1972 Plymouth scamp charging and grounding issue

-
Well the problem wasn't fix, the problem came back after an hour of it working. The light issue has come back again.

Well the problem wasn't fix, the problem came back after an hour of it working. The light issue has come back again.

Ok time to start all over "as if" it is a new problem.

In the meantime, what have you done so far as checking connections, especially the bulkhead connector, ignition switch, and headlight switch?

What are the symptoms?

Are your battery terminal connections tight? I assume you have cleaned the terminals and connectors....but are they tight? I bought a dart with similar issues, and turned out the previous owner had used the wrong battery which had terminals that were unnoticabley smaller....causing intermittent charging and connection issues.

Reminds me of an old friend and his Chevys. First a 68 Nova that repeatedly lost alternator, voltage regulator, or both. I grabbed the battery ground cable and pulled the wire right out of the lug that was bolted to the block. Found and fixed.
A few years later and his 8? Chevy pickup. Big dist' with coil mounted on top.
The large red wire going to the BATT terminal on that thing wasn't properly routed and had a tiny chaffed spot where it would short to the intake manifold only after everything got good and hot. He could drive it work and back without issue. Head into town and it would die in the street. Get it started again and charging system was gone. By the time I got hands on it the fault was easily found. That wire was melted all about under the dash. Anyway...
In your case, I would be checking battery cables ( Positive all the way to the starter ), white engine harness connector at rear of right valve cover, white connector to ignition switch under steering column, and wiring to any aftermarket addons such as stereo.

Ok time to start all over "as if" it is a new problem.

In the meantime, what have you done so far as checking connections, especially the bulkhead connector, ignition switch, and headlight switch?

What are the symptoms?
Yes, as above. We need a lot more detail from you on what tests/checks have been done and the results of those tests/checks. I'll ask the same questions again about the recent work:

What do mean by bench tested? Test at a store on a machine or in your garage??

Can you descrtibe how it was determined that it was shorted out internally?

Where are these alternators coming from?

Is the 13.7v low to 15.6v high in the car? If so, is this at low idle and fast idle, or under what circumstances?

We can't do anything but guess without further info and answers to questions.

-
Back