1974 Swinger...let the pain begin

-
I also have a build going and have been watching yours.Mine is a 74 Scamp that has taken a few turns.Keep up the good work post pictures

Attachments

• scamp rear.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 434
  • panel out.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 437
  • bumper test.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 434
ooopsy....somehow missed your (Floyd) last update

Just joining in on your fun Floyd. Your car is looking great so far.

You must have cool neighbors. Not too many neighborhoods that I've lived in would let you do any of that in your driveway.

^^ same here bud.. jersey's a *****. the state doesnt let you have "junked" cars outside on your property... when i say "junked" i mean they have some women or nerd people that dont know about cars... and if it looks "ugly" to them they report you... wtf is that! has a buddy of mind had that happen to... and the car was his driver!

damn.... i wanted a 74 swinger.. i have a 74 scamp... i wanted to have the combo. has to be couple lol that would have been cool. only ones i find my way are 4doors... :banghead: good luck with car.

I saw his car the other day in person.
The work looks great so far!
Keep up the good work!

I don't understand let the pain begin! I saw a 74 Scamp in Belington WV the other day in a lot worse condition than what you started with. The guy had $4500. or best offer on it. ( I saw parts ) It had a beautiful Rootbeer brown metalflake paint job on it, but the body work underneath the paint looked like it was done by Bart Simpson. Good luck Guy, you've got something to be proud of real soon.

I don't understand let the pain begin! I saw a 74 Scamp in Belington WV the other day in a lot worse condition than what you started with. The guy had $4500. or best offer on it. ( I saw parts ) It had a beautiful Rootbeer brown metalflake paint job on it, but the body work underneath the paint looked like it was done by Bart Simpson. Good luck Guy, you've got something to be proud of real soon.

My '72 340 Demon is FAR worser than the OP's car. I agree!! You can start with something much worse.

To the OP: Cool build and I'll be watching it!!

Most of the pain is backbreaking labor, LOL! The reason o bought the car was because of the lack of rust really, its been real easy but i put new trunk and tubs in and am makin good progress on it. Paint is very very soon :) look for a sublime nightmare ;) I appreciate your support

Your car is going to be awesome! Love the pics of your helper. Mine makes sure I do things right!

Attachments

• 100_1097 (Medium).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 305
heres one i built for my 16 year old. mini tubed, subframe connectors 8 3/4 and 318 three speed, he does good in school and we'll put a little power in it later.

Attachments

• MADERA SHOW 10-8-11 012.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 304
  • MADERA SHOW 10-8-11 008.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 313
  • MADERA SHOW 10-8-11 009-2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 291
not that I'm complainin' or anything like that....but we haven't seen any updates on those wheel tubs in a while....

say Hi to the Mrs. for me...

Mopar to 'ya
Denny

Well I have acquired pretty much every piece of metal to convert this 74 into a 72. My opinion is it is more attractive and the best part is i can drive it and enjoy it!!!!:glasses7: hope everyone likes my new pics and more to follow tomorrow, i just ran outta daylight so stay tuned everyone!:D

Attachments

• rear2.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 229
  • rear 1.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 230
maybe my inspiration...but your perspiration...

BTW...happy veterns day my friend..

-
Back