1971 Dodge Demon Hemi install

-
Question , ok 2 ...

1, does Hemidenny sell those custom K frames ? I see there was no hammering of the pass side inner fender ????

2 , anyone tried a set of stock hemi manifolds instead of headers in an A body ?

In seriously considered a set on my first green Duster.....extrude honed to the max...to improve performance and to lessen weight...and for the stock look. pretty sure they fit with my K -frame set-up...what doesn't??? expensive and lower performance keep me away...maybe someday though?

anybody want to send me a set...I will test fit em for ya...no charge

Even if they fit (and I doubt that) they weigh a ton!

I really don't care what they weight , I'm sure a pair of 2" full tube headers aren't lightweight either .

I'm sure a pair of 2" full tube headers aren't lightweight either .
Actually they are very lightweight (about 12 lbs each).

If you compare them (wish I had a stock one right now with a scales),
you would find that a street hemi cast iron exhaust manifold (even
without the headpipe that goes back to where the header ends)
would probably outweigh the header by at least four to one.

The shipping weight for a complete set of Dougs or Hookers, even in
2-1/4" and including the box and hardware is only 26 lbs.

Doc's right. Not that it'll matter to you for your build but the
last time I hefted a stock 426 cast iron exhaust manifold it
felt like it weighed 60-70 lbs (but, then I'm probably a weakling).

That's easily another 100 lbs on the front end. Aluminum heads can
save another 50 lbs and an aluminum block saves 220 lbs.

....Just Sayin.........

Thanks for not answering my question , again I really don't care what they weigh , I have them , I do not have headers .

Johnrr...I tried the factory manifolds in my first Hemi/A-Body build .....no go ....might fit w/aftermarket K...but definately NOT with factoty K and/or torsion bars

have you seen TTi NEW headers for a Hemi/A boby w/factory style K?
...tight fit...but nice

Actually they are very lightweight (about 12 lbs each).

If you compare them (wish I had a stock one right now with a scales),
you would find that a street hemi cast iron exhaust manifold (even
without the headpipe that goes back to where the header ends)
would probably outweigh the header by at least four to one.

The shipping weight for a complete set of Dougs or Hookers, even in
2-1/4" and including the box and hardware is only 26 lbs.

Just to prove your point I weighed one hedman husler 1 7/8 tube B/RB header I have , thick tube walls and flange , on my bathroom scale , me holding it it was about 14lbs .

Then I weighed the right side repop hemi exh manifold I have , 21 lbs with me holding it , alone it was about 20.8

I'm not seeing 4 to 1 .... and I imagine a TTi hemi header weighs more than the hedman husler ...

Just to prove your point I weighed one hedman husler 1 7/8 tube B/RB header I have , thick tube walls and flange , on my bathroom scale , me holding it it was about 14lbs .

Then I weighed the right side repop hemi exh manifold I have , 21 lbs with me holding it , alone it was about 20.8

I'm not seeing 4 to 1 .... and I imagine a TTi hemi header weighs more than the hedman husler ...

are you adding the weight of the additional exhaust from the manifold to the end of the header in your calculation?

are you adding the weight of the additional exhaust from the manifold to the end of the header in your calculation?

No I am not and once again , I DO NOT give a rats rear end if the manifold weighs more than a header , and the performance difference is not an issue.

I would just like to know if they will fit .

If no one knows because they haven't tried that's fine and just say so, that is better this stupid pissing contest over the weight of a header vs. a cast iron manifold .

I asked julesdawiperman the question and will report back , he helped build a 68 Dart and I'm pretty sure they ysed the manifolds...

HELLO Johnrr...look above..I answered your question (post 389).

man...who put the burr under your saddle???? We BS about a lot of different stuff on this thread ALL the time...We certainly welcome you to join us but remember.... this isn't your thread....and if we want attitude...we'll shut off the friggin' computer and listen to our wives....just say'n

Mopar to 'ya
Denny

HELLO Johnrr...look above..I answered you question (post 389).

man...who put the burr under your saddle???? We BS about a lot of different stuff on this thread ALL the time...We certainly welcome you to join us but remember.... this isn't your thread....and if we want attitude...we'll shut off the friggin' computer and listen to our wives....just say'n

Mopar to 'ya
Denny

Denny...................AMEN! Very well said. :violent1:

......again I really don't care what they weigh......
See.....now that's your problem JohnRR.

Your telling me they weigh 21 lbs apiece and I said it felt
like 60 lbs+ to me!

How do you think that makes me feel?

CRIPES! Now the Doctor has to go examine himself!

See.....now that's your problem JohnRR.

Your telling me they weigh 21 lbs apiece and I said it felt
like 60 lbs+ to me!

How do you think that makes me feel?

CRIPES! Now the Doctor has to go examine himself!

Don't forget the rubber gloves and KY..... just to be safe!

I (too) said 60-70 lbs. Heck I would have bet on 75 lbs!

Now I better see the Doc (It's not invasive is it?)

If it is, can the nurse do it?

I (too) said 60-70 lbs. Heck I would have bet on 75 lbs!

Now I better see the Doc (It's not invasive is it?)

If it is, can the nurse do it?

this is why I always wrap my hands, like a burn victim when I visit the sperm bank ( nurse, any chance you can give me a hand?)

HELLO Johnrr...look above..I answered your question (post 389).

Mopar to 'ya
Denny

Sorry, I missed that reply, you posted it while I was weighing the parts.

THANK YOU ...

I apologize , I got caught up in the moment with the typical internet BS of people giving opinions instead of just answering the question.

I apologize , I got caught up in the moment.......
I read some of your posts in the interim.

Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Your opinions will be treated with deserved respect.

Just remember, we like to enjoy ourselves and at times
go off on tangents unknown.

Nice.... Always wanted to try a bottom out engine removal.. Let me guess 3-4 hour removal ?

-
Back