2 sets of heads for sb. can you help?

-
Well, with those particular heads, it is not about total port flow, but port velocity. In other words, gettin the air fuel mixture there quick. That's what these heads were designed for. As long as they are used in their element, they will work great. And with someone that actually knows and does port work, instead of just blabbin about it, they can be made much more than what they are stock. I could build a stock unported 302 headed 318 to eclipse 400 HP real quick. A 400 HP 318 in a 64 Dart that would hook up would be one tough BEEOTCH to come around on the street. It would not happen around here. No one would ever believe it was a 318 either. Honestly, until you get large by huge in the carburetor and exhaust department, head porting is really not necessary. The trick to buildin a good unported motor is smart head choices. The 302 head casting (considering they are uncracked) IS a smart head choice. It's really that simple.

The OP was asking a question and it was getting answered until the same guy opened up his BIG MOUTH like usual. :argue:STFU
Some people actually want to learn something and are also teachable. You obviously can not do either. Go away

302 is good for a mild build 318, and in this day and age 400hp is mild, the 974 should be used in anything bigger than a 318. you need port volume to fill the cylinders, the air speed in the port is hog wash and will have more to due with a over or under carbed engine

I wonder it everybody is really as bad as they act on here?????

Seriously... every head porter you talk to will say something different than the other.

air speed can be your worst enemy, or it can pull signal on a much larger carb [like mentioned/think buick engines] and make it work though out the range as well as make more hp in the upper rpms.

I have talked to & argued with many head porters including hughes, they don't want to do old heads...they want to sell you new heads... plain and simple.

there are cnc programs that the major name shops-indy/hughes/davorak that take the work out of hand porting but they can make more with selling you new heads-mark up and ease in exploiting the potential.

One thing I don't do is blab, i'm not a cheerleader on the side lines of my favorite team...I'm just the guy with lil money trying to get it done and fact finding the flow potential 'rumors' of these old dinosaur bones and weighing the diff in ways.

Some people will talk a good game and throw this and that seemingly logical explanation at you to till yer handing them money and calling them a GURU.

The people with flow benches are the last to weigh in on these discussions I notice......

guess these heads aren't new enough and can't be figured into the bill.lol

The OP was asking a question and it was getting answered until the same guy opened up his BIG MOUTH like usual. :argue:STFU
Some people actually want to learn something and are also teachable. You obviously can not do either. Go away

He did get an honest answer from me..by the way race any more 307 chevelles lately..:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Mods, you can delete this thread at your convienience. Thank you

ummmmmm,,,,, not really, but maybe. so this is what i gathered..........

both these sets of heads are the perfect canidate to be used as boat anchors. lmao

ummmmmm,,,,, not really, but maybe. so this is what i gathered..........

both these sets of heads are the perfect canidate to be used as boat anchors. lmao

Guess you can't teach an idiot.

take yer seller *** somewhere else, btw I heard about the hacked up intake you sold my friend and how you said it was un milled un molested, guess yer blind too.

and yes I'm 'worser' in person.

I here ya. I have been wanting to ask a head question or two but not on this site. You get 5 pages of BS and no usable info. Sad but true.

Every time I see a head thead I think cool mabby I will learn some thing. Ya right.

Guess you can't teach an idiot.

take yer seller *** somewhere else, btw I heard about the hacked up intake you sold my friend and how you said it was un milled un molested, guess yer blind too.

and yes I'm 'worser' in person.

how bout you go fukk yourself.

i sold him a intake . i did not know it was milled. i offered to give him a 100% full refund on it, and he said no, that he would just use thicker gaskets you stupid tool

and on a side note, your comment about teaching an idiot", well, if the whole thread talks about whos little ding-ding is bigger, whats that got to do with the said heads in question?????????????????? count all the good replies to the off topic ones, you will see who the idiot is

i sold him a intake . i did not know it was milled. i offered to give him a 100% full refund on it, and he said no, that he would just use thicker gaskets you stupid tool

you're the tool, fk stick.

you don't know yer azz from yer mouth.

you are a complete and utter fking idiot.

and on a side note, your comment about teaching an idiot", well, if the whole thread talks about whos little ding-ding is bigger, whats that got to do with the said heads in question?????????????????? count all the good replies to the off topic ones, you will see who the idiot is

no back peddling, you get nothing from now on.

next time you want an answer to something ASK THE RIGHT FUKING QUESTION YOU STUPID MF'R!

it seems like you have some issues to be dealt with accordingly. i have said nothing to you, nor do i know you. i did not say your answers were right or wrong. i do not know who pissed in your coffee, but it was not me, and i plea the fifth

-
Back