1970 Swinger 340 Hemi Orange 4 speed

-
I think it's called, paint, hardwood floor and a girlfriend boys.

Here's an idea, let's start a fabo collection and donate it to him if he resumes the build right away?

I've got withdrawl too. Lol

Haha you guys are hilarious! I don't have any updates to show you, I took a week off from working on the car and ended up helping my dad get his car running. i will do some work on it next week!

I'll take donations! :D haha

Here's a pic of my Dads Chevelle 427 4 speed 2dr post he's been building for 5yrs
15E97E9E-01EF-40E3-A65A-4627CC4D3E9D_zpsgqedso5u.jpg

Not sure which way you are going wheel wise, but I have a set of NOS 70 hubcaps.
Send me a pm if your interested.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,152
Nice Chevelle. Bet it hauls with that 427.

Not sure which way you are going wheel wise, but I have a set of NOS 70 hubcaps.
Send me a pm if your interested.

Damn! I had a hard time getting a complete set! I wish I would have known sooner..

Nice Chevelle. Bet it hauls with that 427.

Yeah i think it will haul ***!

Still no progress to post, sorry guys! I have been doing maintenance on my truck which I neglected for to long.. Plus my GF's car since winter is coming and I don't want to be working on our daily drivers in the winter.

I did track down two more 340 rims, so I have a complete set and spare finally! These rims are hard to find!

I'm gonna get them blasted and powder coated gloss black so the paint will hold up better with the wheel covers.

Holy Crap. You're a friggin alien!
You're build is out of this world... I'm absolutely blown away.

whew!i got to post 500.

nice work!and nice to see another car saved!

i'll hafta check out the rest later....one note tho,the radiator support on driver side is where there should be a partial v.i.n. and as nice as this car is going to be i would weld that in.

mike bee

keep this progress coming! Love all the documentation your doing. Great work!

Awesome build and unbelievable detail. The finished product is going to be amazing

Hey guys, sorry for not being around lately.. I've been trying to stay busy with lots of side work, so unfortunately my car is on the back burner to keep up with bills, :(. It hasn't gone anywhere and I plan to get back at it ASAP. The economy tanked here in Alberta and I think everywhere else in the world with the low oil prices (I have an oil related job) so I've had a lot of cutbacks at work.

In the meantime I've been doing sheetmetal repair on the side and the odd mechanical job. I've recently started looking into starting up a business with my dad doing restorations. I plan on starting it up very slow and eventually getting a shop and do it as a second job. I like working on older cars, especially Mopars! Next weekend I get the honor to do a little paint work and rust repair on a 1967 Hemi GTX!

I still plan on getting my car in paint this year, so I will start back up on it again very soon.

Love it Randy can't wait, and can't wait for more pics....waiting patiently :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your work. The shop could be a good idea I think what your talent you would have more than you could do. Anyway we will be here waiting hope to hear from you soon.

Sorry for the huge delay! Chapter two of the Swinger begins this summer, bodywork and paint.

I ran into some really tough times last year and ended up parting with the car to my cousin. I kept it in the family with intentions on owning it again one day.. one year later she’s back and I’m going to go full tilt on it again. I already have all the materials and access to a paint booth so this years goal is to get in EV2!

Sorry for the huge delay! Chapter two of the Swinger begins this summer, bodywork and paint.

I ran into some really tough times last year and ended up parting with the car to my cousin. I kept it in the family with intentions on owning it again one day.. one year later she’s back and I’m going to go full tilt on it again. I already have all the materials and access to a paint booth so this years goal is to get in EV2!

This is fantastic news! Anxiously awaiting your new posts here in cowtown. Sounds like you fell victim to the downturn up there too!
Can’t wait, glad you got it back, keep up,the great work and awesome inspiration.
Steve

Randy! Welcome back, I suspected tough times set you back but i’m glad your able to rebound and get your beloved Dart back and move ahead. There will be lots of members glad to see you back.
Danny

This is fantastic news! Anxiously awaiting your new posts here in cowtown. Sounds like you fell victim to the downturn up there too!
Can’t wait, glad you got it back, keep up,the great work and awesome inspiration.
Steve

Thanks Steve! Yeah it was pretty tough times for the oil industry.

Randy! Welcome back, I suspected tough times set you back but i’m glad your able to rebound and get your beloved Dart back and move ahead. There will be lots of members glad to see you back.
Danny

Thanks Danny! Yeah it was a huge setback, I’m sure you’re light years ahead of me now. I’ll have to come check out your car for inspiration!

Hey Randy we have missed you. Your build has set the bar for the rest of us out here can't wait to see it finished. Looking forward to your new post welcome back!!!

-
Back