1971 Hemi Cuda Convertable SOLD

-

Albert19

Reaction score
Mecum Auction in Seattle this weekend.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5tQm8HBB2Y&feature=youtu.be"]MECUM SOLD $3.5 Million - 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible - YouTube[/ame]

Wow...

How many people in Detroit thought that any Plymouth would ever sell for three and a half million dollars?

i'd like to no why the 67 Vette was selling for more then 3.9 million and counting!!!!!! not sure why that car was worth so much more, CONFUSED it to me was just another Shitty Chevy!!!!!!!!

i'd like to no why the 67 Vette was selling for more then 3.9 million and counting!!!!!! not sure why that car was worth so much more, CONFUSED it to me was just another Shitty Chevy!!!!!!!!

Because it's an L88 Corvette. 1 of approx 17.

Nice to see fine cars but the price range is something else. I wonder how many of the top dollar Mopars that are auctioned every year get any miles on them??

do they have anything in the clearance rack for us true Mopar guys????....you know, without all those zeros?

do they have anything in the clearance rack for us true Mopar guys????....you know, without all those zeros?

LOL, the zeros dont bother me its where they put that damned decimal point that's frustrating!
Love that cuda though....only 1 known to exist, BUT in my mind it is only a car.

I'm glad it sold for that price.
That means more good reproduction parts will be made in the future for our Mopars.
The future looks good for us.

You folks don't actually think that car is WORTH that much $$ do you???

unbelievable. I cannot imagine having the kind of money to throw around that you can "invest" in a muscle car for over $3.5 Million. Mind boggling.

Gotta love the invisible phone bidder.....reminds me of bidding against the wall....nobody there!

You can tell he was still hesitant to let it go at that price. :sad11:

It was projected to go 4-6 mil,so yeah that's a hard pill to swallow.May be chump change to seem but 1/2 a million is a lifetime for most.
As far as being worth it,everything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it so yeah it was worth that.Sad thing is the guy that bought it will probably keep it for a year then selling for more when the market is right.

I was standing next to the phone bidder station when the hemi sold, it was crazy. Lots of people there to watch. Auction sold 52 percent of Fridays cars and less than that on sat. My challenger went across the block at 6:30 with maybe a dozen after me. Not a lot of bidders that late in the show , an afternoon slot would have been better . Placement was determined by the order you signed up. Bidding made it to 30k with a 35 reserve. Was a expensive car show for me but it was a lot of fun. Nwdart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 198
-
Back