2 barrel fitech tb not responding

-

73-Duster

Reaction score
I got my fitech 2 barrel the other week and installed everything. The problem is the handheld turns on but only when I hook up the usb to the stereo. (This may be how it was designed but I'm not sure) and if I unplug the usb or the connections from the throttle body it shuts off. But my issue is that when I try to select the 9th option down.... 9. Write cal to ECU the handheld says "ECU no response". I have double Checked all my wiring and it looked good. So then I added a designated ground from the throttle body to the engine block. My concern is that the handheld is getting from the ecu but it wont "switch on" so that it could be a bad ecu??? Lastly I read somewhere that the systems were not designed to work with a resistor to the ignition coil. So I bypassed it....

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions any help would be great.... thanks

Mine has 2 cables for normal operation (Not USB connected) the data cable is a stereo mini plug, and then a coaxial power plug to the display

Those are side by side on the top edge of the display

Mine has 2 cables for normal operation (Not USB connected) the data cable is a stereo mini plug, and then a coaxial power plug to the display

Those are side by side on the top edge of the display

Hmmm I wonder why they are different. The handheld won't turn on with the two cables from the throttle body but if I have it on with the usb plug in the two cables and turn the key on the screen gets brighter

My guess is that sometin wong LOL

Can you check are you getting power on the power connector? Get a piece of fine wire strand that you can insert into the coax plug and clip lead the thing to your multimeter.

My guess is that sometin wong LOL

Can you check are you getting power on the power connector? Get a piece of fine wire strand that you can insert into the coax plug and clip lead the thing to your multimeter.

Well I tested that and I was only getting 5-6 ish volts. I called in to fitech and they think it is because i ran the constant 12V source to the starter and that the battery cable has to much resistance. ill run it directly to the battery and hopefully this fixes it.

-
Back