1973 Dart Sport unfinished project part II (not mine)

-

RzeroB

Reaction score
Up until a few days ago FABO member "Lemon Twist 340" aka Steve had a very nice looking 73 Dart Sport project that he was parting with (see FABO thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=261141 ) for way less than what he had in it, virtual peanuts, it was a whale of a deal. You couldn't beat the price Steve was asking. I attempted to buy it myself but I was a couple of hours too late and it was gone on New Years Day.

Turns out a local Georgian named Ken bought the project from Steve. Ken is a, dare I say it, a Chevy guy (gasp!) but he knew a heck of a deal when he saw one so he bought the Dart without hesitation. Being a Chevy guy he doesn't want to keep it but wants to "flip it", so its back up for sale (minus the four brand new tires which he is putting on a Camaro). Ken's ad can be found on the Athens GA Craigslist here http://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/4268202835.html Being that Ken bought the project to "flip" naturally the price has gone up - he is asking $7,500 - which still doesn't seem like a bad price for what you are getting, but it isn't the deal of the year like it was when Steve was selling it.

00101_1LSCIyKfUSV_600x450.jpg

You'd think he'd at least install the new motor and tranny and make it roadworthy before flipping it!

Yep saw that, you also would think he would use his own pics of the car, not the ones from steves garage. Wish a Mopar guy would have got on that deal.

Even at $7,500 it still sounds like a pretty decent deal.

The current seller Ken told me the body and paint were terrific - the metal is completely rust free and straight and the paint is "real slick". He said the interior was perfect too. Just needs the engine compartment gone through as described in Steve's original ad.

Ken kept telling me repeatedly how amazed he was that Steve let it go for as little as he did. He just couldn't believe how he got the car and all the extras (engine, trans, tires, etc) for such a low price.

Ken says he has all sorts of calls on it already and doesn't expect for it to last long. I can't work it out, so I thought that I would throw it back up here on FABO so that a real Mopar guy (or gal) could grab it instead of some yahoo off of Craigslist.

But what really disappoints about reading this thread, the original thread and this whole deal was that that my buddy and fellow board member Mopar Al was just waiting to hear from the seller to re-confirm his driving to GA from PA…. Mopar Al thought it was going to make it his summer driver….unfortunately only to hear back the seller sold it to a local GA guy….. now to see the new buyer is a chevy guy and a car flipper who did nothing but pick it up and now he wants more then double what it was listed for here (IMO) just seems wrong to me to ask that much more and re-list it here..... :-(

something fishy going here...…. how I just posted on this thread an hr ago about how this isn't right getting reposted here by a flipper for more money when another member wanted to buy it to use as a driver… and it mysteriously gets deleted….

...especially when I get an email update for being subscribed to a thread that had zero posts prior to Gear Jammer's post… did the mods delete posts here??

Original poster should of stepped up and offered more. Might have bought it out from under the Chevy guy.

Riddler

ad went up on dec 22. car sold jan 1st. seems to me there was plenty of time for a mopar guy to buy it. apparently none stepped up and bought it. money talks bs walks man. don't like it you should have gotten there first.

I think someone could find a better car for the new $7500 asking price, but I could be wrong since I haven't seen the car in person. I noticed the flipper didn't post the unflattering pics of the car, only the ones where it looks the best. Too bad it went this way, but if the seller wanted to sell, they wanted to sell, done deal.

when the price dropped to $3500 i contacted my son to let him know about the Dart. by the time he got my message ( he is in kuwait ) the car sold. truck and trailer was ready to roll...

:banghead:

Gorgeous car...petty heart breaking that someone who loves it didn't snatch it up. As mentioned above, it sounds like it might still be worth what is being asked at the new price...and hopefully it will go to an adoring home and live a long, happy life.

I'll just add that while I'm a huge sucker for ORANGE cars, Hemi Orange doesn't look quite right on a '73+ Dart Sport. It's about as off-putting as a coat of Plum Crazy on a '65 Polara or something. :p

The paint quality looks great and I would gladly live with it...but it's always nice to see someone else try a paint color before you do.

-
Back