1971 Dodge Demon Hemi install

-
Nice Motor!
What headers are these and who makes them?
To elaborate on HemiMarks answer........They are TTi's but they are
B-E body TTi's and only fit (and fit nicely) with one of HemiDenny's
custom built K-members.

23.jpg

44.jpg

To elaborate on HemiMarks answer........They are TTi's but they are
B-E body TTi's and only fit (and fit nicely) with one of HemiDenny's
custom built K-members.

23.jpg

44.jpg

Will they work with any other crossmember? I know that the B/E body HEMI headers were used in the original SS/AA cars with some minor "adjustments"

Will they work with any other crossmember? I know that the B/E body HEMI headers were used in the original SS/AA cars with some minor "adjustments"
It's possible that the TTi's will work with other aftermarket crossmembers (Magnum Force etc).
You would have to ask them. If you are using a stock K-frame You could design and build your
own (Photo - HemiDenny) or you could adapt Hooker 426 SS/AA Hemi Dart competition headers.
They hang a little low though.

eng472hdrs.jpg

Yes, too many headers hang low on Mopars, damn it!
Too bad nobody is picking up when Denny left off and can make more of those front end units. At the risk of offending some people, I don't like Magnum force at all. Their design leaves a lot to be desired. I am sure if someone took the time to make headers that actually fit without major headaches they would be worth it. Too many "one of" designs out there if you know what I mean.

Actually Denny did make another modification because the one still hung about .75 " further than he wanted. This way the exhaust fir better and correct.

Where Denny left off??? Explain?......Denny does not take pics....he just works

Actually Denny did make another modification because the one still hung about .75 " further than he wanted. This way the exhaust fir better and correct.

Where Denny left off??? Explain?......Denny does not take pics....he just works

Sorry but I am confused about Denny as I did a search and did not find him. How do I get one of these front ends?

After reletlessly hounding Denny for some more pictures he took some
this morning and here is a link.

These show the Dana rearend, exhaust and underside of the K-frame.

The car is now slated to come apart for final powdercoating etc.

http://demonizer.shutterfly.com/

Looks like things are moving along. Jim's Demon looking good! Denny's car dipped in silver paint now! See ya at the Nats!

Hopefully....getting other companies to do something or anything in a timely fashion is almost impossible.

This thread RULES!!!

I have two reccomendations...

1)Never alter the EL5 paint as it looks to nice!!

2)Don't put HEMI anywhere on the car! Let them wonder :-D

WELL....one good thing this week so far. FedEx found my lost grille head light bezels.....they say the tag fell off of the box (have you ever tried removing one of the tags????) ... it is on it's way to HemiDenny's now. But the Demon will not be ready for the Nats

I haven't comment on threads like this...well.....honestly because stuff like this is somethin I'll never be able to do. But fellas, I gotta say, yall are doin some really fine work here. I'm glad somebody at least is blessed enough to be involved in a build like this and somebody else is blessed enough to own it.

Jim, Your Demon is outstanding looking................. I want the A/C setup!

And I want to thank you for letting me plant my foot in your 68 Dart. My pecker is still stiff! It was my highlight of the weekend...

Wow the Demon looks very sweet Jim. Hope to see it in person sometime.

John

This car turned out VERY nice! The stance seems perfect to me, exhaust tucked up tight, all looks good. Nice car Jim!!!! Good to see all the guys at the Nats, well, in the hotel parking lot knocking down some cold ones. Jim, Todd, Denny, Dave, and Hank. You too Mark. Good times! -db

-
Back