1973-DUSTER-Oregon.

-
Installed the pulleys and got the new valve covers in

IMG_5143_1.jpg

IMG_5146_1.jpg

Just thought i would ask if any body knows who made these pistons ?? also have a Dimond with a T in the middle of it on the under side.

IMG_5096_1.JPG

It's originally a TRW number, if I'm not mistaken they are part of Federal-Mogul now...or vice versa. Nice to have a face to put with the name and voice.
Just out of curiousity, why didn't you use the white parts car? Or is there damage the pic didn't show? No title?
I just wondered.
Alan

The white one has no title and a little rot on both rear lower quarters not bad. Its a fixer upper fore some one.

Stop making it look so easy dang it! Just kiddin of course, it's coming along real well, and I know the finished product will be great!

Grant

Just thought i would make room for some larger meats. Will reuse the inter part of the finder and add in about 2.75" spacer.

IMG_5147_1.JPG

IMG_5148_1.JPG

IMG_5149_1.JPG

IMG_5150_1.JPG

IMG_5152_1.JPG

IMG_5153_1.JPG

IMG_5154_1.JPG

well i haven't had much time lately, but that's the story with most of us. Got the inside of the wells moved in, will get the material to fill in the gap this week. Here are some picts of the progress.

IMG_5225_1.jpg

IMG_5226_1.jpg

IMG_5227_1.jpg

IMG_5228_1.jpg

IMG_5230_1.jpg

very, very nice:cheers: your moving right a long, keep the updates and pics coming, can't wait for the next instalment:read2:

great job so far. I miss the west coast. Father just moved here from Hermistan a few years ago.
I misst the rolling hils, mtn.s and the Columbia. Beautiful out here!
That and the fact that you can still find old A bodies in fair shape! That Donor car is in better shape than most build cars here on the east coast! LOL

Getting any thing done with the way money and time is, its hard to do.Gathered up some steel and got the wheel wells welded up, Got a lot of clean up to do yet. Then i will be ready to seal all the seams and paint the bottom of the car.

IMG_5236_1.jpg

IMG_5237_1.jpg

IMG_5238_1.jpg

IMG_5239_1.jpg

IMG_5240_1.jpg

All the metal mods are finished so i thought i would seal up the bottom. Then i can get started on floor pans for rust seal, as well as the trunk.

IMG_5267_1.jpg

IMG_5260_1.jpg

IMG_5261_1.jpg

IMG_5262_1.jpg

IMG_5263_1.jpg

IMG_5265_1.jpg

IMG_5266_1.jpg

It has been a busy summer not getting any thing done on the duster,so time to see if any one has a set of 373 gears for 741 case

Well i got time to get the slots cut for the headliner bow pockets. Changing from 73 cardboard to 70 cloth headliner. Lots of changes to be made when you make a 70 out of a 73 Duster, but hay any progress is good'''''.

-
Back