1975 Dart sport convertriple

-

Rbitt

Reaction score
I know this probably is not the right spot to post this but if anyone knows anything about this I would apprecite some input.
I just looked at a 1975 dart sport convertriple. Slant 6, 904 automatic, original air car. Nice piece. My concerns are, it has fiberglass front fenders and complete fiberglass rear quarters. The rear quarters go all the way into the trunk lip so it is not just a panel. I've looked online and have been unable to find anything about fiberglass quarters. Could this by chance be a special concept car by dodge or do you think somewhere fiberglass quarters where produced after market. The current owner bought the car in michigan 15 years ago and doesn't know any history.
Thanks for any input.

without any pics, hmmmm. and it must be a sunroof car not a convertriple. unless someone cut the top off. fiberglass quarters? i would like to see these. concept, highly doubtful.

75 convertable? Fiberglass 1/4's . Never seen either ,let alone both on one car. Show us some pics please!

a sunroof does not make it a convertable . a convertable has no top at all. a sunroof car yes. fiberglass quarter panels, lets see these

Didn't a car company refer to a soft top sun roof as a convertible? Could that what we are talking about.

Would really like to see pictures of this thing

a sunroof does not make it a convertable . a convertable has no top at all. a sunroof car yes. fiberglass quarter panels, lets see these

He said "Convertriple". It is what Dodge called the Dart Sports with a fold down rear seat and a sunroof. I owned one back in the day.
Frank

Didn't a car company refer to a soft top sun roof as a convertible? Could that what we are talking about.

Would really like to see pictures of this thing

hmm. could be . pics would go a long way here. i have heard of soft top sunroof cars often referred to as a convertable but not a convertriple. if im wrong i will shut up. pics please

He said "Convertriple". It is what Dodge called the Dart Sports with a fold down rear seat and a sunroof. I owned one back in the day.
Frank
ok sounds good , shuttn up. im still curious as to the fiberglass quarters. sorry if i came across like an ***. i learned something today lol

In 75-76,they made a "dart sport lite",but it used aluminum in various places like bumper brackets and the 4-speed housing to reduce weight but never fiberglass body parts...

Here are pictures of the fiberglass quarters[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• driv qrtr.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 686
  • passqrtr.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 565
The 'glass 1/4 panels are probably aftermarket repair panels or racing panels. Going waaaaaaay back about 25 years ago, we had a local guy with a '70 Challenger. He replaced just about everything with fiberglass panels - hood, fenders, doors, trunk lid and both rear 1/4 panels. Made for one really light Challenger. So anything is possible.

Wylde1.

ok sounds good , shuttn up. im still curious as to the fiberglass quarters. sorry if i came across like an ***. i learned something today lol

You didn't come across like an ***. I've seen the same mistake made in other threads. You look at the word and see convertible instead of convertriple because convertriple isn't a real word. I just wanted to clear things up for you. Wish I still had my 74. It was a nice car.
Frank

Dart Convertriple and Space Duster are the same thing, they have the fold down rear seat. I have a Space Duster with a Sunroof (German "Golde" sunroof installed by ASC OE) and AC

What makes you think that the quarters are NOT steel? I'm guessing that you tested them with a magnet?

Yes back in the day they made glass 1/4s in the aftermarket. Sounds like someone either needed to patch a lot of rust/damage or wanted to lighten up a car. Not necessarily a bad thing but I would question how they were installed? Nowadays we have glue that will work dandy but back then how did they do it?

Sounds like you got the convertriple figured out so I won't go into detail; csx452 is on the money.

Honestly since they are already on if they aren't all cracked out ect and you want the car then go for it, just make sure to inspect it really well.

Thanks for all the input. I ended up passing on this car. Found an all original #s matching 73 dart sport 340; 4 speed; sunroof; ac car. If anyone is interested in this 75 it is now listed on Pittsburgh Craigslist $3200.

73dodgedart1.jpg

:glasses7:

available from 1973 - 1976

-
Back