1974 Swinger...let the pain begin

-
that goes for your wife too...and fellow soldiers

now...those tubs are huge!....can't wait for more **** (pics)

Well i have the rear panel in place and welded tight, Just need to align the junk bumper and really fit the roll pan. I ran outta daylight. Not too bad but i can tell ya i will never do this again, LOL...i say that but im a glutton for punishment. Plus hung the doors i got from 340Plot today as well, just needed to get them out from under my feet! :D

Attachments

• rear3.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 276
  • rear4.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 275
  • doors.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 263
keep up the good work, cant wait to see the Hemi in there, ive got a soft spot for the (unwanted) 74 a-bodys myself, Ive had my 74 valiant for over 12 years now.

attachment.php

I've seen that at the Mopar Nats. Love it. My mother had a new '74 Scamp with a /6 and a sunroof. It was Black with Black interior and Black vinyl top. I remember as a little boy sitting on the roof (thru the sunroof hole), at the drive in movie theater in that car. My dad sold it 2 years later because it was rusting away already. He tells me it had new fenders installed under warranty.

Anyways your car reminds me of that car from when I was a kid. I love the color as well. I took a bunch of photos of it when I saw it.

Floyd - cool project. This is the first I saw the thread (Denny mentioned in his thread about your thread and here I am). I'm subscribed.

attachment.php

I've seen that at the Mopar Nats. Love it. My mother had a new '74 Scamp with a /6 and a sunroof. It was Black with Black interior and Black vinyl top. I remember as a little boy sitting on the roof (thru the sunroof hole), at the drive in movie theater in that car. My dad sold it 2 years later because it was rusting away already. He tells me it had new fenders installed under warranty.

Anyways your car reminds me of that car from when I was a kid. I love the color as well. I took a bunch of photos of it when I saw it.

Floyd - cool project. This is the first I saw the thread (Denny mentioned in his thread about your thread and here I am). I'm subscribed.

Thanks! Denny def motivated me on this one for sure, ill be parked beside that silver beast of his at the NATS next year guaranteed!!! :cheers:

Thanks! Denny def motivated me on this one for sure, ill be parked beside that silver beast of his at the NATS next year guaranteed!!! :cheers:

Looking forward to seein' it. I'm the co pilot in the HEMI Demon.

So are you planning a chage for the front end?
Grille-bumpers etc.I have a similar build on my 74 Scamp
Using a 69 Valiant grille-71 Duster hood-bumper

Attachments

• empty rear.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 277
  • final fit.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 271
yup, i made a deal on 70' fenders and i have the front pan and hood from a 72--plus i am gonna install 70' rear side markers too...gonna be a franken beast but its what i want, i wont eel guilty for driving it and i enjoy every second of the build :)

yup, i made a deal on 70' fenders and i have the front pan and hood from a 72--plus i am gonna install 70' rear side markers too...gonna be a franken beast but its what i want, i wont eel guilty for driving it and i enjoy every second of the build :)

Go for it Floyd, I know I would if I could.

you guys will be like me ...when I'm asked what year??.....I answer...all of 'em

makes a good...."coffee getter"

Thats what im saying!!! honestly i watched your build and said, ya know- im gonna build what i want and have a blast doin it...ill get a numbers matchin 70' Duster later :)

I welded my side marker lights closed

I've enjoyed my build also but the scamp will end up completely different
than planned.There's been times I told friends to bring a gun over and put
me out of my MISERY

sorry Floyd ...no 70 Dart steering wheels....

wasn't much of anything really...but ...it is November in Ohio..BBRRRRRRR

My son and I found our "father/son" 74 Dart Swinger here in Kempner, Tx. You can check out all our work thus far at; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=44709. The thread is now 14 pages long. We also found the car on Craigslist for $1500. I offered the original owner $1000 and he took it and the car was ours. Here are some pics taken this past Veterans Day weekend when we uncovered the car for a clean up and wax.

Attachments

• 000_2431.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 000_2430.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 000_2429.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 000_2428.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 000_2427.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 244
Well here is the progress today, new tubular radiator support courtesy of baddart, 70 swinger fenders courtesy of physixx and a shot of a scamp bumper (70 style) courtesy of oklahoma salvages...getting too cold to work outside though, gonna prolly store this mamma for the winter and redo the dash and other assorted goods-fender here-door there anyhow enjoy!:happy1:

Attachments

• SN150208.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 209
  • SN150209.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 180
  • SN150210.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 204
  • SN150211.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 181
-
Back