2 post vs 4 post for long term storage

-
Same here. I have 10 feet at the short end

10 feet UNDER the lift ?? what brand is that ? I have blocking under one of mine to get 8 feet of overhead clearance. I would love 10' for travel trailer parking.
DSCN7973.JPG

How about manufacturer?

I asked my mechanic mentor, former pro shop owner. He said without missing a beat "Rotary. Period. They're the best and you don't want to compromise safety when you're working under a car."

I did some research and went with Rotary's consumer brand Revolution. The biggest difference between their pro and consumer lifts is the pro ones go up and down much much faster, which is important in a pro shop where time is money. It is engineered to be solid, so if you have a car up on locks correctly it's no problem for the lift to support it safely for storage indefinitely. If there were there would be something wrong with it. (granted a convertible on a lift is another story)

WP_20171009_011.jpg

WP_20181115_02_41_18_Pro.jpg

I have a relatively low ceiling - 10' under the rafters - so I went with the RTP9, a low-profile two-post with 9,000# capacity. I can lift an A-body up to the joists and have just enough room to walk underneath with tilted head. I had a local dealer install it, well worth it because they do it all the time and know how to do it safely, and those sections are huge and heavy. The whole thing with tax and installation was 3 and change (3200 if I recall correctly).

Having a lift is the greatest thing ever for car work, I've wanted one for years ever since I was a kid and worked in a garage. Really grateful I have one after all these years.

Last edited:
I asked my mechanic mentor, former pro shop owner. He said without missing a beat "Rotary. Period. They're the best and you don't want to compromise safety when you're working under a car."

I did some research and went with Rotary's consumer brand Revolution. The biggest difference between their pro and consumer lifts is the pro ones go up and down much much faster, which is important in a pro shop where time is money. It is engineered to be solid, so if you have a car up on locks correctly it's no problem for the lift to support it safely for storage indefinitely. If there were there would be something wrong with it. (granted a convertible on a lift is another story)

View attachment 1715257417

View attachment 1715257418

I have a relatively low ceiling - 10' under the rafters - so I went with the RTP9, a low-profile two-post with 9,000# capacity. I can lift an A-body up to the joists and have just enough room to walk underneath with tilted head. I had a local dealer install it, well worth it because they do it all the time and know how to do it safely, and those sections are huge and heavy. The whole thing with tax and installation was 3 and change (3200 if I recall correctly).

Having a lift is the greatest thing ever for car work, I've wanted one for years ever since I was a kid and worked in a garage. Really grateful I have one after all these years.
Rotary/Revolution the only way to go, I have a 4 post, love it.
Great choice

-
Back