-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dart2NV

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
"Hello Everyone" Today I purchased a 1974 Swinger from a customer of mine who inherit it from his father back in 1998 * My customer was recently diagnosed with cancer & is under going radiation treatments {yes all the guys are praying for him} * Anyway his dad purchased it new & I have been servicing the Dart for the past 11 years * I know for certain the 80,000 miles is original - as it only had 29k on it when I first started working on it.

Before anyone get's crazy on me - believe me I have no illusions - the body is rough - the Northeast winters weren't kind to the Dart at all - but interior is very nice & it runs great * It's very original & totally unmolested * Whether it be for a winter beater - daily driver or parts car that's entirely your decision * If it doesn't sell - I will definately part the ole girl out * I want to give my FABO brother's & sister's first go around for the next week - then ebay & if it doesn't sell there it comes apart.

Okay that said - here's the skinny on the Swinger * Body rough - LOL
* Floors aren't much better - but definately repairable * Trunk including spare tire well - good * Sub frame good with some surface rust - 2 years ago I repaired the passenger side torsion bar hex nut mount with a prefabed unit from the Safe T Cap people.

The Parchment interior is very nice * I was told the Dart had seat covers on it since new - the ones you see in the picture * The dash is perfect * Headliner very nice * Carpet was faded badly - so I dyed it black & put in new carpeted floor mats * All the gauges work including the fuel gauge & speedo * Package tray is perfect - car was defiantely not a leaker * The bottom of the driver's door panel is a little messed up - my customer was borned with club foot & it used to drag against the door getting in & out.

Now for the engine * It has a 318 with the original 2 barrel & a choke that works * All oil changes were done at 3,000 miles using Castrol GTX & half quart of Marvel Mystery - he learned that from his dad * Yes it has A/C which did work - every spring I would put in a pound of R-12 & it would last all summer - I ran out of the R-12 two years ago so I haven't charged it in some time * It has power steering & power disc brakes * Tires are decent in the rear - needs tires in front * The rear spring are weak - so last year I installed a pair of air shocks for him * The only thing that doesn't go with the Dart - is the AM radio - it plays great & the one in my Dart Sport doesn't - so guess where the radio going - LOL * It does have a spare tire - jack - handle & base.

For you FABO members the price is $1,500.00 as is - where is * I'm also going to start a list for those of you that need parts in the event it doesn't sell & I decide to part it * Get on the list now - as it will be first come / first serve * You can PM me - email at [email protected] or call 845-473-9300 days 845-546-5523 nights & weekends before 9pm EST * The Dart is located in New York 12601 * Thanks very much for looking & feel free to asked questions * Dan

DSC05065.jpg

DSC05062.jpg

DSC05066.jpg

DSC05071.jpg

DSC05068.jpg

DSC05073.jpg

DSC05072.jpg

So far NEMESIS has dibbs on the complete dash with wiring * He may also get the front seat - unless I can sell the interior as a whole * I told him if the Dart doesn't sell here or on Ebay by 10/11/09 - the ole gal comes apart on the 12th.

I need the High back front bench seat with arm rest -- don't care about the condition as I will recover -- but if its for sale I am interested.

I would also be interested in the whole front disc brake set up -- complete only though, not interested in just parts of it.

Fantastic amount of replies for parts - I have everyone's names written down on a first come - first serve bases * I just want to let everyone know - I will only ship the smaller items * Cost of freight is just way too much - unless you want to call a freight company yourself
& arrange shipment & payment * I just sold a Dodge 2500 4x4 transmission with transfer case to a guy in Indiana - he contracted Road Way to do the pick-up * All I had to do was crate it up safe & sound * Thanks again to all FABO members for their responses.

plastic glovebox linner with light, lens, and switch.

I'm interested in both or one of the tail-light bezels, pending pictures to see their condition, as well as the tail panel, again pending pictures.
Let me know.

I'd honestly love to buy the car, I wish I could, but alas, a 3 hour trip just isn't in the cards for me right now.

Hello all * Since there's only been offers to buy parts & not the old gal itself - I've decided to put it on ebay earlier then I said I would * The item # is 180412934333 if you'd like to see more pictures * The listing runs out on 10-3-09 * If it doesn't sell there - parting starts on the following week.

like i said im interested in the ac set up and also the fender to firewall support braces. Thanks

I got the glovebox from another souse so I'm out.
I have to say though... The human body is worth more in parts too but parting a functioning one isn't cool. Same applies to cars in my opinion.
I dont know if that car is worth 1500 in drive away condition. Regardless how clean it is, it's still a rusty 35 year old means of transportation and nothing more.
Majority of cheap car buyers are young burger flippers and others with limited funds. Too often they get in a 87 to 95 model something ( 1000 dollars or less ) and drive it a year maybe before it dies. What they have let is worth nothing but its weight in scrap.
The lucky buyer would get in that old mopar and drive it a year or more before it dies and still be able to recoop some of there investment if they are willing to get some grease under their nails. If not, the mopar will weigh more than the average Accord. LOL
Excuse my ramble on. Good luck to all :)

Just want to let everyone know - I sold the Dart today * I it sold to a Young Gun that was brought up in a Mopar family * He also purchased a set of Rally rims that we put on & a used dual exhaust set-up I had saved off another projected * The expression on his face when he left the shop was priceless * It does my old heart good to see a young guy in something other then a Honda or Toyota - even if it was a rusty Dart Swinger * Thanks again for all the offers to purchase parts - sorry maybe next time.

Its cool about the parts, im glad to see it go to someone. Espec. a young mopar person in know cheap stuff was all i could afford.(still is)!!!

Thanks gentlemen for the kind words * It isn't that often you see a young gun driving something older then he is * Even my youngest son who claims is favorite car is an AAR Cuda - drive's a Jeep Grand Cherokee * Here's a kid that grew up with nothing but hot rods around him all his life * Oh well - that's the younger generation & we still love-em.

1Dart2NV,
I bought my son a 1974 Dart Swinger for $1,000 just over a year ago, and I know what you mean about the expression on a new driver/kids face. We've worked a year on it and he just took second place in a local car show in the Classic MOPAR class, he was so proud. All his buddies drive Honda, Mitsu's, etc, but his chromed out 318 and clean engine bay with Cragar S/S wheels and BFG's always gets the attention from his friends when they come over. Not to mention he has learned much about cars, MOPAR's inparticular and can talk cars and engines while his buddies don't know a HEMI from a dish-washer.

Dart up-date: Today the young man & myself installed 2 hood scoopes from an old 70 Dart hood I had * Really doesn't look bad & he loves it *
I think the kid has adopted me - LOL

Oh well,didnt get the parts but glad to see its gone to a good home!

Hi guys * Little update on the old Swinger * Today we got all the medal work welded in & put on the first coat of filler & shape it * If all goes smoothly - could very well be in primer by the end of the week - Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back