1972 formal black 340 duster "survivor"

-
How do you keep finding these unmolested originals??? What's your secret? Enjoy!!!

Beautiful Car. All original and with documentation that is the find of a lifetime. Only thing that would make it better is a 4 speed.

Dave, will have to get over there again and see the car on the rack. If you do get it on the rack before I get back over, I would like to see a few pics of the red paint on rear brake drums and bottom of third member to see if there is paint code for gear ratio..

Dave, will have to get over there again and see the car on the rack. If you do get it on the rack before I get back over, I would like to see a few pics of the red paint on rear brake drums and bottom of third member to see if there is paint code for gear ratio..

I thought I had posted that area but it appears not so here ya go....

Passenger side:

1972BLACK340DUSTER059.jpg

Driver's side:

1972BLACK340DUSTER062.jpg

Notice the absence of the balance weight on the driver's side drum....

I forgot to photo the flat area of the 3rd member just below the pinion seal but there are two blue paint daubs there, one in front of the other..will get pic tomorrow...below are the markings I had already posted with exception of the white R on top of axle tube just to the right of the brake line junction block, missed that one a while back....

006-1.jpg

And this is stenciled on the passenger side of the 3rd member just below pinion snubber bracket.....4Y11 with a sideways A

004-1.jpg

These heavily splotched white areas are on the drivers side of 3rd member towards top.....note the Pentastar above the 9....

008-2.jpg

Great detail on the brake drum. Looking at pics on phone, but paint looks heavy and applied with a brush. Do you have a pic of the drum sides to see where the paint line stops? Can u see brush marks? The yellow axle and third member markings are the same on my car....

Great detail on the brake drum. Looking at pics on phone, but paint looks heavy and applied with a brush. Do you have a pic of the drum sides to see where the paint line stops? Can u see brush marks? The yellow axle and third member markings are the same on my car....

1972BLACK340DUSTER064.jpg

Heavily brushed........but hardly any brush marks...can u tell the original owner experimented with a wider tire at one point? :)

Can't remember Tim, Do you have the two blue daubs under pinion seal area?

You can plainly see in the following photo's that the UCA were painted black...very little remains due to no primer and poor coverage...hey, it's was 72........

022.jpg

-
Back