and left them in epoxy? Is that how they were factory? Loving the progress!

Jay

Hey Jay, I painted those areas Orange.. I just left the black to dry overnight before putting the Orange on. Thanks!!

Another outstanding build. That color looks great! Exceptional attention to detail.
You are knocking it out of the park.

Thanks for the compliment! Your car is coming along very nicely too!

Damn - this is getting totally exciting now!

:cheers: :happy1:

Thanks! Yeah when paint starts going on it really motivates you to keep going! Welding and grinding was getting old, so this is a nice change!

Painted in the A arm pockets and edges of frame rails today. The black in the inner fender area is there for extra protection and will get covered in undercoat.

Really looks great and the orange paint is the turning point to me now its going back together!!!!! But in some ways it is almost a shame to cover up your above and beyond work, I know it has to be, but damn there almost is no part of that uni-body you or your dad have not massaged!!! But its great!!!!!!!

Randy, this is just friggin' awesome!!! L8r

Really looks great and the orange paint is the turning point to me now its going back together!!!!! But in some ways it is almost a shame to cover up your above and beyond work, I know it has to be, but damn there almost is no part of that uni-body you or your dad have not massaged!!! But its great!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!! The bottom side will not get covered up with undercoat, just the wheelwell tubs since my car wasn't factory under coated. I'm glad I went ahead and did the rear rails since that was the only place left where rust scale was hidden!

Cool, found one of these in a mis. box of parts and wanderd what it was.

If you've got the bracket with the studs you can probably sell it for a decent price.

Very well done

Thanks!

I took a week off from working on the car.. Needed a break! This weekend I'll get the roof done so it can come off the rotisserie.

Picked up some high build glasurit primer.. Wow, decent materials are expensive!!! My dad also stopped by and spent a couple hours working out the creases around the edges of the roof with his body hammer and spoon.. He got 99% of the dents out, which was nice to see him work his majic on it. He also skim coated the entire roof with some body filler, so I can block it out. He put it on in two applications.. If I was doing it it would've been 10+ applications, haha.

The entire car will get skim coated in filler and blocked, so it's perfectly straight!

I'm glad to see your using a product with flames and skull/cross bones.
Only the best products comes with those warnings. LOL!

I'm glad to see your using a product with flames and skull/cross bones.
Only the best products comes with those warnings. LOL!

Yeah nothing beats resins, isocyanates, chromates and solvents when it comes to materials!! Haha

With all this body work thread. What is the plan for the drivetrain?

Totally stock? Mild upgrades? Is this a matching numbers car?

With all this body work thread. What is the plan for the drivetrain?

Totally stock? Mild upgrades? Is this a matching numbers car?

It's going to turn into a boring bodywork thread over the winter, haha. I haven't started on drivetrain yet, mainly because my job has slowed down over the oil crash, so no overtime = no engine parts! Any money I have will go into the very pricey materials I'll need to do the bodywork/paint.

It's going to look totally stock everywhere but I'm going to build a 360 dressed as a 340 with X heads, factory exhaust manifolds, valve covers, intake and air cleaner. The original 340 is long gone and the car came with a virgin 360 so I'm just gonna build it up with forged Pistons, balanced (so I can put a 340 vibration dampener on it) and fully rollerized.. It should go good! I was gonna do a stroker 360 but it won't breathe properly with stock components and I think a healthy 360 will be plenty for the car!

I don't agree with a stroker not breathing with stock stuff. F.A.ST. cars runs 11s with a sb. Something to think about.

-
Back