1973 Duster

-
I did the dash this way because I do not like the a/c vents sitting under the dash also this way I can have a nice radio in the car. It gets hot here in Texas so everybit of cold air hitting you is better.

also although it is a little time until I get one I think I am going to go with the Keisler 4 speed auto. this way it is computer controlled and it will have the overdrive.

almost the same cost as doing the 727 with the gear vendor.

I am trying to get a good deal on a Indy Cylinder 6.1 hemi but they are not budging on the price. My nose is bleeding the price is so high.

The drip rail removed does not effect the window in any way either I think it makes the Duster look cleaner.

I have to decide on a side mirror now because I smoothed out everything else. Maybe a Old challenger mirror? well see..

Hey guys what do you think about the cowl where the outside a/c vent were. Again trying something different.
I told you the wrong price for the stroked crate engine....5599 bucks...I have built two roller motors...a 340 and a 440...no way could I beat that price

I told you the wrong price for the stroked crate engine....5599 bucks...I have built two roller motors...a 340 and a 440...no way could I beat that price
bremereric that is a good price for a 408, I am almost completely sure (I know kinda vague) that I am going to go with a 6.1 hemi motor from Indy heads.
http://indyheads.com/oldschool.html
I am talking with the owner trying to get a better price

bremereric that is a good price for a 408, I am almost completely sure (I know kinda vague) that I am going to go with a 6.1 hemi motor from Indy heads.
http://indyheads.com/oldschool.html
I am talking with the owner trying to get a better price
oh no that 408 is cheaper and makes more hp and torque for lots cheaper...it's old school also...best bang for the buck...show him the muscle motor site and maybe he will change his price....JAT

OK so it would not be fair of me to not show the women behind the build.
I was content driving my Duster everyday and having to add oil once a month, but my Wife wanted me to tear it down, even knowing that when I do something I sometimes go above and way beyond.

And No she does not drive the bike but looks good on the back and yes this is why I want a SRT-8 motor in my Duster.

It is a great car to drive

do your research on the motor i think you could build up a 5.7 to make just as much or more power than that 6.1. 400hp is not all that much. add a big cam and a nice set of heads to the 5.7 and you would be there. and you could pick up a 5.7 for 1500, if you keep your eye out. heads and cam for 2500. and your in it for 4000. that leaves plenty of cash out there to do other things with.

I still have some time to decide. I made the decision that I will not buy any motor until after the first of November, this way I can weigh all my options and not rush into something.

I am also trying to get the owner of Indy cylinder head to sponsor me with the motor somewhat. I will let you know what happens with him.

T,
is you gas cap anything like the one I used?
Great build by the way, there are sure going to be some hot Dusters in Texas.
Andrew

hey Andrew,

Well I was going to say I have never seen anyone else use that style but it is real close to what you are using. When I saw that style I had to have it to keep the side
smooth as can be.
It was hard to find someone who makes it bigger than the harley tank size. the one I am getting is about 3 inches how big is the one you are using.

Good work on the build thus far

MAN,
3" would have been really cool!!!!
I think it was about 2.25", which is why I had to cut out the patch and start over. Now I did weld a piece of the down tube to the back of the inlet so it will fit a semi-stock fuel cell.
Andrew

I'd go with the 6.1, even better with a supercharger. With all the custom pro- touring mods it's a better fit I think. Just my .02.

I would love to put a super charger in with a 6.1, but the extra 8k for the super charger is going to take me way over the top.

It would be nice to have, if you are interested in sponsoring me. HA Ha

Firewall getting worked on and new support braces.
Old trunk shot no rust even in here.

And new trunk shot with new fuel tank.

I really like the gas tank and how it will be filled with gas from the the original location. What does the bottom of the trunk look like?

the tank is slanted so the fuel will move toward the front. I am in California for a few weeks but when I get back I will post a pic of how the tank looks from the underside it has a very smooth and nice look to it and fir perfectly where the spare tire used to go. well that space and a lot more.

Just giving an update to what has been going on. I have been waiting for my flush gas cap for weeks now. I guess the guy who makes them lost his shop after a trip to Sturgis and has not made any for a while so I and others are waiting for the cap. (So if that guy reads this hurry up and get it done).
Other than that I am going to the Good Guys car show this weekend in Texas, I will try to get some good pics and maybe post a few for everyone. Do not know if there will be any Dusters, but I am sure there will be hundreds of Camaros there for the people who want to have the same old thing.
Well hopefully I will get the part soon. I have been looking at getting a complete 6.1 system with the factory 5 speed to go behind it.

Has anyone stuck a factory 5 speed auto in a A- body I am just wondering how much trans hump work I am going to have to do to make it fit.

Sorry I meant the crash of fabo, I am happy to say I did not crash my car. That would suck because I would have to crash the car on a trailer and I have not done that yet.

here are the pictures that were here before the fabo crash

I have to get rid of the power steering for my new engine.

Attachments

• dipped.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 934
  • duster 014.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 954
  • duster 010.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 910
  • duster 008.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 948
  • duster 006.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 952
  • duster 005.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 951
  • duster 003.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 947
  • duster 01.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 956
  • duster 001.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 961
  • cowel.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 950
here are a couple of pictures from the Texas Goodguys car show.
I know a couple are not Mopars but they were cool shots, plus the last one will probably be my new home if my wife see's my receipts from my duster. ha ha

Attachments

• goodguys 047.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 909
  • goodguys 099.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 926
  • goodguys 087.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 924
  • goodguys 043.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 919
  • goodguys 038.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 929
  • goodguys 034.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 902
  • goodguys 022.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 939
Found out Friday that the gas cap I have been waiting for will be delivered either monday or tuesday after over a month on back order. When I get it I will poost pictures of it.

well my space has been dead for a while but I just ordered my 6.1 motor so I cannot wait for it to arrive. Looks like two weeks or so.

good for you, you'll love driving your duster with an engine from this century! looking forward to your progress

-
Back